English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 29 February 2016, 02:13   #101
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi all!

AmiModRadio v0.98 is now available here, here, and here!

AmiModRadio now supports different images sets thanks to Retrofan's suggestion and amazing work! So, now, you can have multiple images sets for the icons shown on AmiModRadio's Controls page.

To choose an images set, go to the Prefs page and use the cycle button in the list view. All current image sets are Retrofan's (except for the Default).

To add a new images set, simply create a new directory in images/ and put in it the images that you want to use (which replace any Default image by the same name). Voilà!

Happy 29th of February!
Old 29 February 2016, 02:29   #102
TenLeftFingers

I had just downloaded a previous version but not extracted yet. You have a very interesting website. Thanks for the great software!
Old 29 February 2016, 03:03   #103
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks a lot for the new version. You should look at the icons, they are wrong still. Now I see also in my AKReal version the problem the program has now with the size of the options in MUI as you comment in another thread. This problem didn't exist in the previous version.

Thanks anyway, by now I just will change the MUI settings to change the sizes as I told there. I'm sure you will fix it anyway as you told in the other thread.
Old 29 February 2016, 15:50   #104
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Retrofan and TenLeftFingers!

Sorry for the icons, I put a reminder to myself to fix this issue!

Hopefully, the problems with the size of the gagdets in the Prefs page will get fixed with tboeckel's solution.

I'm glad that you enjoyed my Web site, TenLeftFingers

Cheers!
Old 29 February 2016, 16:56   #105
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks Tygre. Now it's very easy to try another set of icons. In fact I've made another with an aluminium look, from here: http://all-free-download.com/free-ve...et_312267.html

They announce them as free. I've had to make the Reload one though, as it didn't exist. Ah! it looks terrific without RTG too .

Aluminium, using 256 colors:

Aluminium 24Bits (RTG):

And I've made another set for only 16 colors. Edit: Both "Aluminium" and "Aluminium for 16 Colors" use images using only 16 colors, but the palette changes. "Aluminium" looks better with more colors.

This is Aluminium for 16 Colors, using 16 colors:

Edit: As Tygre told, to change the images you just have to open his "images" drawer and add for example this new images just as they are. Then start AmiModRadio, click on Preferences, Reset (just in case) and select the set of images you want to use. Close the program and start it again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Buttons.zip (45.4 KB, 145 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 29 February 2016 at 22:52.
Old 29 February 2016, 18:23   #106
tygre
Returning fan!

PS. Very nice Retrofan, they will be included in the next release
Old 29 February 2016, 18:43   #107
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
PS. Very nice Retrofan, they will be included in the next release
Thanks a lot. It's so great some guy like you having such a great idea and learning and developing it for us

I'm very glad to be of any help with some images from time to time as I love your program
Old 29 February 2016, 22:20   #108
AMIGASYSTEM

Grazie tygre, with my AfA OS and AmiKit you do not see in full the Tab Image Sets.

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 March 2016 at 14:05.
Old 01 March 2016, 00:11   #109
AMIGASYSTEM

Ciao tygre, I found it and cut out a few buttons found on the net (i do not know whether it is legal to do so) that matches perfectly with the colors of my Workbench, if you like I can attach (are pictures JPG renamed to IFF)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 March 2016 at 13:58.
Old 01 March 2016, 00:52   #110
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AmiModRadio can't use skins the way AmigaAMP or AMPlifier make, but it doesn't mean we can't make our own backgrounds. I've searched for a boing ball, cutted it (it gives depth to the image) and then I've made the gray background in CorelDraw in a few minutes.

I've made this for 256 colors now:

Or 24 Bit:

You just have to open the MUI prefs and select Groups, Container, Backgrounds and then select the image

To change the look of the folders it's just to change (I use MUI 4) Groups, "Layout as" Buttons (instead of tabs).
Attached Files
File Type: zip RetrofanSkins.zip (111.4 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 02:33.
Old 01 March 2016, 01:34   #111
AMIGASYSTEM

In which file name matches the Skin of the background?

Also found a radio that matches the color of my Workbench

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 16 October 2017 at 22:48.
Old 01 March 2016, 01:44   #112
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
In which file name matches the Skin of the background?

Also found a radio that matches the color of my Workbench
The background isn't in his files, it's a pref of MUI. Make a left click on the left icon of the upper icons on the right side of the Window, select MUI settings and select Groups, Container, Backgrounds and then select the image.

Very nice radio you've found. Let's see what Tygre thinks. Maybe it could be possible also to change that image as another option.
Old 01 March 2016, 02:11   #113
AMIGASYSTEM

I had understood that it was MUI, in fact the color is on all applications MUI
Yes, he was the first Radio, then the headset and finally have fun mix the two and put the radio in Headset.

Quote:
Very nice radio you've found. Let's see what Tygre thinks. Maybe it could be possible also to change that image as another option.
Yes, it would also be nice to the ability to change the background without using MUI
Old 01 March 2016, 02:25   #114
tygre
Returning fan!

