English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 26 January 2021, 01:41   #1
jasonsbeer

1902A Power Switch

I purchased a 1902A monitor with a broken power switch. It will not stay in the on position. Since it looks identical to the 1084, I am (possibly mistaken) assuming the power switch is the same as the 1084 power switch.

I thought I would order a new switch while the monitor is in transit. Anyone have a part number for that power switch?
Old 26 January 2021, 09:45   #2
Jope
-

PREH TV3. Good luck with the hunt. You will not be able to find an exact match, as there are multiple variants, but if you take the mounting hardware from the old switch and snip off any unneeded pins from the new one, it will fit.
Old 26 January 2021, 11:33   #3
Vypr

Thisis a common problem on these and the Phillips monitors, my Phillips monitor had the same issue. The switch is a 'Preh TV3'
You can get a replacement switch from here https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/1084switch.html

This has two extra legs that need to be bent or snipped off but otherwise it fits and works perfectly.
Old 26 January 2021, 20:35   #4
jasonsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vypr View Post
Thisis a common problem on these and the Phillips monitors, my Phillips monitor had the same issue. The switch is a 'Preh TV3'
You can get a replacement switch from here https://www.thefuturewas8bit.com/1084switch.html

This has two extra legs that need to be bent or snipped off but otherwise it fits and works perfectly.
Great! Thanks for the link. Now to decide if it's worth the cost to replace vs. using an external switch. Although, this might make the right time to buy the Penultimate cart.
Old 29 January 2021, 13:12   #5
Commodoreguy

I dont know if this is helpful or not but a long time ago I got a 8833mk2 monitor with this problem and couldnt find a switch in the end I hard wired it to be on and expoxied a patch from the inside over the switch hole, then I purchased a iec cable with a inline switch and this was about 8 years ago... its still in daily use!
Old 30 January 2021, 19:56   #6
jasonsbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodoreguy View Post
I dont know if this is helpful or not but a long time ago I got a 8833mk2 monitor with this problem and couldnt find a switch in the end I hard wired it to be on and expoxied a patch from the inside over the switch hole, then I purchased a iec cable with a inline switch and this was about 8 years ago... its still in daily use!
This is how I will probably proceed. It will cost me £27 to get a switch in my hands. Not worth it, I think.