English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 February 2010, 22:16   #101
Allen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorham View Post
For people who use their Amiga/WinUae for more than games, a Minimig is sadly not an option. Hopefully they'll expand it.
That is where a real Amiga comes in handy, the minimig is a great bit of kit for what most folk use their Amiga for and the majority of owners use them to play games on. As wizard66 says, the minimig feels more like an Amiga does when playing games.

@ Hungry Horace,

its good to see that other platforms can use a wireless joystick too, I know about windows though as my Xbox controller works with it using a USB super Joy Box 9 adapter and the Xbox wireless dongle.
Old 23 February 2010, 22:26   #102
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1 View Post
@ Hungry Horace,

its good to see that other platforms can use a wireless joystick too, I know about windows though as my Xbox controller works with it using a USB super Joy Box 9 adapter and the Xbox wireless dongle.
specifically i was referring to the PS3 wireless pad, that is now supported natively with Snow Leopard and is easy to set up with YDLinux.

I know there are drivers online for windows also, which are probably linked to somewhere on this board!
Old 23 February 2010, 23:34   #103
Allen1

That's worth knowing when I eventually get a PS3, I didn't know you could also run Linux on a PS3 till now either. Its amazing what some smart individuals will try and succeed in doing with different hardware and firmware
Old 23 February 2010, 23:36   #104
PowerPie5000
Miggy Ate My Hamster!

Quote:
That's worth knowing when I eventually get a PS3, I didn't know you could also run Linux on a PS3 till now either. Its amazing what some smart individuals will try and succeed in doing with different hardware and firmware
Avoid the PS3 slim if you want to run linux... It's only supported on the old fat one
Old 23 February 2010, 23:46   #105
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
By "smart individuals" did you mean hackers etc? as Sony themselves supported installing Linux on it, unfortunately as stated above they have dropped the support for PS3 Slim due to cost.
Old 24 February 2010, 00:31   #106
Allen1

Yes it was hackers and the other folks that think of all the solutions I meant, I am surprised that Sony themselves supported installing Linux on any of their products, if it wasn't for people like Dark Alex doing their magic on the PSP firmware, I wonder how successful the PSP would have been in comparison to what it did become. I think the only downside to a PSP is the memory card as it is too flimsy (my main card bit the dust recently).

The minimig with an SD card slot instead of a floppy drive is such an example of the brilliance that someone has turned from an idea to reality, as is the use of a CF card in an Amiga 600 or 1200 as a hard drive. We live in an incredible world where ideas become a reality, many of those realities are from individuals or groups who just wanted to improve what was available or which had restrictions that could be removed and allow for further development as in the PSP for example.
Old 24 February 2010, 10:20   #107
mombasajoe

What I would really like was a kind of what the 1541u is for the C64 (an emulated disk-drive without any further need of hardware). Okay, that would not replace anything.
Old 28 February 2010, 17:05   #108
Leo42

AGA has been implemented.

see: http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=39806
video: [ Show youtube player ]

Now if only someone could take that, put it in a joystick, produce 100k it would be great...
Old 11 June 2012, 13:25   #109
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Porting cores is very very easy once you've learned the interface wrappers (VGA, Keyboard, Sound, Joysticks).

When I first got my MiniMig board several years ago I had a go at porting C64, Amstrad, Spectrum, MSX2, Vic20 and more recently Atari ST.
Appreciate this is an old post but did you ever complete and/or publish that ported Atari ST core for Minimig?
Old 11 June 2012, 19:09   #110
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I could never load games as I couldn't change the PIC program on mine as it was a very early developers version without TinyBoot loader on the PIC. I could pre-load ROM's into RAM in some situations but nothing close to usable.

I'd have to remove it and use a dedicated PIC programmer.

But Suska is in very good shape as is the main MiniMig code, it wasn't hard at all to get it going.

http://experiment-s.de/en

There is (was) a forum dedicated to MiniMig v1.1 PCB ports :

http://www.minimig.net/
Old 11 June 2012, 23:25   #111
Methanoid
Retired Quartex Sysop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I could never load games as I couldn't change the PIC program on mine as it was a very early developers version without TinyBoot loader on the PIC. I could pre-load ROM's into RAM in some situations but nothing close to usable.

I'd have to remove it and use a dedicated PIC programmer.

But Suska is in very good shape as is the main MiniMig code, it wasn't hard at all to get it going.

http://experiment-s.de/en

There is (was) a forum dedicated to MiniMig v1.1 PCB ports :

http://www.minimig.net/
Hmmm thanks for the update. So, still no nearer running ST stuff on Minimig or Replay....
Old 12 June 2012, 10:39   #112
lolafg

the Turbo Chameleon 64 is really great too , you can play Commodore 64 , ZX Spectrum 48K/128K , Minimig with 68020 and up to 11,5 MB ram , i'm hopping for a CPC 6128 core....
You can use it in standalone mode with the Cdtv controler or better with the Docking Station up to 4 controler .
And speaking of the price , it's ridiculous regarding the fpga replay board price (of course CHameleon64 doesn't offer AGA for Minimig core).