@Retrofan and @AmigaSystem

Thanks a lot for the new buttons and ideas for a background image As long as the images are yours (or clearly modifiable/distributable), I will add any new image sets to AmiModRadio!

Regarding the "radio" icon, yes, it can be changed too, as well as any of the "small icons": just check the names of the files in images/Default/ and use any of these names in your images sets and your new image will be used instead of the default one. (Hint: the radio image is called "Radio..." )

Regarding the problem with the hidden text and button, I believe this is related to the bug previously reported and, hopefully, fixed!

Cheers!
Old 01 March 2016, 11:28   #115
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Regarding the "radio" icon, yes, it can be changed too, as well as any of the "small icons": just check the names of the files in images/Default/ and use any of these names in your images sets and your new image will be used instead of the default one. (Hint: the radio image is called "Radio..." )
It is this is what I did, my two new images "Radio" I had copied respectively on the two new buttons folders, using the same file names of those in "default"

Quote:
Regarding the problem with the hidden text and button, I believe this is related to the bug previously reported and, hopefully, fixed!
Thanks for the answer, I hope in the future will be resolved

tygre if you give me an email address you send Cutting an Image Radio
Old 01 March 2016, 12:31   #116
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

This new Skin looks great with the other buttons:

AMIGASYSTEM if you want to have a different radio image, you just have to copy it to the same drawer of your buttons images (renamed to Radio107x107.iff). When you change the buttons with the AmiModRadio Prefs, that image will change too. EDIT: Ups, I didn't read your posts, you already know that. But what I want to say is that you can post your complete Drawer of images when you've got it as long as they are free, not sure: http://www.dreamstime.com/photos-ima...etails37458480

Anyway it is better if you use real iff images. You can change them with Ultimate Paint in the Pc.

I haven't found your radio image without the name in the bottom (I've had to cut it), maybe you can. This is in red as example without the right image:

BTW I named a set of images Black&Red, but they should be named Black&Green of course.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 March 2016 at 02:46.
Old 01 March 2016, 14:40   #117
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan;

Ciao Retrofan beautiful these buttons, today I made a nice theme Blue

@tygre
About A MedRadio in the future there will be a version of AROS

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 18 January 2017 at 09:37.
Old 01 March 2016, 17:48   #118
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

As MUI doesn't have transparency for the images (yet), you can use an square image -attached- for the radio to fill it all:

I've seen that you can get transparency in the lines of text with MUI, Settings, Text, Read Only, Background, Same as Parent object and also the same with the Container in Text . Well, I don't need to wait for any post; this MUI setup is just amazing .

The thing is that I don't remember how did I get rid of the borders of the buttons and the image.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
To get rid of the borders of the buttons it's this way:

MUI4 prefs: Images, Background, Frame, Visibility 0%
Edit: I've just made another Skin. I don't like it as much as the other, but since I've already made it, maybe somebody like it. Also remember that MUI is very configurable, so you can use this image as background ("Skin") and change a lot of things for a very different look.

This is with 256 colors:

If you have an idea about another Skin I'll be glad to make it. It can't have many things in the image as you have to read the text. You can of course use another background for the text though, but then you don't see the image.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Technics24B.rar (29.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: zip InsertDiskSkin.zip (99.6 KB, 112 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 March 2016 at 01:48.
Old 02 March 2016, 09:04   #119
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
As MUI doesn't have transparency for the images (yet), you can use an square image -attached- for the radio to fill it all:
Here I did not understand

Quote:
I've seen that you can get transparency in the lines of text with MUI, Settings, Text, Read Only, Background, Same as Parent object and also the same with the Container in Text . Well, I don't need to wait for any post; this MUI setup is just amazing .
I MUI4 use unregistered you will not let me edit and save

Quote:
The thing is that I don't remember how did I get rid of the borders of the buttons and the image.
Try to remember why the GUI so it is more beautiful to behold

Quote:
Edit: I've just made another Skin. I don't like it as much as the other
As skins would be nice solid colors with a few designs
Quote:
Anyway it is better if you use real iff images. You can change them with Ultimate Paint in the Pc.
On PC there are other software that manage formats PC-Amiga, there is for example Aura (Ex TVPaint Amiga) or you can use old Amiga software, HERE I did a small review on the Italian forum.

Today I had fun making another nice logo "Amigos"

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 04 March 2016 at 14:05.
Old 02 March 2016, 12:39   #120
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Here I did not understand
The image of the radio. It can't be transparent with MUI yet as far as I know, so the image for it it's better by now with an square background (white as we are using) or you can also use an image that occupies all of the square, so you don't see any background, like the one I've attached of Technics.

Quote:
I MUI4 use unregistered you will not let me edit and save
Try to contact the author. While you wait you can surely find the key googling.

Quote:
As skins would be nice solid colors with a few designs
Yes, that's what I said. I think that I've got enough with the two ones I've made. Well, I think I'll make another.