English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 24 August 2018, 13:01   #321
Nibbler
namm namm AMIGA

Nibbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Austria
Age: 39
Posts: 734
I guess a Vampire is neat . ( i had cybergraphx & 060 too back in the day ) but still, a classic AMIGA experience is imho Paula & her sisters (dont hit me )

The vampire reminds me somewhat of a Super8 for the SNES

[ Show youtube player ]
(skip to 12:46 - timestamp wont work) (just kidding, dont get mad at me)

A FPGA Mist Setup is also a opption if you want to do some absolute crazy things beyond gaming , guess thats why a standalone Vampire is comming

Anyway, maybe i am just old fashion BUT more AMIGA peripherals are always welcome, so thanks Team Apollo !
Nibbler is offline  
Old 24 August 2018, 21:55   #322
Mr.Flibble
Registered User

Mr.Flibble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 447
Yep, it's also addictive, I'm now up to 7 functional Amigas now, including my two original machines from my childhood

Two A500's - one with a Vampire, one with a TF530, three A1200's, and two A4000's, all with different hardware - The Vampire is just one option from many, but I'm glad it's one I have.

If I want to emulate I have a great PC for that, or I can use a Raspberry Pi if I want an embeddable solution (Bar-Top arcade machine for example).

It's really annoying when people try to invalidate the hard work of others. More choice is better for everyone, and just because something isn't to your personal preference, doesn't make it wrong or stupid.

For any Critical Role fans here - "Your fun is WRONG!"
Mr.Flibble is offline  
Old 25 August 2018, 00:42   #323
SvladJelly
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Portland / USA
Posts: 53
If anyone has an old working Blizzard 1260 they'd like to donate...

I have an old DeluxePaint / Brilliance animation I started in the 90's I'd like to someday finish. Sold my 1260 ages ago, and I could kick myself ever since. :-(

I've waited years and years for the Vampire 1200 to materialize, but I think it may never happen.
SvladJelly is offline  
Old 25 August 2018, 06:26   #324
demolition
Unregistered User
demolition's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Copenhagen / DK
Age: 38
Posts: 3,769
They are still working on it so they haven't dismissed the V1200 yet. But don't expect it to be just around the corner.

You could fire up WinUAE if you want to continue your Brilliance work. I know it is not the same as a real Amiga but better than nothing.
demolition is offline  
Old 25 August 2018, 15:56   #325
Steril707
OCS rocks!

 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Amiga Island
Posts: 494
Is there any sign that the V4 is coming?
It's been almost a year since the announcement now.
Steril707 is offline  
Old 25 August 2018, 16:01   #326
Marlon_
Amiga Programmer

Marlon_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sundsvall, Sweden
Age: 30
Posts: 493
Apollo Team announces the Vampire V4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
Is there any sign that the V4 is coming?
It's been almost a year since the announcement now.


There has been some videos showing it working. They’re working out some kinks before they start selling it. I think that the biggest hurdle has been different types of memory and different FPGA.
Marlon_ is online now  
Old 25 August 2018, 16:48   #327
Signman
Registered User

Signman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Michigan
Posts: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon_ View Post
There has been some videos showing it working. They’re working out some kinks before they start selling it. I think that the biggest hurdle has been different types of memory and different FPGA.
I also think that Gold 3 has to be finished as the stand-alone is dependent on it.
Signman is offline  
Old 25 August 2018, 16:49   #328
Marlon_
Amiga Programmer

Marlon_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Sundsvall, Sweden
Age: 30
Posts: 493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signman View Post
I also think that Gold 3 has to be finished as the stand-alone is dependent on it.
They can still sell the A500 version before Gold 3.
Marlon_ is online now  
Old 25 August 2018, 18:29   #329
sean_skroht
Gimmemore Commodore

 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Australia
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Flibble View Post
It's really annoying when people try to invalidate the hard work of others. More choice is better for everyone, and just because something isn't to your personal preference, doesn't make it wrong or stupid.
I agree.
In my mind “Amiga” is no longer about the hardware specifically made by Commodore. It’s more about a concept in computing as a result of the legacy left behind by Commodore. Now, more than ever before, this concept in computing has spawned various hardware (and emulators) providing greater choice. It’s a bit like how MSDOS/Windows computing has moved on from being exclusively tied to IBM made PC’s.
sean_skroht is offline  
Old 26 August 2018, 01:56   #330
kolla
Registered User
kolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Flibble View Post
It's really annoying when people try to invalidate the hard work of others. More choice is better for everyone, and just because something isn't to your personal preference, doesn't make it wrong or stupid.
I suggest you tell the "Apollo Team" that. The major reason why I left the IRC was because of what alpha-nerd Gunnar and his minion geeks were saying about others and the work of others. Ironically, they are doing now exactly what they used to criticise others for doing - announcing without having a ready product, being slow on delivery, and being pricy for whatever reasons.

Then we have the "promises" and "buying for what is".

https://web.archive.org/web/20151127...gup/index2.htm

Notice the words "full", "FPU" and "now". And 16bit audio, for that matter.
kolla is offline  
Old 26 August 2018, 12:45   #331
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails
Lord Aga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 968
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
The major reason why I left the IRC was because of what alpha-nerd Gunnar and his minion geeks were saying about others and the work of others.
Are you sure?
Because here you say they have offended you, and that's the reason you'll keep going after them.

https://ibb.co/jiDfdU

Notice the admission of personal vendetta, and what some might call forum stalking and harassment. Which is usually forbidden on most boards.
Lord Aga is offline  
Old 26 August 2018, 17:50   #332
kolla
Registered User
kolla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trondheim, Norway
Posts: 1,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Aga View Post
Are you sure?
Because here you say they have offended you, and that's the reason you'll keep going after them.

https://ibb.co/jiDfdU
Which part of "me *and others*" do you not comprehend?

As for stalking and harassment, there are quite a few people you can ask about actions from so called "team members" in that regard.
kolla is offline  
Old 26 August 2018, 18:07   #333
Ian
Global Moderator

Ian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Derby, UK
Age: 40
Posts: 2,141
Thread closed.

Kolla, I have told you before to keep whatever your problem is to those it concerns. No one else really cares.

Next thread I have to close I am going to start dishing out time outs.

I suggest to all involved in these petty arguments to have a good think before you post on this topic again.
Ian is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Please Apollo team, a Mini PCIE slot is a MUST have for future Vampire Juz400 Amiga scene 42 20 March 2017 23:45
Interview with Gunnar from Vampire team - news! rats Amiga scene 9 31 August 2016 20:21
Join the Vampire / Aros 68k - Team OlafSch Amiga scene 53 06 March 2016 21:22
Apollo Team has new Cyclone 5 FPGA accellerator cards OlafSch Amiga scene 245 23 August 2015 20:48

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.09591 seconds with 14 queries