English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 18 June 2016, 13:47   #1
Amigajay

Unofficial CD32 Release - Star Wars Trilogy CD32

Last edited by Amigajay; 13 January 2023 at 14:21.
Old 22 June 2016, 20:01   #2
NeoHippie2016
Freak

Merci! :-)
Old 23 June 2016, 09:54   #3
Amigajay

No worries, cheers pal!
Old 23 June 2016, 10:22   #4
ransom1122

Great pack, Love the artwork.
Old 23 June 2016, 11:17   #5
s2325
Zone Friend

How about some watermarks to avoid selling your work?
Old 23 June 2016, 13:35   #6
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransom1122 View Post
Great pack, Love the artwork.
Thanks! Yeah i enjoyed doing the menu, editing the AGS layout was a little tricky but thanks to Matt for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
How about some watermarks to avoid selling your work?
We did talk about this a little while ago when someone had one of earoks packs on ebay, a few complaints and he soon removed them, i haven't personally seen any for sale on ebay since i started mine in Feb, so i don't feel there's any need to add watermark/warning screen.
Old 23 June 2016, 14:09   #7
spudje

Well, he or somebody else is at it again: http://www.ebay.es/itm/Commodore-Ami...cAAOSwLnBXXTFm
Old 23 June 2016, 14:14   #8
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Well, he or somebody else is at it again: http://www.ebay.es/itm/Commodore-Ami...cAAOSwLnBXXTFm
Ok, well keep any eye out, if anyone starts selling mine then I'll whack a disclaimer screen on startup, until then i'll keep it annoying screen free.
Old 23 June 2016, 16:05   #9
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
We did talk about this a little while ago when someone had one of earoks packs on ebay, a few complaints and he soon removed them, i haven't personally seen any for sale on ebay since i started mine in Feb, so i don't feel there's any need to add watermark/warning screen.
While I appreciate the work done on these releases and the value they bring I must say I find the part about profiting from other people's work a bit weird given that the compilation is based on someone else's paid work.

I agree wholeheartedly that Earok's intent (as AmigaJay and others) is respectable and that he is not making money but that is nevertheless based on an enormous amount of work which belongs to other people, so the complaint sounds weird. The real fair way to bring these releases to the public would be to obtain official permission, something which I do not think should be that hard for someone with determination and a bit of courage.

In any case, keep up the good work (and hopefully, go legit!)!
Old 23 June 2016, 16:26   #10
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
While I appreciate the work done on these releases and the value they bring I must say I find the part about profiting from other people's work a bit weird given that the compilation is based on someone else's paid work.

I agree wholeheartedly that Earok's intent (as AmigaJay and others) is respectable and that he is not making money but that is nevertheless based on an enormous amount of work which belongs to other people, so the complaint sounds weird. The real fair way to bring these releases to the public would be to obtain official permission, something which I do not think should be that hard for someone with determination and a bit of courage.

In any case, keep up the good work (and hopefully, go legit!)!
Not sure why you find it weird that me and earok don't want people making money from them, as we are just doing them for fans of the CD32, yes it would be different and totally wrong if we ourselves were profiting, heck we credit everyone who's work we use in the compilations, i don't really get your bug with our disks, its no different to someone making a whdload loader and distributing it online with the game, i'm sure you haven't a bug to bear with everyone of those!

Btw i did make contact with a couple of IP owners regarding a blessing of use and they straight up said either no or they wanted money.

That's where no doubt differ on these replies, for one, its for a 23 year old piece of hardware, its not a remake for android, ios or too make a profit from, two there's not enough amiga users let alone CD32 owners to justify getting my money back on doing an 'official' release. Their decision of course, but i feel they are only cashing in on the retro gaming scene of late, had i asked 10 years ago i think they answer would have been different.

This might sound harsh, but sorry these guys made their money on the original releases, i personally find it annoying and greedy of them to ask for money this many years after, they certainly don't have any "community spirit" in that regard. And I'm sure Disney would have no problem giving me a free license for the Star Wars name to sell 10 copies! (sarc)

If people want me to stop making them i have no problem with that, its tiresome to argue the same points over regarding the rights and wrongs.
Old 23 June 2016, 17:06   #11
ReadOnlyCat
Code Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
If people want me to stop making them i have no problem with that, its tiresome to argue the same points over regarding the rights and wrongs.
That wasn't my point at all and I took care to nention I was not talking about right or wrong.

I will take care to elaborate more precisely tonight.