English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.SPS (was CAPS)

Old 13 June 2003, 13:16   #101
IFW

It will eventually get noticed once the directory date changes.
Old 30 May 2004, 13:10   #102
Feltzkrone

Is this the right cable to be used for dumping on standard A1200 with no RAM expansion and no HDD?
http://www.pavouk.comp.cz/hw/parcable.png

THEN I would like to start dumping disks, but I read that my system would need to be checked first. How is this done exactly?
Old 30 May 2004, 16:17   #103
derSammler

@Feltzkrone: Yes, that is the correct cable. To check your system you'll need the dumping disk. It will generate a text file which you have to send back to caps.
Old 30 May 2004, 23:39   #104
fiath

If you mail contributions@caps-project.org, we can take you through the "standard" process
Old 05 June 2004, 20:51   #105
Craigt

Is there any chance that the new dumping program will sort out the problems I was having when I tried to dump my disks?

You probably don't remember, but about a year ago I tried to dump my amiga collection but there seemed to be a problem with all the dumps. I re-dumped Mega-lo-mania a few times but the problems kept on occuring. We never worked out what the problem was so I gave up

I've still got all my games sitting at home here (about 50 of them, 30 of which are not yet in the CAPS list). Do you think its worth me giving the new dumping tool a go?
Old 06 June 2004, 10:05   #106
fiath

Unfortunately Criag, your system is a complete enigma to us. We have never seen results anything like it before or since.

I suppose we could try again with different configurations, but the dumping tool hasn't changed since we later had a go...
Old 07 June 2004, 00:46   #107
Craigt

Woohoo! I'm unique

I've been wondering if the problems are due to the transfer method I have been using between the Amiga and PC. I have been dumping to hard drive, zipping the file on the amiga, transfering over a serial link using NComm<->Hyperterminal and then re-zipping on the PC (to get a better compression ratio). I shouldn't think it would make a difference, but you never know.

I am going to try to get PC2Amiga up and running and transfer a dump to my PC. I can then use windiff to compare the PC2Amiga version with a version I have transfered using the old method.

I will try taking out my blizzard 030, and try swapping the simm with another and compare again to see if it has made a difference.

I'm not going to be able to try it out until next weekend, since my amiga is currently living at my parents place.
Old 07 June 2004, 09:22   #108
fiath

If there was a transfer error, we would see that straight away. See here: http://www.caps-project.org/articles.php?id=integrity

As we said before, your dumps are "impossible" So we have no idea what is going on here. I think trying without the Blizzard is a good idea, and maybe try with a different (perhaps external?) drive?

Anyway, whenever you have some spare time...

Thanks!
Old 07 June 2004, 22:01   #109
Craigt

I'm currently using my external drive. My internal drive was not up to the task when it was checked. External drives only seem to be a few quid on ebay so I will try and pick one up.

It turns out that I have got one of the games on the Wanted list sitting here... 'Trivial Pursuit: A New Beginning (English)'. So it should be worth seeing if I can get it working.
Old 07 June 2004, 22:30   #110
fiath

Cool Okay.

I just checked your results again. It may be worth trying your internal drive, but I don't think it will work. But we may get lucky.