English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 03 February 2019, 14:15   #21
LaBodilsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Is this like a spellbound game? A flipping loved that game!
Edit:
i don't think its like spellbound. it's more like a traditional adventure game, but mostly joystick driven.
It seems to be very much like spellbound for C64 (not Amiga Spellbound).

If you disregard the graphics, it's actually a pretty well thought out game, with a little humor and nice riddles.

It could do with a remake with better graphics and sound, but keep the gameplay. maybe even with a different control method.

Last edited by LaBodilsen; 03 February 2019 at 15:52.
Old 03 February 2019, 15:47   #22
DamienD
Global Moderator

All posts moved from the thread under the Coding section to here
Old 05 February 2019, 00:09   #23
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Entered the church, but the game went crazy at this moment, quickly flipping inside and outside the church without a possibility to stop. Some nasty bug
Old 05 February 2019, 00:10   #24
Louk

Ah strange, with La Bodilsen's help I completed it earlier. Try an earlier save state and try again.
Old 05 February 2019, 00:11   #25
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

I will try to restart the game, I was not so far from the beginning. The church was my first map location.
Old 05 February 2019, 02:48   #26
Louk

I played it through and wrote a walkthrough. Hope this helps Someone should add this to HOL.

IMBRIUM - DAY OF RECKONING WALKTHROUGH.

You start at The Fisherman's Hut, Go Right (The Well), Pick up TNT, Go left and enter the Fisherman's Hut (Press Down). Take fishing rod. Talk to Fisherman. Take Pen & Bucket from Fisherman. Go to well, Use Bucket On Well. Use Well Handle, Pick Up Golden Pendant. Go left until Hatchit's Great Wall. Give TNT to Ghost (make sure you are standing next to him). Use Golden Pendant. The Ghost explodes the TNT/wall. Go left to the wall remains and twice left to 'By The Sea'. Pick up Paper. Go back to Fisherman's Hut. Give Fisherman Pen & Paper. Talk to Fisherman and ask for directions. He draws you a map. Go right all the way to 'Dense Woodland', then Use Map.

Go to 'The Forest', go right, past the wizard to the tree next to him and press down to enter it. Pick up the book of spells. Give book of spells to Wizard. Pick up 'Letter E' and/ Book Of Spells. Go right twice to the abandoned hut. Pick up the door, enter hut. Pick up the 'Letter H' and 'Blanket'. Go back to the map and go to 'The Church', go left twice and examine the left gravestone where it says 'you find a slot'. Go right and into the church. Talk to the guardian. Leave church, go to map, Go to Lakeside and talk to Tour Guide.

Go to the great steps and try to jump the gap to the rock, you will miss and fall. You won't die but when you awake in the Fisherman's Hut pick up message and read it. Go to the well and use the well handle. You will find a coin, take it. Go to the Church and then to the gravestone and use the coin on slot on grave. When in the Entrance to the crypt go down the steps then far left (in the hidden part of the wall) and pick up 'A Brick!', go right to 'An Ancient Passage Way' until you can not pass. Place brick on left part of impass and it'll break the trap and you'll be able to pass. Walk past the 'Tomb Of Altair' and jump up into the wall where you find a hidden passage. Go right to the 'Lost Treasure' and pick up everything and go right again. In the 2-8-5-6-1-3 room, pick up the C F B & A letters, then drop the letters in the six gaps in this order. 'B H E F A C', use the button and the letters will disappear and the curse will be lifted.

Go back to the Church, give Altair's Tresure to the Guardian. He gives you the Holy Water and Wooden Rod. Go back to the Tomb Of Altair and use Book Of Spells, Arise. Altair will give you a Glowing Ball. Go to The Great Steps. Use Book Of Spells, Rock Stay at 'The Crossing Place'. You can now pass and are assaulted and wake in the Dungeon.

Pick up the Chains, Pick up Bone and at the far right of the dungeon Pick up Stone. Throw Stone at Window. The cell door will open. When at the Old Passage Way, enter the left door. Pick up Wrench, use it on The Marble Box, Pick up Marble. Go to far right of The store room and jump and go right, you'll find a hidden path in the wall that leads to 'The Bat Cave'. Examine Casket and pick up 'Crate Of Bats'. Examine Book, Examine it again to find loose piece of paper. Examine Paper. Go back to the Old Passage Way, up the steps and throw Crate Of Bats at Dragon. Jump down to the platform that emerges from the sea and go through the door at Catacombs. Go through the right door until you get to 'The Marble Room'. Throw 'Marble' at Hole. Pick up the Lamp, Cushion and Holy Water. Go left and through the door, Pick up keys and then fall down on the 'One way down' screen.

