English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 14 August 2010, 00:11   #21
techn1um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
@techn1um - I wouldn't try and remove that battery yourself... it may be best to let someone take a look at it.. so long as there is no "green" around it there is no immediate danger - it's just something that will need dong soon...

Thanks Peter

ok well I need to get it working first then start worrying about the rest of it.

Steves sorting me out some more ram so once thats in I will post more details.

As Ive said I got more Miggy stuff boxes and boxes of floppies so if anyones interested I can post some of the other info, might be usefull to someone.
Old 14 August 2010, 00:21   #22
Peter
Still an Amiga user

What are you going to do with all this stuff once it's up and running ?
Are you getting back into the Amiga or are you going to sell it all?

You certainly have a great set up there - it's a really good time to get back into the Amiga as there is just SO MUCH stuff on-line now and great advice and help available.

What did you do on your Amiga's when you first had them?

Any other info would be very very useful - lists, pictures -anything - you never know whats hidden on those floppy disks and in those boxes!
Old 14 August 2010, 00:32   #23
prowler
Global Moderator

I wish I could find a towerized and expanded A1200 like that in my attic, even with a few problems.

So far this year, the only things I've found in my attic that I wasn't expecting were five wasps' nests.

Quote:
...you never know whats hidden on those floppy disks and in those boxes!
Hi Peter,
You're not thinking 'Scavenge' by any chance, are you?
Old 14 August 2010, 00:32   #24
techn1um

Quote:
What are you going to do with all this stuff once it's up and running ?
Are you getting back into the Amiga or are you going to sell it all?

You certainly have a great set up there - it's a really good time to get back into the Amiga as there is just SO MUCH stuff on-line now and great advice and help available.

What did you do on your Amiga's when you first had them?

Any other info would be very very useful - lists, pictures -anything - you never know whats hidden on those floppy disks and in those boxes!
Not sure what im going to do with it all to be honest. The main reason of getting it out of the loft was because the wife wants all my junk cleared and sold but as I got it out all the memories came flooding back of the good old days of playing sensible soccer and Deluxe Galaga not to mention Scorched Tanks so have not decided yet.

As for the stuff online do you mean adf files and such? id like to know more so am glad I found this place

When I had the miggy it was only ever used as a games machine and doing the odd letter on Wordsworth but many an hour was spent infront of it. I remember every sunday going down to the local hall where everyone with Amigas met up and just spent the whole morning copying everyones games, Piracy was a big thing back then with the Amiga. But no one ever bothered about it, one Sunday we even had the police in the same hall marking peoples bikes with invisible ink for free while we were all doing our Amiga stuff and they didnt do anything. Really wish the Amiga scene came back, I remember hearing that Commodore had been brought out by whoever it was (cant remember) hoping that they would really advertise it but nothing ever seemed to happen

Will look at some of the stuff over the weekend if I can and post more details.
Old 14 August 2010, 00:34   #25
techn1um

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
I wish I could find a towerized and expanded A1200 like that in my attic, even with a few problems.

So far this year, the only things I've found in my attic that I wasn't expecting are five wasps' nests.

Hi Peter,
You're not thinking 'Scavenge' by any chance, are you?

LOL it wasnt really "found" as such as I knew it was there.

So whats Scavenge??
Old 14 August 2010, 00:36   #26
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn1um View Post
So whats Scavenge??
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...light=Scavenge
Old 14 August 2010, 00:37   #27
techn1um

Actually just did a quick search on it and found your youtube vid. it looks very similar to a game I use to play but was called something else, you used to be able to collect bouncing bullets etc and try and kill your mate.
Old 14 August 2010, 01:06   #28
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Scavenge - it's a game that's driving me mad trying to find! (Long Story - but if a full version of it is in one of your boxes of disks you will have got yourself £50!)

When you have got yourself up and running there is a lot to discover on-line, not just ADF games but a whole archive of Amiga software, Demo's, Music etc - it's still a great scene to be into... some of us are just a little bit...ahem... older...

If you do sell - talk to me about the Apollo first!!
Old 14 August 2010, 01:26   #29
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
I do love these stories about the old days, glad you found your way back to the Amiga, hope you stay around a while as theres lots you can do with a fully pimped out miggy like yours

I've wrapped up your Simm nice and safe, ready to post

Steve.
Old 14 August 2010, 06:04   #30
kriz

You should check out some new demos also to run on your 060.. Check http://amiga.bbs.fi and download some to test
Old 14 August 2010, 08:03   #31
Slayer
Amiga Member

Quote:
If you do sell - talk to me about the Apollo first!!
Now now lets not be too hasty. I can hear my Apollo 4060 calling out from the box of accelerators, wanting to see his smaller brother... who are we to deny this reunion of errrr Mhzs?
Old 14 August 2010, 09:54   #32
techn1um

LOL if I do sell the stuff I will of course mention it here first, too be honest I thought they were all cheap as chips coz its old stuff but having a quick search on ebay and it seems Amiga Towers still go for quite abit.

