English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 06 March 2019, 01:54   #1
xboxown

I have AmigaOS 4.x for WinUAE

I bought the AmigaOS 4.x that I can run on WinUAE...but winuae only gives me 128 MB. Is there way I can have like 512 MB or 1 GB of RAM for PPC emulator version in WinUAE so that my AmigaOS 4.x can see more than the restrictive 128 MB RAM?
Old 06 March 2019, 03:21   #2
Hewitson

Try adding this to your s-s:

C:BootLoader COMMANDLINE="NoRamPager"
Old 06 March 2019, 10:45   #3
White

hi xboxown,
to enable more than 128mb of ram you need to install update 1 for the classic ppc version. (amigaos 4.1 final edition )
Here you can find news to deepen the options available to you.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=91368
Old 06 March 2019, 18:40   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Just a note that this has nothing to do with UAE. OS4 does not support anything else than accelerator RAM until latest update + extra command line parameter. OS4 also enforces official Z3 limits = RAM and RTG RAM must fit in 1G of Z3 space.

btw, remember to manually download the update first (do not use amiupdate to install it or you may run out of RAM while installing it).
Old 06 March 2019, 21:22   #5
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Just a note that this has nothing to do with UAE.
Yup, thread moved.
Old 07 March 2019, 22:07   #6
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by White View Post
hi xboxown,
to enable more than 128mb of ram you need to install update 1 for the classic ppc version. (amigaos 4.1 final edition )
Here you can find news to deepen the options available to you.
I cannot download the update. I am not allowed to download it. It is in the restricted area and I have no access to such area.
Old 12 March 2019, 11:44   #7
Daedalus

Why don't you have access? If you register your copy of OS 4.1FE, you should have access to the update in the downloads section when you log into Hyperion's website.
Old 14 March 2019, 19:04   #8
xboxown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Why don't you have access? If you register your copy of OS 4.1FE, you should have access to the update in the downloads section when you log into Hyperion's website.
I did buy a copy of OS 4.1FE but when I attempted to download the update it says you need to register your account (for login) so I did. After registering I click on the patch and it says it is restricted area and that is about it. Even after I logged in. So I tried to register for the forum...but it is refusing to let me register in hyperion forum to post there. So I give up and moved on.

I tend to do that..when one obstacle comes my way..I say, "Oh I give up!" and move on....not very good personality trait...especially if it I attempt to fight it and it gets just a bit complicated I go...aaaaaaaaaaaa...that is getting too complicated and I quit.

IN fact...I even forgot I posted this topic in the forum and just played PS4, Amiga stuff and did my personal errands and only today..I was like..yeah..I did post something here and read your reply and then I replied now to you with this sentence!
Old 14 March 2019, 20:14   #9
White

@xboxown

once you have purchased your product you should have your serial

In order to register your copy of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic (Download) , please follow the following steps:

1) Go to http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com.

2a) If you don't have a Hyperion account already, register for a new account via the "Create an account" link below the

login form on the left.

2b) Log in with your Hyperion account.

3) Click on "Product Registration" in the user menu on the left.

4) Click on "Register a product" in the main content and select AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic (Download) .

5) Enter the serial number from above and click "Register".

6) On the "Downloads" page you are now presented with all available downloads for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic

(Download) .
Old 14 March 2019, 21:39   #10
xboxown

Quote:
@xboxown

once you have purchased your product you should have your serial

In order to register your copy of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic (Download) , please follow the following steps:

1) Go to http://www.hyperion-entertainment.com.

2a) If you don't have a Hyperion account already, register for a new account via the "Create an account" link below the

login form on the left.

2b) Log in with your Hyperion account.

3) Click on "Product Registration" in the user menu on the left.

4) Click on "Register a product" in the main content and select AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic (Download) .

5) Enter the serial number from above and click "Register".

6) On the "Downloads" page you are now presented with all available downloads for AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition for Classic

(Download) .

Thanks!! I will do this today when I go home! You are aware if this actually works and I get to see like 1 GB of RAM and I can expand my video RAM by WinUAE configuration...I literally do not need AmigaOS x5000 hardware lol! I can literally experience OS 4.x maximum on my windows...run games, apps, browse...etc. I have an Amiga PPC computer via emulation.
Old 14 March 2019, 22:52   #11
White

@xboxown
Of course it works,
if you follow the guide to install 4.1, you will patiently do everything in an hour of work.
Everything works well, I personally look for some things that are difficult to do, some are successful and others are not.
But what you find in the guide works everything, you just have to follow it
But the spirit of using 4.1 is very similar to when I had a real amiga, if I stopped to insert only floppies to play I would not have learned anything
here the guide,
if you think it's useful, you should have an i5 processor to work well.
good job, if you have any questions, ask
Old 14 March 2019, 23:59   #12
xboxown

Quote:
@xboxown
Of course it works,
if you follow the guide to install 4.1, you will patiently do everything in an hour of work.
Everything works well, I personally look for some things that are difficult to do, some are successful and others are not.
But the spirit of using 4.1 is very similar to when I had a real amiga, if I stopped to insert only floppies to play I would not have learned anything
here the guide,
The only problem I have are the ROMs to switch the WinUAE into PPC computer. I do not have access to the ROMs, nor do I know the name of the ROMs and you have the cyberstome scsi ROM for the CD and hard drive how do I make that happen to my WinUAE?

Thanks in advance.
Old 15 March 2019, 05:48   #13
xboxown

Quote:
@xboxown
Of course it works,
here the guide,

I have done as you suggested. It still say I have no authority to that area for the restricted area which contains the AmigaOS 4.1 update patch
Old 15 March 2019, 09:11   #14
White

@xboxown
The steps are right
Contact the hyperion forum to help you solve this problem.
your account with your password you will need to access the live update of amigaos 4.1, otherwise you will not be able to make future updates using the system update.

I'm sorry I have no other suggestions for you
Old 15 March 2019, 14:33   #15
Daedalus

Yeah, that sounds like you need to contact them directly to sort it out. They've been pretty quick about sorting issues with their registration system in the past so hopefully that's still the case.
Old 15 March 2019, 18:49   #16
xboxown

I got it sorted out. But now I have another issue. I placed gaex disk in...it does it's thing and when WinUAE restarts it turns green and nothing else happens. At first it was complaining about qemul-lib or something with green message..I adjusted the RTG setting and now all I have is green screen and nothing else. When I go home I will paste screenshot of my WinUAE configuration in hopes someone can shed some light into it.
Old 15 March 2019, 20:06   #17
White

@xboxown
I'm glad you solved it.
Old 15 March 2019, 21:21   #18
xboxown

Quote:
@xboxown
I'm glad you solved it.
I placed gaex disk in...it does it's thing and when WinUAE restarts it turns green and nothing else happens. At first it was complaining about qemul-lib or something with green message..I adjusted the RTG setting and now all I have is green screen and nothing else. When I go home I will paste screenshot of my WinUAE configuration in hopes someone can shed some light into it.
Old 15 March 2019, 22:37   #19
White

@xboxown
okay, if the problem is not technical and related to winuae
it will be very simple to configure
here in the meantime you will find a guide with some basic suggestions, I hope it is useful
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am9nRCGb_XSzpSYZt0tmBgY7JBrx