English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 12 May 2018, 17:43   #1
Srksi

Amiga joystick on pc for xyz time, but this time with adapter? :)

I got amiga joystick, and badly wanted to play my games with it on uae. Since I couldnt use it directly, I got idea to "merge" it with pc joypad! Manually resoldered pins from joystick to usb gamepad circuit with tape cable, 2 hours of soldering, it was hellish contraption, but it actually worked! Sometimes laggy, sometimes no registered moves and button presses, but worked! Maybe I even put pictures online Then, since it was not much practical, I throwed it into drawer

Now, I stumbled on this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pcs...774106839.html witch gave me a new hope! Cheap, unlike lot of joystick adapters I was finding online, looks ideal, but I dont know will it works with winuae? Dont have cable to test it yet, but if its not supported , here is a idea for next update

Old 13 May 2018, 19:09   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

That is not a joystick adapter. Amiga (or any "Atari style" joystick port) port and PC 9-pin serial port is physically identical but they are totally different electrically and functionally.
Old 13 May 2018, 20:12   #3
Bastich

I really should make some of my Arduino adapters. The parts only come to around £4 (China) excluding case and making time. Software other than renaming the detected Arduino was all done ages ago
Old 24 May 2018, 03:57   #4
Srksi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
That is not a joystick adapter. Amiga (or any "Atari style" joystick port) port and PC 9-pin serial port is physically identical but they are totally different electrically and functionally.
I know, I hoped that raw power of software can overcome petty electrical and functional differences