English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 31 July 2008, 15:00   #1
novaburst

AmigaE IRC Channel - Please Visit

KillerGorilla stopped in and told me I should advertise this channel here because there might be some interest in Amiga E on these boards. So here I am! :-)

I have setup an Amiga E IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at #amigae. If you are interested in the Amiga E programming language, please come and hang out with us.

AROS now has PortablE, which is highly Amiga E compatible. The ECX Amiga E compiler for classics is still being developed too. So this is why the channel is there.

With all of the dedicated programming language channels on IRC, there wasn't one available that focused on Amiga E. I felt it deserved it's own.

With all of the options available now to program in Amiga E, there is no reason it shouldn't become a popular language with Amiga type users today.

I hope to see you in the channel!

Old 17 September 2008, 17:08   #2
ChrisH

OK, while this isn't official yet, we've now got specific days/times for trying to meet on the IRC channel:
http://cshandley.co.uk/amigae/irc.html

Please be aware that these times may change, so keep this page bookmarked.
Old 01 October 2008, 13:28   #3
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

I'm often in there so it must be fantastic.
Old 03 August 2009, 22:53   #4
novaburst

Hello all,

I just wanted to post here again to let you know the Amiga E Programming Channel is there and still going strong. We have a small core group that is around often, but we hope it keeps growing.

We have a dedicated meeting time on the channel and that time has changed. It used to be on Wednesday, now we have made it Monday. We had many in today and decided we should just make it Monday. But please feel free to login everyday if you desire, I do.

So check the web page for more information. Thank you!
http://cshandley.co.uk/amigae/irc.html

Old 11 February 2011, 17:27   #5
jscherro

I know this post is really old. Just want to say that im new in the channel and plan on sticking to it, I so badly want to be able to create programs for the amiga and maybe some day be a caluable contributor to keeping the dream alive. I have alot of time on my hands as im not in a full time job and probably never will be due to health reasons.

Old 12 February 2011, 01:56   #6
Cammy

Thanks for dropping by, jscherro, it was really refreshing to meet someone else passionate about writing Amiga programs in E.

The E language is so perfectly suited to Amiga programming, and with the recent release of the new version of PortablE it makes it easier to port your software between all Amiga Operating Systems as well as Windows (if you're into that sort of thing).

I hope more interested people will continue to join our friendly IRC channel.