English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 03 October 2015, 02:23   #1
Jaimie_H

Kaffer's disk-analyse - more IPF formats?

I've read some of the posts about SPS and their self-proclaimed role - to preserve for posterity, not to necessarily help individuals make working copies of the games they legally own. Much as I support their noble efforts, it doesn't help me very much personally, and, like others, I have gotten no response to queries to them. I don't begrudge them this, I'm just looking for a method to preserve my own disks. Kaffer's disk-analyse program has been wonderful, but it is missing a few formats, most importantly Electronic Arts. I'd like to make an IPF of my "One-on-One: Dr. J. vs. Larry Bird", and can't seem to figure out how.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! I'm amazed at the success that handy little Kryoflux has allowed me to achieve in at least reading the disks, and I've already saved a ton of stuff that I thought was gone forever. Now I just need to get a few more of the the copy-protected discs working.

Best,
Jaimie

Old 03 October 2015, 07:28   #2
Keir

Sent you a message Jaimie. I turn disk dumps into supported formats. Eventually
Old 08 October 2015, 04:56   #3
rhester72

Not for nothing, but I'd be -really- interested in seeing a proper preservation copy of One-on-One, mostly for OS compatibility analysis (the cracked version is pretty naff).

Rodney
Old 08 October 2015, 15:08   #4
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
if someone has this game in original, dump it as RAW file and mail it to me. I'll see what i can do on this matter. Jaimie's disk was unfortunately modified and had many tracks rotten (due to the disk shape).