English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 15 March 2018, 12:24   #41
aCCoLa
Registered User

aCCoLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arbroath, Scotland
Age: 45
Posts: 49
Similar complaints and thread on the ‘Sinclair for sale’ Facebook page.
Folk not getting their DOTC spectrum versions...
aCCoLa is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 16 March 2018, 13:04   #42
apex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amigaplanet
Posts: 357
Cinemaware Retro - Not Received!

A German company is already in contact with Sven, taking over complete production and delivering. They are trying to do their best, but Sven stays still a complicated guy.

Regarding Wings AmigaOS4, yes some people got their packages, but the final version is still not released. Now after Tower 57 is finished, work on Wings will go on faster for sure.
apex is offline  
Old 18 March 2018, 17:56   #43
number6
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCCoLa View Post
Amigos Podcast just let me know they intend to cover this situation next podcast...hope it warns as many folk as possible.
Approximately 13 minutes into:
Episode 137

They've invited any Cinemaware rep to contact them for clarification.

#6
number6 is offline  
Old 19 March 2018, 03:52   #44
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montreal/Canadia
Age: 46
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by badflame View Post
Well, maybe I don't understand the potato crop, but if I open an e-commerce to sale potatoes, I will be 100% responsible for sending what I sell.

This is totally clear.
Oh I certainly understand your frustration, I am not saying he is blameless. I would only mount my own business operation if I were certain I could run it giving full satisfaction to customers at least in terms of respecting delivery promises.

But to amend your comparison, you would be selling e-potatoes on top of your additional job, not in place of your actual one.

The Amiga market is a small one, so returns on investments are small so you will find many atypical entrepreneurs there, some more qualified than others, some obviously much less.

Frankly, at this size, this is a bit like crowd funding indeed. You can pre-order and put money into the machine but there is no real guarantee that you have a 100% solid business behind.

Unfortunately, until the Amiga software market expands a bit and allows small but reliable companies to emerge and prove themselves there will be a non negligible amount of risk in pre-ordering products.
ReadOnlyCat is offline  
Old 20 March 2018, 12:09   #45
aCCoLa
Registered User

aCCoLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arbroath, Scotland
Age: 45
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Frankly, at this size, this is a bit like crowd funding indeed. You can pre-order and put money into the machine but there is no real guarantee that you have a 100% solid business behind.

Unfortunately, until the Amiga software market expands a bit and allows small but reliable companies to emerge and prove themselves there will be a non negligible amount of risk in pre-ordering products.
I understand what you are saying and with hind sight perhaps it is more like this however, this is not how I was sold the product. Via the website and interviews with cinema ware retro representatives I heard/read, it was a finished product ready to buy. I never bought anything (wings) that was pre order. I bought a finished product that I don’t have 6 months later.
If this is not the case, if it is a pre order and not finished product, it is at least imho a breach of trading standards. If it is a ‘crowd funding’ Situation then let me know up front so I know what I’m getting into.
Thx to amigos podcast for mentioning this situation in a very tactful way.
aCCoLa is offline  
Old 05 April 2018, 23:13   #46
badflame
Registered User

 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Spain
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
Oh I certainly understand your frustration, I am not saying he is blameless. I would only mount my own business operation if I were certain I could run it giving full satisfaction to customers at least in terms of respecting delivery promises.

But to amend your comparison, you would be selling e-potatoes on top of your additional job, not in place of your actual one.

The Amiga market is a small one, so returns on investments are small so you will find many atypical entrepreneurs there, some more qualified than others, some obviously much less.

Frankly, at this size, this is a bit like crowd funding indeed. You can pre-order and put money into the machine but there is no real guarantee that you have a 100% solid business behind.

Unfortunately, until the Amiga software market expands a bit and allows small but reliable companies to emerge and prove themselves there will be a non negligible amount of risk in pre-ordering products.
There should be no more risk than the crowd funding campaign fulfills its objectives or not. Once the seller receives the money, there is no excuse for not serving the product. Otherwise it is a simple scam.

Anyway, I did not fund the crowd funding campaign. I bought an item from his store online, in stock, that you have not sent me because you have not wanted, since he have stock.

I insist, there is no excuse.
badflame is offline  
Old 16 April 2018, 14:49   #47
apex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Amigaplanet
Posts: 357
It is going forward. RR is complete for production. Wings PC also.
apex is offline  
Old 24 May 2018, 18:46   #48
aCCoLa
Registered User

aCCoLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Arbroath, Scotland
Age: 45
Posts: 49
Evil grin

so today, 7 months after I purchased 2 games advertised as "finished" products and available to buy from Cinemaware Retro.....I finally.......got a refund from my credit card company. No games from CWR.

Shame on you cinemaware retro and thanks for a big waste of time.
Be warned folks.
aCCoLa is offline  
Old 23 July 2018, 14:35   #49
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montreal/Canadia
Age: 46
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by badflame View Post
There should be no more risk than the crowd funding campaign fulfills its objectives or not. Once the seller receives the money, there is no excuse for not serving the product. Otherwise it is a simple scam.

Anyway, I did not fund the crowd funding campaign. I bought an item from his store online, in stock, that you have not sent me because you have not wanted, since he have stock.

I insist, there is no excuse.
There are no excuses, only explanations of the level of risk inherent to small markets and thus lack of full time professionals.

I agree that this should not happen but is nevertheless explainable.
ReadOnlyCat is offline  
Old 23 July 2018, 14:38   #50
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montreal/Canadia
Age: 46
Posts: 1,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by badflame View Post
There should be no more risk than the crowd funding campaign fulfills its objectives or not. Once the seller receives the money, there is no excuse for not serving the product. Otherwise it is a simple scam.

Anyway, I did not fund the crowd funding campaign. I bought an item from his store online, in stock, that you have not sent me because you have not wanted, since he have stock.

I insist, there is no excuse.
There were no excuses, only explanations of the level of risk inherent to small markets and thus lack of full time professionals.
I agree that this should not happen.

Now, if we are talking about solutions rather than just problems, maybe we could organize and talk Svenn into delegating the management of sales and of his existing stock to the community.
This could help fix the communication and delay issues encountered by users and relieve him of work that obviously he does not have time for.
ReadOnlyCat is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[BuildLog] Vampire V2-128 received and it's just pure p0rn. TuKo Amiga scene 289 03 March 2018 12:31
Received RGB cable with broken prongs B14ck W01f support.Hardware 9 29 June 2016 15:55
Newly received A1200 zerohour1974 New to Emulation or Amiga scene 13 12 March 2015 02:35
Received a fake and copied OS 3.9 D4Ni3L3 support.Other 5 26 June 2010 12:38
Just Received SWOOPER in the mail stainy HOL contributions 0 05 May 2006 10:55

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:43.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09986 seconds with 14 queries