English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 25 May 2015, 03:32   #1
Devlin
Bane of Magic

Twitter client?

Are there any working twitter clients for OS3.x ?

I tried TwittAmiga from Aminet and it just crashes on startup.

IBrowse pitches a fit and refuses to let me anywhere near Twitter when I try to access from web.

woo post 100

Last edited by Devlin; 25 May 2015 at 03:32. Reason: post 100
Old 25 May 2015, 03:44   #2
emufan

just install MCC_Lamp from aminet. this way I can now see the gui.
another problem occured - program wants SSLROOT: maybe part of amitcp or miami tcp/ip stack. no clue atm.

edit: it got some more dependencies:
util/libs/mui38usr.lha;
dev/mui/MCC_Lamp.lha;
dev/mui/MCC_TextEditor-15.37.lha;
dev/mui/MCC_TheBar-26.8.lha;
comm/www/OpenURL-7.14-lha
AmiSSL >= 3.6 (AmigaOS)

i did installed AmiSSL but the SSLROOT: assign was not created so it still does not work here.

edit2: if i cancel the SSLROOT requester i get another requester from ixemul.library:
free: end of block corrupt

i have installed ixemul.library 63.1 here. maybe version 48.0 is more stable (not tested).

Last edited by emufan; 25 May 2015 at 04:21.
Old 25 May 2015, 12:47   #3
Devlin
Bane of Magic

I already had the SSLROOT: assign set up.

I tried both versions of ixemul.library

63.1 gave me the "free: end of block corrupt" error (and software failure dialog)
48.0 would cause it to not run at all.
Old 25 May 2015, 19:29   #4
emufan

i've got no luck. one website (maybe readme too) talks about debug functionality. in CLI try:
stack 200000
twittamiga debug

gives alot of output but i couldnt find any things i could fix.

its also possible, twitter has changed alot, so the client wont work anymore.
Old 25 May 2015, 19:54   #5
ciVic

Just tried it here on my emulated 3.1 and it still works. I've noticed that sometimes strange libraries on a some systems can cause crashes. E.g. it is compiled without ixemul so it does not depend on it. That it crashes with ixemul errors is therefore curious. Maybe your SSL installation is broken. But I can possibly help you if you send me the debug output you've seen.

Or maybe you can describe me what you've done. Did you set username and password? Does it crash before you press any button or in a special case?
Old 06 June 2015, 22:48   #6
emufan

sorry for delay. I already forgot about it. since i dont have a twitter account, this already might be a problem for the client. i will try later again, will post here if I fail again.
Old 07 June 2015, 11:06   #7
Devlin
Bane of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciVic View Post
Just tried it here on my emulated 3.1 and it still works. I've noticed that sometimes strange libraries on a some systems can cause crashes. E.g. it is compiled without ixemul so it does not depend on it. That it crashes with ixemul errors is therefore curious. Maybe your SSL installation is broken. But I can possibly help you if you send me the debug output you've seen.

Or maybe you can describe me what you've done. Did you set username and password? Does it crash before you press any button or in a special case?
The very first thing twittAmiga does when you start it(according to SnoopDOS) is call ixemul.library - I'm convinced that isn't the problem though, since I installed it properly now and I don't get ixemul errors

I've put my username/password in the tooltypes.

It hangs during the oAuth phase of logging on.

Seems like the debug output seems to go just fine up until oAuth kicks in and then /crash/

I am now convinced it's a SSL problem.
Old 07 June 2015, 23:22   #8
ciVic

Ok thanks for the problem description, I've found something. It's an oAuth problem that only occurs in key and secret exchange. So it only happens on first startup but also on my platforms (AmigaOS3 and MorphOS). Unfortunately oAuth is a complex authentication algorithm with multiple transfers between twitter and the app. At the moment I don't know exactly where it is what I have to change. Then I have to compile and test it on every platform before I can release the bug fix. So, this will take some time, I'm sorry.
Old 17 May 2020, 20:34   #9
npagonis73

Hi there.

Anybody uses this program to tell me what I am doing wrong? I have the 2 following issues with the last version on aminet:

1) SSLROOT requester as soon as the program starts. I gave the AMISSL path but I think is wrong.
2) it seems that the app doesn’t see the internet on my amiga. At the bottom left of the GUI it says that twitter cannot connect.

Anybody some help?
Old 25 May 2020, 19:57   #10
hUMUNGUs

You are not doing anything wrong. SSL has been changed and the author cannot compile it with AmiSSL at the moment. Hopefully they are working on it.
Old 26 November 2020, 23:04   #11
npagonis73

The author managed to update TwittAmiga and it is now on aminet fully compatible with AMISSL. It works as intended without any problems. The only difficultyI faced in one of my systems with OS 3.1 and mui 3.8, I couldn’t get it working without updating mui to at least 3.9. Not big deal and maybe it was just my system. In all of my other systems with MUI higher than 3.8, it worked flawlessly from the beginning. Just for users to have that in mind in case it is not just my system.
Old 27 November 2020, 11:33   #12
ciVic

Thx for reporting this! I had to update my MUI installation to 4 to be able to use the gcc 6.5 cross compiler and did not test it with 3.8. I should reupload it to Aminet with a new readme pointing to this.

Last edited by ciVic; 27 November 2020 at 12:01.