English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 February 2004, 21:19   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Question Prison (Actionware/Krisalis)

Well, has anyone of you guys ever played this kind of action-adventure game?

I kind of like this one...but I'm afraid that I'm stuck now.
I searched that zombie holding a sign with "I have pirated this game" ( ), got the Access Card, and opened the door signed "KEEP OUT".

So far, so good. Once inside, I searched the case located on the right wing of the building and found another card to get another door open. I used it in the access card slot (NOT in the 'Security Override' slot, otherwise the door gets jammed!), walked, walked and walked, killed hordes of aliens, and got before a door obstructed by rubble, on the far left. I have a feeling that this is my next task.
But how do I get that rubble removed?

A walkthrough (only for taking a quick sneak! ) would come in handy, too.

Last question:
- Is that fallen branch, that stone or that piece of wire of any use or is it just a red herring?
Old 19 March 2004, 17:12   #2
runamuck

Hi Andreas, I really like this game as well. I've attached my own walkthru with this.
Attached Files
File Type: zip prison2.zip (3.2 KB, 243 views)
Old 01 June 2004, 22:52   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks man!
How could I miss this thread?

Well ... your solution was a LOT of help ... but ...
I'm stuck again!

Code:
Then go back to Zorf's place and go through the teleporter and use the dongle software to activate the previously non-functioning teleporter. Pick up the heavy rock on
your left and place it on the pressure pad to deactivate the force field. Then turn right to come across a room with 3 levers pull the 2nd and 3rd ones to safely pass.
Pick up the heavy boot and go back the way you came but be sure to push the 2nd and 3rd levers back to their original postion or you will be electrocuted.
Use the heavy boot on another pressure pad to pass through a door. Search the broken droid to find a starter solenoid
Can't seem to find this solenoid.

Another problem: there are *THREE* pressure pads! But I only have the stone and the boot and can't remove either of those.
The solution doesn't happen to mean the MEDI-droid found on the right wing of the building? There's neither food nor a solenoid I could find.

Last edited by andreas; 03 June 2004 at 02:07.
Old 12 June 2004, 18:01   #4
runamuck2
Zone Friend

No it's not the medi droid there should be an old broken down droid somewhere round there. I might play the game through again to check your question about 3 pressure pads as I can't remember how I did this. It may take me a little while though, especially now that the footballs on.
Old 13 June 2004, 04:51   #5
andreas
Zone Friend

Playing it all through again would maybe be nonsense.
What I could do is make you a save disk or a save-state file.
Well, in this case, I prefer save-disks because they're more flexible. *AND* not so dependent on the emulator versions.
(Using recent save-states in older WinUAE builds and vice-versa might even crash those versions! [read: 'might'])
Old 14 June 2004, 23:27   #6
runamuck2
Zone Friend

I've had a look Andreas and you can bypass the second door. So from in front of the second door go right, right again. Now go up and up again. Left, down, left and you will arrive outside the third door with your boot in hand.

Through the third door is the broken robot which conceals the solenoid. Also if you search in the far right hand side of the room you will find some food.
Old 18 June 2004, 14:44   #7
runamuck2
Zone Friend

If you liked this game try playing Thunderbirds. It has similar graphics and gameplay but with a strict time limit. These games contrast sharply with turkeys like Tusker and Garfield.

I'm actually playing the ST version of Prison which has a fairly annoying bug that messes up the enemy sprites on the last level. Does this happen with the Amiga version?
Old 20 October 2006, 13:13   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Thanks for all, mate!

I'm currently making a second attempt with this thing. I have to play everything from the beginning anyway because I can't use any of my 40 screenshots for HOL (all are fairly old and have the color bug)

The only problem I have is that I cannot for the life of me find this spaceship part which you mentioned that you missed it too.
You say it's BEFORE the jungle area? Well, there is no dustbin except for the one right of Eddie's Bar. The only draped banner I can find is directly right of the A block, but there is a pile of debris, no dustbin.

