English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 02 October 2017, 17:21   #1
Amigajay

New Physical Retail CD32 Releases

Last edited by Amigajay; 08 April 2019 at 22:24.
Old 22 November 2018, 21:44   #2
viddi

Awesome!
Old 22 November 2018, 22:51   #3
toples50

Thanks! Keep up the good work.
Old 23 November 2018, 15:21   #4
Glen M

Gonna have to leave links to this all round the house and hopefully Santa sees what I want for Christmas.

Out of all this I currently only own lumberjack reloaded and I just own the digital download version.

I thought tanks fury will boot on a cd32? I do have a "cough" copy "cough" that boots on the console.

Anyway as for my thoughts on Lumberjack reloaded.... A modern mobile game on an Amiga....

The game drops you into the shoes of a jack of lumber whos task is to cut down what is possibly the largest tree in the woods one ring at a time while avoiding overhanging branches. That' s it. No thinking required here and no story to follow. Grab an axe and cut down the tree. Press left to chop left to right press right nd chop right to left. The CD32 lets you use the blue button instead of pressing right (blue is the further most right button on the pad). Personally I would of liked to have seen an option to use the shoulder buttons ala pinball games.

The challenge comes from the ever draining time / life bar at the top of screen which slowly refills said bar. Powerups exist in the form of Bra, Knickers and Shoes all of the female persuasion that when all collected give an extra 10 points each time you switch sides, I can't help but think who may be at the top of this tree given the garments contained within. There is also a bottle of drink that when collected will either take a significant amount off your time/life bar or if you select drunk mode in the option will enable that ensuring instant death. Drunk mode inverts the controls and trust me when your in the swing of things and the controls suddenly invert your dead.

Apart from the CD32 controls there is no difference in this games release on the console. Perhaps a bit of CD audio or graphics to make use of the AGA capability of the console would have been nice but for the low cost of this game its hard to complain.

Audio can be a repetitive especially the tune in game. All be it the title song is great.

The whole feel of it is very much akin to what you might play on a modern phone, its simple 2 button interface certainly would feel at home on a phone but on the CD32, meh, the game gets old quickly. Sorry but for me it scores a 5/10.
Old 10 December 2018, 11:55   #5
earok

Damn, great idea

IF Fast Ram equipped CD32s count, then Tales of Gorluth 2 could be added - the disc boots on CD32 but the game itself needs Fast RAM.
Old 10 December 2018, 13:37   #6
Cobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
I can't help but think who may be at the top of this tree given the garments contained within.

Perhaps a bit of CD audio or graphics to make use of the AGA capability of the console would have been nice but for the low cost of this game its hard to complain.
Play the Revision version from Amigajay's Mag cover cd and you'll see who's on the top of the tree
And there are also audio tracks with ambiance.
Old 17 December 2018, 12:37   #7
Heavy Stylus
CD32 Fanboi

The two new games from Lazycow boot on the CD32

https://rgcd.bigcartel.com/artist/lazycow