English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 November 2019, 07:52   #41
rsn8887

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
@rsn8887 - may be outside of the scope of this emulator, but any chance of adding netplay to this emulator? I'm not sure if you can borrow code from FS-UAE for this purpose or even port that emulator as a side-project?!

BTW, am I correct in assuming you also work on various other emulators on the console scene e.g. SCUMMVM port for Vita - which works fantastic BTW, although I was disappointed when you dropped MT-32 support lol.
Netplay: no plans, that sounds like a HUGE undertaking for me.

ScummVM: Yes. Vita is way too slow for MT32, it stuttered horribly in all games. I can make you a test build soon with MT32 enabled if you want to see for yourself. You could get a hack able Switch: MT32 works great on Switch and is supported there
Old 26 November 2019, 14:17   #42
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Does that require softmode? Can you still use store on switch if softmoded?
Old 26 November 2019, 18:13   #43
rsn8887

Only old Switches (before June 2018 or so) can be softmodded. There's no hardmods. If you are careful and only launch .nro homebrew programs, then you can still use the online store with a softmod Switch console. But if you make a mistake, for example if you install a .nsp program and launch it while online, your console can get banned very easily.
Old 26 November 2019, 19:51   #44
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Thanks!

Since my kid plays mostly on Switch, probably best not to install homebrew on switch. At least not yet.
Old 26 November 2019, 20:40   #45
happymondays

I have just bought a PlayStation TV (which is a Vita without a screen that can be connected directly to the TV) and this is a brilliant machine to use for emulation. It is so tiny, yet so powerful.
Old 26 November 2019, 21:35   #46
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

What they go for?

It seems the same guide I posted above works for PS TV.
Old 27 November 2019, 20:15   #47
BippyM
Global Moderator

So my vita is pch-1003 model with firmware 3.69. What's thr best cfw and hack?

What else will i need to hack also?
Old 27 November 2019, 20:30   #48
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

For 1000 models you need memory card, since that Vita has no internal memory.

Don't get large capacity one, as they are overpriced. (any size should work)

Instead get sd2vita card, and follow video I posted above. Please note that sd2vita is not to replace memory card - it plugs into game slot.

If you want to softmode so that you don't have to open hacking program every time you restart Vita - you need to downgrade firmware to 3.65 and install Enso. If you don't mind running hack every time, then you are fine where you are with 3.69. Do not upgrade to latest, still might be something you have to do since you will have to connect PS store.

Here is video I followed:

[ Show youtube player ]

Note, since I was on 3.73, I followed written instruction in video description, not video.

After that, I followed this video:

[ Show youtube player ]

This is everything you need to softmode, setup sd2vita and install add-ons.
Old 27 November 2019, 20:33   #49
BippyM
Global Moderator

Cheers mate.

I'll order sd2vita. I'm sure there is a 4gb card in it already, so shouldn't be an issue on that front.
Old 27 November 2019, 20:39   #50
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

You can softmode and use card in time your sd2vita gets here. I installed hack on 32GB SD and 128GB without any issues following those videos. Once installed and set, there is no reason to change game/sd card.

My son took Vita as soon as I was done with softmode. He plays it more than xBox now.
Old 27 November 2019, 20:41   #51
BippyM
Global Moderator

Yeah, just ordered an sd2vita 5 and 200gb microsd for £24
Old 30 November 2019, 03:09   #52
Stewcumber

I got a Vita near launch, to keep me occupied on my commute to work. The potential was immense as seen in games like Uncharted and Assassin's Creed. It's a shame it was not supported for long (and that no one bought one).

However I'm not sure I would get one today. The physical games remain expensive due to the relative scarcity of them, and digital games remain expensive because why would Sony lower the price? I'm not sure how the memory cards fare these days.

They are "quite good" at streaming / Remote Play from PS4s, and some early games have dedicated controller layouts for the Vita like Killzone... Er, whatever the PS4 launch title was called. But it is not really possible to play newer PS4 games with any really precision.

