English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 27 November 2002, 19:41   #1
jambamiga

Question How do I recognise my Amiga Drive...

Hi,

I`ve just attached an Amiga 10gb HD to my WinXP PC,but nothing shows up on "my computer",although my PC recognises it in the device manager as an enabled device,I have installed and reinstalled ADFOpus,I have it as a slave device,it is connected to the Master HD on the 2nd port. I hope this is enough info for someone to help me out.

Thanks,

Old 28 November 2002, 12:05   #2
mrpijey

Since the Amiga harddrive doesn't have a valid Windows partition it won't show up in My Computer since it doesn't have a drive letter assigned to a Win-partition. It will show up in Drive Manager since it's a physical drive, but no drive letters.

Old 28 November 2002, 12:09   #3
Ian
Global Moderator

If you are trying to use your Amiga HD via WinUAE then you need to load WinUAE and set it up on the hard drive tab of the configurator.

Toni is good, but re-programming XP so it can see Amiga formatted hard drives might be asking a little bit too much from him
Old 28 November 2002, 21:26   #4
jambamiga

Thumbs up

The bad news is I`ve lost my original Amiga Drive after "initialising" it with XP,I have now placed WinUAE on it so as to give WinUAE it`s very own drive,although I did have my Amiga ADF-ed over to my PC but it would have been still nice to have my original Amiga Drive,never mind,and thanks for all your help.

Regards,