English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 08 January 2005, 04:11   #1
Unregistered

Sound sampling software issues

Hi guys,
Wondered if anyone could solve my Sound Sampler problems.
When my A1200 was equipped with an Apollo 1240/40Mhz, I used to use an old 'Stereomaster' parallel port sampler with the assocaited software and all was well, but since I upgraded to a Blizzard 1260/50Mhz, things have gone ugly.
The Stereomaster no longer works since the Blizzard 1260 was installed, so I used it as an excuse to upgrade to a better sampler/software combination and brought a 'Technosound Turbo 2' package second hand, but I have had little success.
Although the software runs fine from floppy, it will not run at all once it's installed to hard disk, if you run it from HD the machine stops dead, flashing power light, then re-boots.

Does anyone know how to get 'Technosound Turbo 2' installed to hard disk so it works Ok with a 68060?

Alternatively, does anyone know how to make Stereomaster software/hardware work with a Blizzard 1260 ?

Any help gratefully received.

FYI, machine specs are:

A1200 in Power Tower
Blizzard1260/50 accelerator, 32Mb RAM
Ateo Bus Board
Pixel 64 Graphics card (works like Picasso)
Scan doubler/Flicker fixer for AGA output (switched between Gfx Card and AGA via a Eyetech MON switch)
21 inch Taxan monitor
Second Floppy drive (DF1)
100Mb Zip drive
52x CD-Rom drive

Thank in advance guys,

Regards,

Greg

Old 08 January 2005, 11:38   #2
thomas

I don't know why the Technosound crashes from HDD for you. It works fine for me. However, it does not run at all on a graphics card.

For both problems you might try to open a Shell window and enter CPU NOCACHE. This will turn your 68060 into a 68030 speedwise but most programs will start to work again.

For the Technosound crash you could check the MaxTransfer settings of the HDD partitions. Perhaps it is too high which corrupts data. Also check if all libraries have been copied from the floppy disk.

When you start it from floppy disk, do you boot from the
floppy or do you just insert the disk and start the program from the Workbench ?
Old 14 March 2005, 03:10   #3
hpa

technosound turbo

reboot machine hold left and right mouse button disable CPU caches, In workbench disable GFX card and execute techosoundturbo and try