English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 22 December 2008, 13:33   #21
DH
Global Moderator

I totally agree with Galahad. If you're that bothered by the cracktros 'n' trainers, then don't get them, but your collection is going to be mighty small if not non existant.

These guys did us all a service and to me should be appreciated for what they achieved. I don't think I have 1 game that doesn't have any type of intro added by some cracking group 'n' I,m glad, these are the guys who made it all possible including the inventiveness of there codes, graphics and music, which I'll always appreciate. I was always dissapointed when I got a game that had no cracktro on it, It gave me the impression that the game was not worth cracking 'cause the game was not good enough to have the time and effort of creating a hi quality intro etc for it.

I appreciate what they have done, with their talent, and I think calling the intros etc crap is totally out of order, most, if not all, are pieces of genuine art etc, which will live on regardless of what you think. Without these guys there never would of been a scene, and for that alone, I am very grateful to all the cracking groups and members that ever existed and to those who still exist even today.

Using the word crap to describe the intros etc is only gonna cause trouble and get up peoples backs. so press the Left Mouse Button to exit the intro etc, and stop complaining.
Old 22 December 2008, 13:41   #22
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
I totally agree with Galahad. If you're that bothered by the cracktros 'n' trainers, then don't get them, but your collection is going to be mighty small if not non existant.

These guys did us all a service and to me should be appreciated for what they achieved. I don't think I have 1 game that doesn't have any type of intro added by some cracking group 'n' I,m glad, these are the guys who made it all possible including the inventiveness of there codes, graphics and music, which I'll always appreciate. I was always dissapointed when I got a game that had no cracktro on it, It gave me the impression that the game was not worth cracking 'cause the game was not good enough to have the time and effort of creating a hi quality intro etc for it.

I appreciate what they have done, with their talent, and I think calling the intros etc crap is totally out of order, most, if not all, are pieces of genuine art etc, which will live on regardless of what you think. Without these guys there never would of been a scene, and for that alone, I am very grateful to all the cracking groups and members that ever existed and to those who still exist even today.

Using the word crap to describe the intros etc is only gonna cause trouble and get up peoples backs. so press the Left Mouse Button to exit the intro etc, and stop complaining.
I second everything you just said !!!!!

The "Scene" atmosphere with those Cracktro's is part of what made the Amiga the Amiga!!!...
Old 22 December 2008, 21:13   #23
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonHellraiser View Post
Using the word crap to describe the intros etc is only gonna cause trouble and get up peoples backs.
Allow me to nitpick, but he said carp.
And foppies.

It's bloody CARPS I TELL YA! CARPS PLAYING WITH FOPPIES!
What has the world come into?
Old 23 December 2008, 13:25   #24
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.

It's just something special about the way foppies feel

touch the foppies

how nice

So I'm confused, the original feel of the game would be the original game disks, I mean original foppies, whdload nubs all the annoying protection and makes life easier and makes loads of games available free without aggravating foppie action

I am confused by all this crazy talk and mentions of fish!

and it's making me want to go to the fish shop for a nice fish and chips

anyone for foppie fritters?
Old 23 December 2008, 14:26   #25
kriz

Cracktros rules! Nothing beats the feeling of first getting the cracktro and then load the game.. Ahhhhh...
Old 23 December 2008, 18:04   #26
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

Exactly. I nearly shit my pants when I saw my first Playstation cracktro. (Not really because it was any good, just was unexpected...) Same with everything before it, N64, SNES, Amiga, C64, Apple, etc. From the complex intros of the Amigas and consoles to the simple tags "BROKEN BY THE BANDIT" on the Apple ]['s in gradeschool. It's part of the scene. Deal with it.

(Or, limit yourself to originals and parameter copies.)
Old 23 December 2008, 20:59   #27
discomeats
Just add brown sauce.

I think maybe some of those cracktros were more interesting to watch than some games
Old 26 December 2008, 17:03   #28
mr_0rga5m
Tik Gora :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by discomeats View Post
I think maybe some of those cracktros were more interesting to watch than some games
Ditto
Old 26 December 2008, 17:13   #29
Another World

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana View Post
beside the facts above, to have around yet another collection of cracked games without cracktros (just the idea is silly) would be unpractical, bothersome (who would do the task?), lame, unnecessary, confusing.

to have a forum to host that, would be idiocy.
I totally agree
However exists a "collection of cracked games without cracktros" ?
P.S. If we remove cracktros/trainers from disk game still work fine ?

Old 26 December 2008, 17:32   #30
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another World View Post
I totally agree
I think there is a collection called "NoIntro", which is a collection without cracktros.
.....just found out, its "IPF"-format, so its nothing to tell about.

Quote:
P.S. If we remove cracktros/trainers from disk game still work fine ?
I think, there are some cracked games, which does not work anymore, if you remove the cracktro, because inside the cracktro is a "crackcode",
but some other members are able to tell it for sure.

Last edited by mai; 26 December 2008 at 17:50.
Old 26 December 2008, 19:38   #31
Marcuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another World View Post
i have misphrased: "yet another collection" was the point, not what there was inside, in this case "cracked games without cracktros"

and no, it doesn't exist (except for Whdload games)
bceause:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mai View Post
I think there is a collection called "NoIntro", which is a collection without cracktros.
.....just found out, its "IPF"-format, so its nothing to tell about.
is just the SPS collection differently renamed, so not cracked at all.
Old 27 December 2008, 21:47   #32
mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vars191 View Post
Hi All
Is it possible to get games on floppies that have there protection removed and nothing else added like trainers or what ever
I am sick of all the crap and would like to get just the game

Vars
If you need games without cracktros, check the TOSEC-collection and pick up all games with [no cracktro] flag in its name, there are many.
Old 27 December 2008, 23:27   #33
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vars191 View Post
I like the feel of a floppy
It's an australian version of me! Floppies forever!

Like others have said though you'll either have to go the way of originals (always a nice thing ) although they are getting pricey

Maybe look into SPS stuff also?
Old 31 December 2008, 12:46   #34
Sallinen

HDD rules, floppies are really annoying.
I bought 120GB HDD for my A1200
Old 31 December 2008, 13:48   #35
Old Fool
Zone Friend

I don't think that crack intros are crap. I always choose the game version that have the nicest crack tune! (or the best trainer)
Old 31 December 2008, 13:50   #36
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool View Post
(or the best trainer)
Same here mate
Old 31 December 2008, 14:09   #37
Old Fool
Zone Friend

I've planned to make a crack intro music disk or two to play with Amiga! I just collect intros from the games. Those can be fit about 20 to one disk = about same amount of music tracks than a compilation CD. I simply use startup-sequence file and list the EXE.s there and when I want to change the song I press mouse to skip to next one!
Old 31 December 2008, 14:14   #38
DH
Global Moderator

The way I tend to look at things, if the game was never cracked then the game was not worth it, so I always get a game that is cracked with a lovely cracktro
Old 31 December 2008, 14:24   #39
waal

I still prefer (virtual) floppies and A500 mode. And the idea of emulating the sound of the disk drive was great ! Maybe one of the aspect I like the most : To hear some cracklings and then the chiptune.
Old 31 December 2008, 14:25   #40
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fool View Post
I've planned to make a crack intro music disk or two to play with Amiga! I just collect intros from the games. Those can be fit about 20 to one disk = about same amount of music tracks than a compilation CD. I simply use startup-sequence file and list the EXE.s there and when I want to change the song I press mouse to skip to next one!
Sounds like a good idea. Would be cool if you could make a thread once you finished that project