I would suggest a PSP might be a better option.
Hundreds more games, much cheaper games, no memory card shenanigans, there are options to expand its capabilities with emulation...
Old 30 November 2019, 03:54   #53
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
Netplay: no plans, that sounds like a HUGE undertaking for me.
Ah, that's a shame. I thought it was possible to borrow code lol. What about porting FS-UAE to Vita?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn8887 View Post
ScummVM: Yes. Vita is way too slow for MT32, it stuttered horribly in all games. I can make you a test build soon with MT32 enabled if you want to see for yourself. You could get a hack able Switch: MT32 works great on Switch and is supported there
Oooh, yes please. It would be great just to 'hear' Monkey Island intro music via MT-32 on my PS Vita

As for the Switch, I am still looking out for one which is hackable. I nearly bought one and realised it was a patched version
Old 30 November 2019, 10:51   #54
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewcumber View Post
I got a Vita near launch, to keep me occupied on my commute to work. The potential was immense as seen in games like Uncharted and Assassin's Creed. It's a shame it was not supported for long (and that no one bought one).

However I'm not sure I would get one today. The physical games remain expensive due to the relative scarcity of them, and digital games remain expensive because why would Sony lower the price? I'm not sure how the memory cards fare these days.

They are "quite good" at streaming / Remote Play from PS4s, and some early games have dedicated controller layouts for the Vita like Killzone... Er, whatever the PS4 launch title was called. But it is not really possible to play newer PS4 games with any really precision.

I would suggest a PSP might be a better option.
Hundreds more games, much cheaper games, no memory card shenanigans, there are options to expand its capabilities with emulation...
You do know, once hacked everything is playable on it.. Including psp, ps3 and vita games if you can find them..not to mention all the homebrew and emulation!
Old 01 December 2019, 23:09   #55
Anubis
Na'vi Gamer

Someone discovered what pkgj does.

Is it wired that I like more GBA games on Vita than on GBA system itself?
Old 01 December 2019, 23:25   #56
Misclegend

The PS vita is a dead plarform today
and the few exclusive games of this platform are really buggy

someone here recommended a PSP but a PSP is very well emulated in android and windows using PPSSPP emulator

ie a fast android phone ie any cellphone using snapdragon 845 or faster can play all PSP titles at full speed and with better LCD screen and resolution than the original PSP
Old 02 December 2019, 01:06   #57
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misclegend View Post
The PS vita is a dead plarform today

and the few exclusive games of this platform are really buggy

someone here recommended a PSP but a PSP is very well emulated in android and windows using PPSSPP emulator

ie a fast android phone ie any cellphone using snapdragon 845 or faster can play all PSP titles at full speed and with better LCD screen and resolution than the original PSP
However.. Playing Amiga on the go with proper controls cannot be beaten!

Mobile emulation is wank because of onscreen controls
Old 02 December 2019, 01:37   #58
Misclegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
However.. Playing Amiga on the go with proper controls cannot be beaten!

Mobile emulation is wank because of onscreen controls
believe me
you can use any android bluethooth pad to play PSP games on any cell phone
the experience is far better than a real PSP

just imagine it:

AMOLED high resolution display VS buggy TN lcd PSP screen
a good android bluethooh pad VS buggy controls on a real PSP
Old 02 December 2019, 01:52   #59
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misclegend View Post
believe me

you can use any android bluethooth pad to play PSP games on any cell phone

the experience is far better than a real PSP

just imagine it:

AMOLED high resolution display VS buggy TN lcd PSP screen

a good android bluethooh pad VS buggy controls on a real PSP
I don't need to imagine anything.. I have a gakaxy s9+, a gakaxy tab s4 and an Nvidia shield. I have emulated on them all.. Using a pad on my phone on the bus is not proctical!

The shield is fantastic when at home, and the tablet is great if i want a bigger screen.. However when it comes to the phone, i genuinely prefer the vita as the pad is part of it! The same would be said for a switch!
Old 02 December 2019, 02:42   #60
Misclegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
I don't need to imagine anything.. I have a gakaxy s9+, a gakaxy tab s4 and an Nvidia shield. I have emulated on them all.. Using a pad on my phone on the bus is not proctical!

The shield is fantastic when at home, and the tablet is great if i want a bigger screen.. However when it comes to the phone, i genuinely prefer the vita as the pad is part of it! The same would be said for a switch!
I have a xiaomi mi9 specially decicated to portatil gaming console
is a perfect one because it have a snapdragon 855 stereo sound, amoled screen etc and I attached to this cellphone a fantastic android pad

for cellphone daily use I have a cheaper and slower phone, a redmi 5 plus
this phone is also fantastic but if someone steals it or I lose it or break it, I don't care