English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 22 January 2024, 12:10   #1
offog

Stampede issue 1 coverdisks?

Does anybody have disk images for the two Amiga coverdisks from Stampede issue 1?

This is the commercial diskmag that became Rampage from issue 3 onwards. There are images of issues 2-5 on TURRAN here and here, but not issue 1. I've got both physical disks but the previous owner overwrote them with Sensible Soccer saves!

I would be interested even in partial/corrupt images. The other issues all use Copylock so I expect this one probably does as well.

Cheers!
Old 22 January 2024, 13:18   #2
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

There is a set on sale if you want to image your own.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133668781041

The tab over the write protect isn't a great sign though.
Old 22 January 2024, 13:40   #3
offog

Worth a shot, cheers! I've imaged my own copies of 2, 4 and 5, although 2 was falling to bits and needed doing a few tracks at a time with IPA - we'll see what shape those are in. I'd still be interested in other peoples' full or partial images, given how frequently coverdisks get modified...
Old 28 January 2024, 01:32   #4
offog

The issue 1 disks from eBay arrived - I've imaged them and uploaded the .scp files to the Zone. disk-analyse -f amigados_copylock will decode them happily.

Someone posted (and then removed) a comment in this thread saying that they remembered seeing images of issue 1 around before, so I did a bit more searching now that I know what the contents is meant to be - and found ADF images of disk 1 and disk 2 on archive.org. These are identical to my copies except for the Copylock track, so it looks like the contents is correct.

I've also imaged all the ST disks for issues 1-7 if those are of use to anybody...
Old 28 January 2024, 09:33   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by offog View Post
The issue 1 disks from eBay arrived - I've imaged them and uploaded the .scp files to the Zone. disk-analyse -f amigados_copylock will decode them happily.
Thank you I've also added them to the file server.
Old 29 January 2024, 15:45   #6
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Thanks

Quote:
Someone posted (and then removed) a comment in this thread saying that they remembered seeing images of issue 1 around before
That was me. I had thought STAmpede was a dual format cover disk (I imaged all dual format and tri-format disks a long time ago) but I was wrong.

Quote:
I've also imaged all the ST disks for issues 1-7 if those are of use to anybody...
If they are not widely available I am sure http://atari-forum.com is the place to offer them.

Can you download them here? (I can't view this URL at work)

http://www.stformat.com/stampede01/index.html
Old 04 February 2024, 18:48   #7
offog

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I had thought STAmpede was a dual format cover disk ...

I did wonder if that might have been the original intention - for a game like Dark Side where there's a big data file then a small executable for each platform, it might have been doable. But if that was the plan, I expect it fell apart pretty quickly.

The Amiga disks at least feel very much like a one-person production, and they only use the Rob Northen tools in a very simplistic way. It's quite amusing on the later disks to see what looks like a crack intro that includes a Copylock check, though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Can you download them here?

Most of them. That site's missing scans of some of the disks, and I've got what looks like a preview version of ST issue 1 that's not there. Unfortunately the contact address bounces, so I'll see if I can get them somewhere else...
Old 05 February 2024, 22:50   #8
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

There is a thread on Atari-forum.com where they are capturing disk images of all disks at the flux level, confirming they have not been modified, converting them to appropriate compressed flux format disk images.

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=28228

They don't have any STampede disk images.
Old 06 February 2024, 15:15   #9
offog

Thanks! I've followed up there - post awaiting moderation at the moment.