English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 09 July 2010, 22:57   #1
UKShark

Custom keyboard layout

Im totally stuck, i cant work out how to define keys to both joysticks.

I can see theres a INPUT section and a GAMEPORT section but cant work out how they work with each other.

If i go into gamports and click remap it works , if i then save the config the mapped keys dont stick the next time I load up...

On "inputs" i get the difference between "input source" and "input target" but i cant work out what the difference between configs 1-3 and how to make them override.

10 hours trying I give up, anyone got a website or any tips please.

ive search google ALOT.

Steve

V2.2.0
Old 09 July 2010, 23:03   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Well, one way it works is that you deselect your joypad/stick/keyboard layout in the gameports, map all button manually in the input panel and then save the config (quite sure that's not how Toni intended it to be used ).

On the input panel 'Input source' means your host machine (joypad, keyboard etc), while the 'Input target' is the Amiga key/button or WinUAE function. Select 'Configuration #1' (the others are there so you can have more than one 'profile') and map your input on the PC to the Amiga events.

Hope that helps for staters and feel free to ask questions
Old 10 July 2010, 08:41   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKShark View Post
I can see theres a INPUT section and a GAMEPORT section but cant work out how they work with each other.
Previously INPUT overrode GAMEPORT. WinUAE 2.2 and later: GAMEPORT overrides INPUT (if both have same mapping)

Quote:
If i go into gamports and click remap it works , if i then save the config the mapped keys dont stick the next time I load up...
They shouldn't disappear. Attach or email the saved configuration after using remap-function.