Enter the right door in the Old Passage Way. Use keys to open the door. Examine prisoner, pick up Black Flag (Jolly Roger!). Talk to Wizard, Drop cushion under wizard (make sure it's directly under his hat), talk to him again, he'll come down and start bouncing. Just before he hits the floor pick up the Cushion. If you don't pick it up in time talk to him again. Fall down the hole so you are Deep in the Cove. Go left twice until you are at the Entrance to the Cove. Face the west and Use lamp in the following (copying the morse code on the Paper you found in the Bat Cave): 1 Second, 2 Seconds, 1 Second, 1 Second, 2 Seconds, 2 Seconds. Turn Lamp Off.

Use lamp again and tell them you have the flag. They'll come ashore and take you to the docks. Talk to the Captain, then talk to his number one officer a few times to get information. Go right to get to the map and go to the deserted village. Go inside the Tollgate and pick up the Bow and the Bucket. Go inside the smaller gate and enter the building in the abandoned village. Take the book from the Wise One. Try to take the cookery book, he won't let you have it but says a riddle to remember. Make note of the capital letters (I A N E L L V A F).

Leave his hut and go right, pick up the newspaper, read it, and try to open the hut. As it's jammed go on the roof and press down to enter it. Throw the bucket on the fireplace to put the fire out. Examine the fireplace and find the arrows. Pick them up. Go to far left of hut and pick up the Plant. Talk to plant. Use Cooking Pot with Book (first one). Pick up Cooked Book. Go back to the map (right of Tollgate), then back to the docks. Give plant to Captain, pick up Hook. Go left onto the boat. Ask 'Can I Help'. He'll square it with the captain and ask him again to take you to the light. He'll agree.

Enter the Lighthouse and pick up the Rope and Crystal. Go to Thrawns Castle. Use bow on flashing light of Drawbridge until you hit it and it falls. Go right and press down on the Gatehouse. Go left and press down on the left door to take you to the upper floor, go through the right door that takes you to the Western Entrance. Enter the door and enter the Stairway to the Cellar. Go left and pick up the Fishing Rod. Go back to the gatehouse and then to the drawbridge and just under the flashing light Use Holy Water with Bone. Use fishing rod three times to pick up another bone. Use Holy Water with new bone as well. Go back into the Gatehouse and to the Courtyard - East, go to the upper level then back to the Eastern Entrance. Go right and through the middle door in the Hallway.

Throw Rope with the Hook and then Climb (new menu option). Go through the first door to the Grand Altar. Pick up the 'Wood Worm'. Leave and go back to the Gatehouse. Drop Wood Worm on left wood. Enter Courtyard West, then Enter Gatehouse and the wood will be gone. Go under the Gatehouse, through the Tunnel, and up the Passageway. Jump up so you are on the same level as the door in the Entrance to Hades but on the right hand side of it. Pick up the Bone. Use Holy Water on it. Go to the flashing light (on the Entrance to Hades room). In the menu should be an option to Enter Hades, do that.

Save the game (as this bit is frustrating). On the first 'Choose Wisely...' screen, jump on the letters the Wise One told you earlier (I A N E), then on the second Choose Wisely screen (L L V A F). Fall down the flashing light on 'Imbrium's Last Stand'. The game will ask you to insert the disk, so insert it again.

Well done, you have completed the game!
Old 05 February 2019, 08:42   #27
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Can I use your text for LemonAmiga? You will be credited of course.
Old 05 February 2019, 09:26   #28
LaBodilsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louk View Post
I played it through and wrote a walkthrough. Hope this helps Someone should add this to HOL.
Nice walkthrough, you really got it condensed down to the most basic steps.

And thank you for bringing this game up (and your help), so I got to play along side of you. It is actually a really nice game, despite the graphical appearance.

Someone should do a remake

Last edited by LaBodilsen; 05 February 2019 at 09:43.
Old 05 February 2019, 11:18   #29
Louk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Can I use your text for LemonAmiga? You will be credited of course.
Yeah course!

La Bodilsen - No worries, glad to help.
Old 05 February 2019, 22:10   #30
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

"Imbrium II - Dawn of a new terror" is mentioned in the doc. Did it ever happen?
Old 05 February 2019, 22:17   #31
Louk

I can't find a trace of it anywhere online so i'm guessing not.

Louk