English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 July 2012, 08:26   #21
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
AmiBench - a positive blast from the past!
Old 03 July 2012, 13:58   #22
tokyoracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
My "track record" sure. I was a licensed Amiga vendor over 10 years, a NewTek distributor and repair business, and worked for Genesi for 2 years.

I sold 1 a1200 cpu card from amibay to someone in my amiga club and i got banned for life.

Yeah buddy I have a bad track record. WTF have you ever done for "Amiga"
You realise AmiBay isn't there to make your wallet fatter for you. You may have been making a living from it before but that isn't what that site is about. People have tried to tell you and you got plenty of warnings. . .

'Butthurt' springs to mind.

Last edited by tokyoracer; 03 July 2012 at 14:09. Reason: Slight typo.

Old 03 July 2012, 14:54   #23
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Binox / Mark

Guys, I really wish you the best of luck with this project, I am a little confused as Mark said that we (AmiBay) could use the AmiBench name and at one point - had it pointed to AmiBay's URL.

The staff were discussing how best to use it, so we would of appreciated a heads up but sometimes these things just happen personally I wish the both of you the best of luck. If there is anyway I can help, please let me know.

=)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
My "track record" sure. I was a licensed Amiga vendor over 10 years, a NewTek distributor and repair business, and worked for Genesi for 2 years.

I sold 1 a1200 cpu card from amibay to someone in my amiga club and i got banned for life.

Yeah buddy I have a bad track record. WTF have you ever done for "Amiga"
"He" devotes a lot of his precious free time for the benefit of others, he helps the community where others would shun it.

As much as I want to I wont disseminate your case here for the community to read as its simply not etiquette to do so - but I am sick of your lying and constant belittling / trolling of one of the most active community focused sites on the net and then fouling up EAB with you litany of lies and half truths to make yourself feel better.

Its very interesting to know that this "someone" you sold the item to knew nothing of AmiBay yet managed to use links to the exact images in their eBay listing from the AmiBay sale thread - in fact the description was completely lifted word for word!.

That's a nice thing you did to your beloved community there =)

Its also interesting to note you are not telling the whole story either since I was the one whom handled your case on AmiBay. Simply put you were caught out being greedy, you showed absolutely no remorse and preferred to lie about it. Banning someone is the very last resort a site has - at its worst it shows a failure to communicate its site polices and guidelines effectively - thats why every BAN is a team decision, and your ban I stand whole-heatedly with.

You have delusions of grandeur and are a parasite to the community

Anyone whom is interested can see your impressive community based conduct here and view your eBay profile here (see Dec 10 /11)
Old 03 July 2012, 15:21   #24
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Wow. Blast from the past. I remember in 1997 going round to Mark Wilson's flat to pick up an A3000 PSU that I bought from him on AmiBench!

Good luck.
Old 03 July 2012, 15:35   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

@tokyoracer & Zetr0
magnetic is banned here now, so please let it go for good
Old 03 July 2012, 15:58   #26
tokyoracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
@tokyoracer & Zetr0
magnetic is banned here now, so please let it go for good
I'm glad you guys saw the light, finally.

Old 03 July 2012, 16:18   #27
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Sorry TCD,

I didn't realize that he had been banned, my sincere apologies I am truly sorry for my outburst - it shouldn't of happened.
Old 03 July 2012, 16:26   #28
keitha1200

Amibench there's a 'blast from the past' I bought many bits and bobs from there. That was in earlier days of the internet before paypal etc, it was either sending a cheque or collecting in person.
Old 03 July 2012, 19:46   #29
SpeedGeek

Kudos to Mark Wilson and the AmiBench team for reviving the site!

Although I never purchased anything via AmiBench (came close to buying a PicassoII board but the seller had no Paypal account) I have many fond memories of browsing it.

Well, it looks like magnetic just shot himself in the foot by trolling on this delightful AmiBench news thread. Will he ever learn?

Last edited by SpeedGeek; 07 July 2012 at 16:28.
Old 03 July 2012, 21:52   #30
tecno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
@Binox / Mark

Guys, I really wish you the best of luck with this project, I am a little confused as Mark said that we (AmiBay) could use the AmiBench name and at one point - had it pointed to AmiBay's URL.

The staff were discussing how best to use it, so we would of appreciated a heads up but sometimes these things just happen personally I wish the both of you the best of luck. If there is anyway I can help, please let me know.

=)
Yes indeed that was the case. I made contact with the Admins to get the url to work and sadly it didnt seem to get anywhere and even regardless of the fact I did email at least twice to get it sorted - it still never went live and just felt they were not taking the offer seriously.

Luke emailed after buying the .net domain and felt that he could do something useful with the amibench.org domain seeing as the offer was not taken up by AmiBay

(I tried the amibench.org lots of time and it never resolved as I dont think it was added to amibay's host file.)

Just to give my side of that perspective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Wow. Blast from the past. I remember in 1997 going round to Mark Wilson's flat to pick up an A3000 PSU that I bought from him on AmiBench!

Good luck.
I dont even remember that myself!

Slightly scared by that...

Last edited by prowler; 03 July 2012 at 21:59. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged; please use multi-quote.

Old 05 July 2012, 07:21   #31
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
\o/

more amiga sites, can`t be a bad thing

past success is no garentie of future performance

all the best BinoX
Old 06 July 2012, 14:59   #32
Puni/Void

Never used AmiBench before, but I'll be sure to have a look at what it has to offer.