English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.WHDLoad

Old 04 November 2023, 06:57   #1
kas1e

Whdload and amigacd32 audio

@all
Sorry for lame question, but i tried to play in ChaosEngineCD32 version with CD-Audio enabled, but not directly in CD version, but in the WHDLoad's variant. So i install whdload path, all fine, game runs, but no CD-Audio.

I set of course in winuae's CD & Hard drives an ".cue" of CD image (and tested it by CDPlayer : audio cd works fine). As well as in "Sound" enable "Include CD and FMV Audio", but so far still no music.

Is it supposed to work this way with Whdload version of game ? Or i just did something wrong ? Or there should be some other settings somewhere ?

Thanks!
Old 04 November 2023, 07:08   #2
DanyPPC

WHDLoad doesn't support CD audio playback for CD32 games.

You have to install the game in standard hd version and use a CD32 emulator like one in IdeFix97 archive.

Or simply use WinUAE emulating a CD32 system.
Old 04 November 2023, 09:01   #3
derSammler

WinUAE can also play CD32 games directly, since it emulates that system, too. Why do you even do it that complicated?

Using WHDLoad for CD32 games only makes sense on AGA systems with no CD drive.
Old 04 November 2023, 09:23   #4
ransom1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
You have to install the game in standard hd version and use a CD32 emulator like one in IdeFix97 archive.
People are using this method with the mister fpga as there is still no cd32 core for the mister fpga. I tend to think of it has a hacky method and not true cd32.

Whdload cd32 games is only a direct data rip of the cd32.

You cannot merge audio with it..

Like everyone else says use winaue, it's by far the best and easiest emualtor for all models amiga including CD32
Old 04 November 2023, 09:48   #5
DanyPPC

I use also MiST with AmigaOS3.2 and CD32 emu by IdeFix to play CD32 games with audio.
Obviously not all work, but hear audio cd tracks while playing Amiga CD and CD32 games on MiST through cue/bin files is awesome.

Anyway WinUAE is the best to emulate and play CD32 games, as just told.
Old 04 November 2023, 16:15   #6
kas1e

WinUAE is one thing, but i want to use it with WHDload because i use it also on amigaos4 and run E-UAE on it. So, while i can emulate AmigaCD32, i still prefer whdload, because i have it all done like "doubl-click on icon and game immediately starts", without broing "amiga-cd" logos, and whatever else.

For audio cd i then just mount .cue with audio tracks with diskimage.device, and i can have in EUAE it like real CD-Audio which i can play with CDPlayer, but then, WHDLoad didn't support CD-Audio at all => fail , and only solution to emulate CD32 with E-UAE then.. Better than nothing , but at least in WHDload docs we can find:

Quote:
plans for the future

freezing of programs and restarting them later (using Snoop feature), aka savestates
support for CD-Audio for CDTV/CD³² games
update check for Slaves to inform if a newer release exists on the WHDLoad web page
rating of installed programs and sharing the score
So maybe someday..