woot!

@FrodeSolheim:
great work
Old 10 February 2012, 18:52   #82
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
Excuse my ignorance, any chance of adding a multiplayer feature to this?
I suppose you mean online multi-player? Well, I did not plan to, but then I started thinking about it, and now I think it may be done relatively easily, depending on how deterministic the emulation is -I will consider doing a prototype later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokos View Post
Hi, I think it's awesome and just perfect for handhelds! Have you been thinking about adopting this way uae4all for opensource handheld consoles like gp2x Caanoo? Kind regards, K
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiark View Post
I suspect that due to the core being winuae, which is focused on emulation accuracy rather than speed on slower devices, it might not be the most performant - but it's definitely worth a try!
chiark is probably right. I believe UAE4ALL is based on an old version of UAE, with lower system requirements (and probably with further optimisations). Additionally, I do not personally develop for such systems, but I have an Android device, and a port to Android is most likely in this regard. -But I think it is better I spend time on improving fs-uae for computers.

Quote:
Frode, could you incorporate a way of knowing what version of WinUAE makes up the core? For example, Toni is now on 2.4.0 beta 15 (?)... Or do you wait until stable release and then start a beta of fs-uae?
Yes, since the emulation core is 99,9% intact from WinUAE, it would make sense to put this information in the log file at startup. Currently, fs-uae has integrated code from WinUAE 2.4.0 beta 5. I do not plan to update the core code until 2.4.0 is released, but I monitor the WinUAE forums and look for interesting changes when new betas are posted.

Quote:
Incidentally, I couldn't see the copyright notice on startup on macosx, and it's not in the log either? I tried from the command line (which displayed where the log was being written to) and from the icon.
This was new in version 0.9.6 -You probably ran an older version (?)

Quote:
Strange auto size behaviour: when running in fullscreen mode and loading a crunched demo which strobes the background colour (eg Rebels/Coma), the screen jumps up and down quite a lot. Disable fullscreen (ctrl-f11) and this stops. I can send an ADF if it helps?
Yes, the autoscale code gets confused in some cases, and this is probably unavoidable. In this case, you can specify a fixed crop rectangle ("viewport") for this demo - example.conf has instructions on how to do this.

Quote:
Want help with the OSX packaging? I can sort out a DMG if that would be useful...
Thanks for the offer, but I do not think it is necessary. It have a semi-automated compilation and packaging process (and can integrate writing DMG files if necessary), but the .tar.gz seems to work fine (Let me know if an DMG would provide substantial extra functionality -I am aware of the convention to include a symlink to /Applications in DMGs etc).

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 10 February 2012 at 19:54.
Old 10 February 2012, 18:57   #83
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
I think I love you. Top work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnoStiC View Post
woot!

@FrodeSolheim:
great work
It is very nice to get this kind of feedback

And thank you, GnoStiC, for PUAE -I "borrowed" several bits of it ;-)
Old 10 February 2012, 20:43   #84
chiark
Needs a life

*cough* embarassing *cough*. I was running from the command line and was in the wrong directory... 0.9.6 does write a header to the logfile on startup with copyright message.

No, a DMG won't give you anything more functionally per se. You can set a background, that's about it... It just looks a bit shinier and OSX-like
Old 10 February 2012, 21:42   #85
Aequitas

Omg, thanks for all your work on this, it's the one thing i've been waiting for a long time

I was doing some tests, and ran into a little problem while trying to load a cue sheet. I'm not sure if it's supposed to work yet ( though the log file shows it's trying to load it at least ).

Code:
gui_disk_image_change drive 3 <no disk>
 -- stub -- gui_filename num=3 name=""
gui_disk_image_change drive 3 <no disk>
Image driver open.
IMAGE driver installed, ok=1
 -- stub -- my_setcurrentdir 
CUE TOC: 'fire/fire.cue'
 1:       0 00:02:00 DATA     4          0          0 [FILE ERROR]
 - fire.iso
 2:     150 00:04:00 CDA      0     352800          0 [FILE ERROR]
 - fire - track 02.wav
 3:     150 00:04:00 CDA      0          0          0 [FILE ERROR]
 - fire - track 03.wav
uae_start_tread "cdimage_unpack" function at 0x100359db0 arg 0x0
using drive IMG:fire/fire.cue (unit 0, media 1)
uae_start_tread "akiko" function at 0x1002cf490 arg 0x0
CD32: media changed = 1
 -- stub -- updatedisplayarea
While trying to load it, nothing else happens, when disabling it, the CD32 kickstart is loaded just fine. Am i doing something wrong?

Ow, this is on OSX Lion

Old 11 February 2012, 12:09   #86
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas View Post
I was doing some tests, and ran into a little problem while trying to load a cue sheet. I'm not sure if it's supposed to work yet ( though the log file shows it's trying to load it at least ).

While trying to load it, nothing else happens, when disabling it, the CD32 kickstart is loaded just fine. Am i doing something wrong?

Ow, this is on OSX Lion
It was supposed to work, but I have confirmed that loading CUE files for CD32 on Mac fails (it works for me on Windows though). I have registered the issue here: http://code.google.com/p/fs-uae/issues/detail?id=15 and will fix it shortly.

