English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 12 December 2017, 16:49   #1
cbmeeks

Where to upload my code from the 90's?

Back in "my day", when I was 100% Amiga (1989-2000 or so) I co-developed a little map editor program with another guy (Ryan Scott). Our tool used a graphic engine (can't remember name) from Francois Lionet (spelling)?

Keep in mind...I'm going from memory here...

Anyway, Ryan Scott published a little disk-based newsletter called Playfield! and in one of the issues, he published our code on disk.

I still have that issue and the disk. It's not anything super awesome or great. Just a basic game mapper used to make levels, etc. But we really enjoyed it and Ryan wrote a little platformer using it.

So my question is...is there some archive site I can upload the disk to?

Second, how would I go about copying the disk to a modern PC? I have a Gotek so I guess I could create a virtual disk there and copy it using AmigaDOS.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12 December 2017, 22:09   #2
tolkien
AmigaMan

I think the right and best site is aminet.
You can create an adf of the disk, compress it with lha and upload it. Or compress with lha the executables.
Old 13 December 2017, 07:44   #3
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmeeks View Post
Second, how would I go about copying the disk to a modern PC? I have a Gotek so I guess I could create a virtual disk there and copy it using AmigaDOS.
Yep, create an empty ADF, add it your gotek memory stick and use some copying program on the Amiga. Try to avoid the workbench diskcopy, it modifies the destination's root block.