Once I get the memory from Steve I can power it back up and then ask you lot for help with the original questions but pointless doing it now why It wont run anything due to memory problem.

I have already gone through one box of floppies in search of your "scavenge" but nothing mate but still got loads more to go through which I might get to today.

Regarding the adf and demos stuff how can I put them to floppy, is there something I can use on my pc to copy them but then again can a pc even copy to an Amiga floppy?

Im ahem slighly older too, well 37 but to me thats old

Im glad I asked on here about the tower because I knew it had extras done to id but didnt realise it was pimped out and just thought it was a standard A1200 put in tower case with a scan doubler and keyboard / ps2 thing to enable it to use pc stuff such as monitor.

Thanks for posting the simm Steve.

Im off into town now, speak to you all later.
Old 14 August 2010, 18:37   #33
techn1um

ok just powered it all back on again to test the simm after taking it out and reseating it but still no memory so good job Steve was good enough to send me some. When that arrives I will try again and hopefully we will be back where I started

Been in the loft to get the 2 huge boxes of floppies out looking for this holy grail for Peter but nothing yet although still have about 1500 more floppies to go through so fingers crossed.

Are games that hard to find is it worth me compiling a list of the floppies I have or not?

cheers
Old 14 August 2010, 18:57   #34
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Hi!

Its no problem at all - glad I could help out.

I didn't manage to post today though so it will defo be on Monday.

If you could create a list of your games that would be amazing in case there is anything missing from the archives.

With ragards to you ADF's and Demo's you can play most of them off the hard drive check out:

http://kg.whdownload.com/kgwhd/

To get the data accross there are a few options, burn to CD, use a CF adapter in the PCMCIA slot (you'll need a right-angle adapter for the tower) Or take out your HDD and connect it to your PC and transfer under WinUAE emualtion.

Steve.
Old 14 August 2010, 19:11   #35
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Of particular interest would be any shareware games, software or utilities that you may have registered - also any PD disks or CD Roms.

Thanks for looking for Scavenge - it is a long shot because you would have had to have registered the game with the author for you to have the Full game - saying that don't let me stop your search!

A list would be great!
Old 14 August 2010, 19:31   #36
techn1um

Thanks for the info Steve, will start looking more into it once ive got the tower working how it should. No worries about posting, just post when you get a chance, its been in the loft for ages so waiting abit longer isnt going to be a problem

Peter ive been through the whole lot and theres no sign of your one sorry. I must say most of these games arent from my collection I sold all my stuff when I moved houses ages ago. All this stuff I got a few years ago from either ebay or carboot sales so I have no idea whats there. Thats why I dont know much about the Tower as it was purchased and then put away so im glad I found this site!

I will work on a list abit later then as thats going to take some serious time to type up.

Ive also got a load of Amiga User International cover discs (by far the best amiga magazine) and a huge amount of CU Amiga and Amiga Format CD cover discs. Best thing I ever brought was a external cd drive for my Miggy 1200 back in the day. So if anyone needs any of that stuff listed?

So going back to this scavenge game, how come you are searching so much for it?
Old 14 August 2010, 19:54   #37
Peter
Still an Amiga user

It was just really fun to play - classic Amiga two player fun... check the "scavenge Amiga" Facebook page for some screen shots!
Old 14 August 2010, 19:58   #38
techn1um

Quote:
It was just really fun to play - classic Amiga two player fun... check the "scavenge Amiga" Facebook page for some screen shots!
Ive added the facebook page to wifes facebook mate just waiting for it to be confirmed shes a friend. Also I sell football matches all over the world so will ask my contacts incase anyone knows anything for you.
Old 14 August 2010, 20:22   #39
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Nice one - Accepted!

Spread the word!!!

The author of Scavenge is James A Wright.
There is a £50 reward for the FULL GAME - the demo I have...
Old 14 August 2010, 20:28   #40
techn1um

Quote:
Nice one - Accepted!

Spread the word!!!

The author of Scavenge is James A Wright.
There is a £50 reward for the FULL GAME - the demo I have...
What was the address you had for James just incase I get anyone asking.

I know you probably thought of this but have you tried searching the electoral registers etc?