English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 01 February 2015, 11:15   #1
brolly

Golem Lightgun games

Just noticed gameplay screenshots were recently added to the Championship Shooting page at EAB. Is there any chance these games have been found and dumped meanwhile and I'm not aware of it? Those screenshots must have came from somewhere

Been searching for this one and Worldwide Hunting since ages.
Old 06 February 2016, 21:52   #2
nujack
Zone Friend

I bought recently a golem Light gun with 2 games.
One game is worldwide hunting the other one is called MasterOfTheTown, which isn't listed in HOL.
WorldwideHunting actually doesn't start on my A1200 and the other one is freezing when you select the count of players. I'm not sure if the disks are okay but would be cool if someone could make an install for WHDLoad with Lightgun-support.
Old 06 February 2016, 21:59   #3
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
One game is worldwide hunting .
Is it possible to create ADF and is there an option to play it via mouse?
Old 06 February 2016, 22:09   #4
nujack
Zone Friend

I can't start it actually => Reboot on A1200.
I'll try to create a WWARP file, which a WHDLoad-patcher can check/verify.
Old 06 February 2016, 22:17   #5
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujack View Post
I'll try to create a WWARP file, which a WHDLoad-patcher can check/verify.
So WHDLoad has priority for you, too bad.
Old 06 February 2016, 22:39   #6
nujack
Zone Friend

No but it doesn't work with ADF-Blitzer for instance and I think it's related to the disk format. It's not shown as a dos-disk.
BTW I have made an upload of the wwarp-image to the zone.
Old 06 February 2016, 22:51   #7
s2325
Zone Friend

Maybe Master of The Town freeze after detecting joystick or mouse even if light gun is in other port.
Old 07 February 2016, 12:28   #8
brolly

These are great news, really hope the games can be finally preserved! Can you make an adf of MasterOfTheTown since you seem to be able to load that one?

I'm very interested on that game now, because never heard of it before.

I assume you don't have a Kryoflux to dump WWH if everything else fails? A WHDLoad working version would be great, but of course if a proper disk dump can be made that would be even better

The revival of this thread made me search for these games again and I came across this site:
http://amiga.haller.ch/index.php/ami...e-hunting-1991

The guy has an adf file available for download (for Championship Shooting?), everything is in german and google translation was pretty poor, but from the little that actually made some sense seems like the adf was modified to support mouse control? Can't test it atm, but would be nice if someone that can read german could give a rough translation of what's that about.
Old 07 February 2016, 14:34   #9
nujack
Zone Friend

Thank you for the link.
Christian Haller was the developer of Sports and WorldwideHunting. He has created a version of Sports, which is playable with the mouse and he has provided an ADF-image and Video of this version on his page. It seems that the original version is only playable with the Golem-Lightgun.
Furthermore he gaves some technical information of developement. So he explained that he has created a special disk-format, where he was able to store more data than on the normal disk-format of AmigaOS. That format was also used as copy-protection:

Snip ->
Um die Daten des Games auf eine Diskette zu bringen, kam ein spezielles Diskettenformat zum Einsatz mit welchem pro Spur mehr Daten als mit dem Diskformat des AmigaOS geschrieben werden konnte. Dies diente gleichzeitig als Kopierschutz. Weil mit dem Diskcontroller des Amiga auf Bit-Ebene von der Diskette gelesen werden konnte, war es möglich jedes beliebige Format zu schreiben und zu lesen.
<- Snap

So that's the explaination why I can't access the data and create an ADF-image ...
I hope that a more skilled person(StingRay?) can have a look to the wwarp-image in the zone and decode the data and create an WHDLoad-image.

Attached are some images of the package and the disk.
BTW I own a KryoFlux but haven't used it very often.
The other disk with the game MasterOfTheTown is a dos-disk but has some Read-Errors when I try to access data under AmigaOS. I will see what I can do to secure the data. My time is very limited.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7387.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	211.5 KB
ID:	47345   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7379.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	47346   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7380.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	47347   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7381.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	47348  
Old 08 February 2016, 01:25   #10
brolly

Thanks for the info.

Let's hope you can manage to dump the games. If you own a Kryoflux then I'd start there to be honest, there are several members here that can help you out with it if you have any problems.

Another option if you don't have time would be for you to send the disks to someone that would dump them for you. Not sure if you are willing to do that of course, but there are also several reputable members in Germany that could do this.
Old 08 February 2016, 17:25   #11
Amiga1992

Yeah the Kryoflux would be your best bet.
Old 17 February 2016, 02:12   #12
brolly

Any news on this?
Old 22 September 2016, 13:24   #13
jarre

master of the town

master of the town and Championship Shooting both fixed for mouse play is now in the zone
Old 23 September 2016, 10:25   #14
brolly

Excellent, thanks a lot it's great to finally have these games preserved! Were those dumped by you jarre? I guess you don't own Worldwide Hunting?

Do you have any info about Master of the Town? I'm still intrigued by that game since I always thought Golem came with Champ. Shooting and Worldwide Hunting. Master of the Town isn't even listed at HOL.
Old 23 September 2016, 13:16   #15
jarre

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
Excellent, thanks a lot it's great to finally have these games preserved! Were those dumped by you jarre? I guess you don't own Worldwide Hunting?

Do you have any info about Master of the Town? I'm still intrigued by that game since I always thought Golem came with Champ. Shooting and Worldwide Hunting. Master of the Town isn't even listed at HOL.
No worldwide hunting can't be dumped cause of the extra long data tracks on the floppydisk
Old 23 September 2016, 17:49   #16
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brolly View Post
I'm not 100% sure it's even a Golem game, there are references to Golem in the graphics and it is a German game but is it really a Golem ware game?

One thing I'm 99% sure on though is it was made by Sphinx http://hol.abime.net/hol_search.php?N_ref_developer=567
Old 24 September 2016, 11:16   #17
brolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarre View Post
No worldwide hunting can't be dumped cause of the extra long data tracks on the floppydisk
Wouldn't it be dumpable with a kryoflux?

I have no idea as well Belgarath, never even heard about the game before being mentioned on this thread. Considering it only seems to work with a Golem it does seem to be "Golem ware", then again the disk picture posted by nujack is just a blank disk with no logo or lettering on it so perhaps the game was not supposed to see a public release and was later on replaced with Champ. Shooting. I'm just guessing.
Old 24 September 2016, 12:48   #18
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

It does seem like an unfinished game, dying (or in the case the police catching you) doesn't seem to do much apart from send you back to level 1, but the game never ends no matter how many times this happens and your score never resets to zero.
Old 26 September 2016, 07:42   #19
jarre

Gateway Y

http://eab.abime.net/attachment.php?...1&d=1474889077
also a game called Gateway Y, someone out there with more info or screenshots from actual play?

Last edited by jarre; 18 November 2020 at 13:12.
Old 26 September 2016, 12:06   #20
jarre

If KryoFlux IPF write support, can write it like an image file to a Hard-disk, there is a possiblity to make images of protected disks, then i don't know how to convert them to something like .ADF to make them read in winUAE. Secondly i don't know if that is working, maybe there has to be an update for winUAE to read those KryoFlux IPF