English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 27 April 2004, 08:15   #21
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

that is also the problem i'm having with this drive... it doesn't see that a floppy is write enabled and after reading some of the disk a "no disk inserted" error pops up I still need to clean it up though... but i need a really small screwdriver for that which i don't have atm...
Old 27 April 2004, 09:43   #22
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Jope: That is the exact same problem my drive has. At some point it may just think the disk isn't in there any more and the write protect sensor doesn't always seem to work. It must be a common problem with these drives. Are the drives that Verselia sell these or are they newer better ones?
Old 27 April 2004, 23:02   #23
Syko
Now got GSX750F :))

both these problems have esentialy the same cause, dust and grease...

Take the covers off the drive, and carefully clean with a cotton bud soaked in IsoPropyl Alchohol, (IPA for short - do not use India Pale Ale ) the two small plastic sticks that are activated by the HD hole, and the R/W slider. If these don't run smothly they'll stck in position, and give incorect readings. You may also want to clean the rest of the drive, but stay away from the R/W heads, as you'll almost certainly move them out of alignment or damage them.

The no disk inserted message, if you're also getting read errors, might be dirty heads, so run a cleaner through the drive. Probably a good idea anyway, espesialy if the drive has been around smoking... I know, coz I do and I'm using the chinon drive with no problems...
Old 28 April 2004, 06:17   #24
Jope
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enverex
Jope: That is the exact same problem my drive has. At some point it may just think the disk isn't in there any more and the write protect sensor doesn't always seem to work. It must be a common problem with these drives. Are the drives that Verselia sell these or are they newer better ones?
The newer, normal height drives are much better.. I have one of those in my better A4000.

The price, however is NOT right.
Old 28 April 2004, 14:34   #25
RedskullDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrom
Hi,

Yesterday I bought a A4000 system but it didn't came with any manuals... since I have no previous experience with the A4k I'd like to get hold of some scans of the manual (so I know what zorro slot is used for the gfx etc).

Hope someone has these or something...

Jrom.
Most of the info you seek can be found at:
http://www.amiga-hardware.com/a4000.html

including scans of the A4000 schematics.

Cheers,
Red

Old 28 April 2004, 14:41   #26
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

He is already aware of that site, as is everyone else on this site, he just needs the proper detailed manuals.