English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 20 October 2004, 19:21   #1
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Question Found -> Feary Tale Adv (Was: Looking for an (probably) adventure/RPG game name...)

Hi,
I found this thread in some polish Amiga Board. The game, guy talks about, looks interesting, so i've been thinking... why not translate it and post it on my favorite EAB?
So this is my translation (very lame i must say... ):

================================================================

I though the game i'm looking for is named "Bilox", but i've searched for that title in the net and haven't found anything like it, so maybe it would be a different name after all (...or maybe all you have to do is to swap some letters?).

1. An adventure game, with some rpg "stuff"

2. Isometric view [something like Ultima???]

3. You walk with just one hero-guy. As the first one, you start with a hero named Julian. If he dies, his brother goes next. If he dies, then you go with the third, last brother. One of those younger brothers was named Kevin.

4. The exit from your home village was due east, and near the exit - at south there always was a treasure box.

5. With the "B" button, you could summon a golden bird, which our here could ride and move faster.

6. Near one bridge, and some temple, there was a poor guy. When you clicked on him (you play with the mouse and keyboard) an message showed: "Give the poor guy a penny!" [in the original "Daj grosika biedakowi!" - The guy who wrote this doesn't know if the game was originally polish or just translated to polish]

7. When we walked around the world, from time to time some bands of enemies showed (if i remember correct, there was always three per group). There were ghosts and skeletons, etc. Ghost never ever had anything.

8. You could arrive at the king's castle, where you could not use your weapon (every time you tried, a message showed: "Julian is not so stupid, to be using weapon here" [originally: "Julian nie jest taki głupi, aby użyc tutaj broni"]) - or something simillar.

9. You could meet with a princess - i never knew how can i help her.

10. In some underground cathacombs (tombs?), if you wanted to go past them, you had to have a lot of golden keys - there were many doors which needed them. In the tomb you could find a "bone" [originally "kosc"] (i never knew if you could use it for something). In the tombs there was also this guy, who had a weapon which fired some strange energy. If you killed him you could take the weapon.

11. I also remember a place with a witch, that could kill with her sight - her eyes emitted a wave of energy, which you'd better avoid.

12. There were also many places, where you could go only once and never return after leaving - at least i could never find them again. For example, some caves with snakes or spiders. One i've been at a river, there was a turtle you could swim on.

It's a really great game, full of secrets, having a great atmosphere. I would really like some tips that could help me find it. If someone knows, whats is the game, but also does not remember the name, please write everything you remember about the game - that i missed. There is a chance someone will finally remember the title of the game.

13. At the very beginning, there is a picture of an opened book with a face of the "first" hero: Julian inside. There is also a brief info about the situation at the start - why the hero has to go. Unfortunatly i don't remeber anything what it's all about.

14. Through the game, the music has a guitar musical motive.

15. The hero starts with a short sword.

16. In the right bottom corner there's a menu with some options the hero could do. For example: "take" [originally - brac] for picking up some items and looking in your dead enemy's corpses.

17. The game was on just one disk.

18. It didn't need a 1MB expansion [probably on a A500]

19. There were nights and days (we walked, and suddenly it was starting to black-out)

20. Julian had black hair.

21. There were streets, rivers, oceans (when you walked in, you loose your energy - represented by numer not a bar)

22. I know there was some way you could go into space. Then you had to walk on some narrow platforms, that sometimes were very slippery and you could easly fall to space. You had to fight with some strange geometrical lumps/clots

i'm sure for 100% that the game was translated to polish VERY amateur/lame

================================================================

Ok, here i am... again...
Some points of the game (14,15,16,20,21) keep me thinking it's "AmberMoon", but others deny that...
Well, now it's all in Your hands ...

Thanks in advance,
Shoonay
Old 20 October 2004, 19:24   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

It's The Faery Tale Adventure:

http://hol.abime.net/?id=485
Old 20 October 2004, 19:29   #3
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Thanks a lot!
Old 20 October 2004, 21:23   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Clue no. 3 was all that was necessary to identify the game!
Old 20 October 2004, 22:25   #5
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Yeah... just seen the box scan