Last edited by andreas; 20 October 2006 at 22:46.
Old 20 October 2006, 13:19   #9
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Ps Andreas, i have Prison in original ^^ !
Old 20 October 2006, 13:23   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Nice, but I need the solution, not the original
This is not the sub-forum for game requests is it
One SPS version exists.

The two versions do indeed differ, and this is in the title screen: the US version shows the Actionware logo, the Krisalis version shows the Krisalis logo. Other than that, they *seem* to be identical.
The Krisalis release does NOT make use of PAL.
(640x400 in both versions)

So do you have an original of the US version? Then please dump it for SPS.

Last edited by andreas; 20 October 2006 at 15:56.
Old 20 October 2006, 22:50   #11
andreas
Zone Friend

Solved!

Finally, I made it!

But not with this walkthrough.
There is a great mistake in the chronology of the above walkthrough.

Quote:
Somewhere around here is the 1st part of the spaceship that you will need to escape Prison, it can be found by searching a dustbin which is in front of a gap in the wall which has a banner draped across it. You can tell when you're at the right place as you will come under constant attack from the aliens.
This is fine as it is, but how do you get there?
You will FIRST need to open both locked doors in block A, but in the walkthrough, the opening of doors comes *after* you found the spaceship part, not *before* (as it should!)
The piece in question is LEFT of Block A, so you have to take the left exit requiring a Control Plug 3 which you have not yet found when going straightly top-down in the solution!

Sometimes I have to say no walkthrough is better than one with a huge mistake in it, as it will keep you confused for hours sometimes, why this works in the walkthrough, but not in the game!

Since the walkthrough is also part of CFOU!s install, it should definitely be fixed in order not to confuse more people with this.
Old 22 October 2006, 02:00   #12
runamuck2
Zone Friend

Sorry for the oversight Andreas, I hope it did not delay your completion of the game too much. I think I probably should have called it hints and tips rather than a proper walkthru. Also I rather naively thought it would only be read by you.

Anyway this game is great, I really cannot recommend it enough. It simply oozes atmosphere. It's a tragedy that they never produced the sequel they promised at the end.
Old 22 October 2006, 03:17   #13
andreas
Zone Friend

Well, it only concerns me as the walkthrough is included in WHDload install now. And I do not like to see people tricked, confused, etc.
I know it was not your intention, but things spread inside WHD packages should really be OK and verified. (my 2c)

But YOU should change it as it's YOUR walkthrough.

BTW something has made me wonder: why did you give your gun so early to this stooge guy??! That's very nonsensical, as in later stages it gets REAL hard and sometimes you are so happy to have a gun handy!
I'm thinking about these fierce moments with a chasm before you and the alien standing on the OTHER side. Yes, you got it, after you jump over the chasm you will always be pushed into it by the alien again! The only way out is live with another life lost or have a gun!!
You have so much you can trade: somewhere is a ring you can trade, or this Deep Thought Circuit Board or whatever ... the gun is the last thing I'd trade.

Please note: As I actually did not want to post this here, I e-mailed you!
But since you didn't reply, well ...
Old 22 October 2006, 05:47   #14
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

I am sure CFou will happily update the install when the solution is 100%
Old 22 October 2006, 06:06   #15
Ironclaw
Banned

More or less every walkthrough has fault that I've read.... I always end up reading through 2 or more different walkthroughs for the same game.
Old 22 October 2006, 11:26   #16
andreas
Zone Friend

But if you do not have two, but only one? Well then ... bad luck eh?
Old 22 October 2006, 12:06   #17
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Where had you seen the game in european version doesn't use PAL ?

I have the krisalis version, and have installed it.... no NTSC mon !
Old 22 October 2006, 14:31   #18
andreas
Zone Friend

SPS version = EU. If it used PAL, it would not use the same screen area like NTSC but more. (compare Arkanoid (EU) <-> Arkanoid (US)!) My screenshots were all in 640x400, and nothing missing. Then I enlarged the canvas by 28 pixels on top and on bottom.

Last edited by andreas; 25 October 2006 at 00:19.