English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 02 April 2002, 17:02   #1
backtoskooldaze

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Is there any point?????

Can someone tell me what difference will be if the Amiga A1200 with a blizzard 1230 IV 16 mb memory and a 40 mhz pga fpu will be like as i am looking in to upgrading my trusty A1200 i have already got a harddrive and i am awaiting my network kit.I need to know if i am wasting any money buying the upgarde but i do like playing games and i am hoping to get internet access on my Amiga through my pc so speed and performance will obviously be better.Will i be able to put my A1200 to use when the AmigaOne board.
I am a novice to Amiga upgrading i never considered these things in the 80's just bogged standard did me for games i did not know of internet then just bbs boards?
I love the technical side of pc's and now i have my Amiga and have found out through deep searching i can now use it with my pc which is cool i am prepared to spend money on the Amiga like i do with pc's (BUT I AM NOT RICH) LOL.

Cheers for now and please serious Amiga fans only reply (NO SARCASM AS I AM EASILY OFFENDED!) LOL.

//admin: please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead.
Old 06 April 2002, 06:27   #2
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Re: Is there any point?????

Quote:
Originally posted by backtoskooldaze
Can someone tell me what difference will be if the Amiga A1200 with a blizzard 1230 IV 16 mb memory and a 40 mhz pga fpu will be like as i am looking in to upgrading my trusty A1200 i have already got a harddrive and i am awaiting my network kit.I need to know if i am wasting any money buying the upgarde but i do like playing games and i am hoping to get internet access on my Amiga through my pc so speed and performance will obviously be better.Will i be able to put my A1200 to use when the AmigaOne board.

//admin: please don't use direct signature in your post, configure your UserCP instead.
A1200 with a Blizzard 1230 and a 40mhz (030 ?)

Nice. My A500 received an A530 a few years ago as a present, which turned it into something to keep up with an A3000 speed wise. Well it kept up with my mates A3000.

I would say you wont regret it