Edit: Fixed. The problem was caused by a backslash hardcoded into blkdev_cdimage.cpp. Changed to using a macro for path separator instead. The fix will be included in the next version of fs-uae -I'll probably make one soon because of this bug.

Thank your for reporting it

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 11 February 2012 at 12:29.
Old 12 February 2012, 16:31   #87
Aequitas

Awesome, thanks!

Old 13 February 2012, 13:11   #88
P-J

Hey FrodeSolheim, thanks for the new version. Apologies for not replying to this thread earlier but had a bit of a family emergency that swallowed up the whole of last week.

All seems to be working well now I can switch the vsync off Got some tearing, but I'm experiencing that in other programs as well so I need to sort that out myself!

Are you look for bug reports in individual games now? With the crack of Lotus (fullevil) I have, when you click the mouse button on the crack screen FS-UAE just shuts down without any warning

Are you looking for these sort of bug reports (with logs attached of course!)?
Old 13 February 2012, 20:52   #89
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Any chance of a 32bit compile for OS X pretty please with cherries and sugar rainbow sprinkles on top? I imagine that's why the current version won't work on my Mac.
Old 13 February 2012, 21:57   #90
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Are you look for bug reports in individual games now? With the crack of Lotus (fullevil) I have, when you click the mouse button on the crack screen FS-UAE just shuts down without any warning

Are you looking for these sort of bug reports (with logs attached of course!)?
Yes - Please create an issue here http://code.google.com/p/fs-uae/issues/list with the log file! Also, include the output of "uname -a"
Old 13 February 2012, 22:11   #91
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 0.9.7

Version 0.9.7:
* FS-UAE can open configuration files without (-c) parameter, makes FS-UAE.
easier to start with config from graphical shells (Windows Explorer,
Mac OS X Finder).
* Added chip_memory, fast_memory and slow_memory options (see example.conf).
* Fixed bug where save states would not be saved if floppies where specified
with absolute path.
* Fixed problem with opening CUE files on systems other than Windows.
* Fixed audio buffering issues.
* Buffer additional audio data on buffer underrun before resuming playback.
* Fixed problem with renaming files in virtual (mounted) disks on Windows.
* Code cleanup in libamiga, new wrapper functions for some platform-specific
code.
* Support for large HDF files (> 2GB) (untested, and not supported on Windows
yet).
* Better implementation of write_log in libamiga.
* Updated README to clarify that you can use ALT+F11 on Mac to toggle mouse
pointer (since the OS intercepts F11 alone).
* Write information about base WinUAE version to log file.
* Use same random number generator on all platforms.

Downloads:
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-....7-windows.zip
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...-macosx.tar.gz
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...9.7-0_i386.deb
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-....7-0_amd64.deb
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-uae-0.9.7.tar.gz
Old 14 February 2012, 09:33   #92
sebbi

Great!

Will you provide the source code on https://code.google.com/p/fs-uae within a git repo?
Old 14 February 2012, 18:40   #93
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamkatcha View Post
Any chance of a 32bit compile for OS X pretty please with cherries and sugar rainbow sprinkles on top? I imagine that's why the current version won't work on my Mac.
Well, you *did* ask very nicely! Try this one (Universal build for both x86_64 and i386):
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...-macosx.tar.gz
(I do not know for certain if it works on 32-bit only Macs, because I don't have one).
Old 14 February 2012, 20:36   #94
frostwork

w000t!
outstanding work!
finally launching whdload games in perfect fullscreen mode from
emulator frontend :}
Thank you very much!
Old 15 February 2012, 00:02   #95
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbi View Post
Will you provide the source code on https://code.google.com/p/fs-uae within a git repo?
That was in my mind when I registered the google code project, but I primarily registered for the issue tracker (for now, anyway).

Currently, it is more convenient for me to have my own private git repositories (one for fs-uae, one for libfsemu and one for libcapsimage), and just publishing source tarballs for each release.
Old 15 February 2012, 00:24   #96
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
You already know this, of course, since we spoke on IRC ;-) -but for anyone else with the same problem: it is fixed in the coming release.
Old 15 February 2012, 11:53   #97
Gaula92

Are you providing NTSC support? I have a macbook running Linux wich is totally unable to switch into 50Hz modes, and I'd like to see perfect sync with a near-60Hz mode
Old 15 February 2012, 12:22   #98
kire_online

Audio is good on 0.9.7, still yet to try 50Hz on Mac Mini hooked up to PAL 50Hz Plasma.
Old 15 February 2012, 12:36   #99
P-J

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaula88@hotmail View Post
Are you providing NTSC support? I have a macbook running Linux wich is totally unable to switch into 50Hz modes, and I'd like to see perfect sync with a near-60Hz mode
Being a limey, and totally unaware of the concept of NTSC when I was young, could someone explain this to me?

I'm guessing that an NTSC version of a game is designed to work at 60hz, whilst keeping the music and action at a similar speed to the PAL version, right? Or vice versa if the NTSC version came first?

(As opposed to playing a PAL version on an NTSC machine resulting in it being ~20% faster).

Just trying to understand why NTSC support is anything more than vsyncing at 60hz.
Old 15 February 2012, 15:35   #100
Gaula92

You can vysnc a PAL system to 60HZ: in that case, the emulated system is INTERNALLY running at 50HZ but external timing is locked to 60HZ, thus making music sound faster and samples sound with a higher frequency.