English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 28 June 2004, 03:21   #361
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCK
It's very easy to fix, just go into your User CP and go to the Groups Membership area
Thanks, RCK. This EAB 3 thing is new to me.

Oh, and thanks for the groovy uploads, everyone. Any chance of getting a few more? I still need...

Iron Hand, Project-T, Shooting Star, Reading Adventure I and Reading Adventure II. TIA.

Oh, and greetz to the old gang!
Old 28 June 2004, 08:47   #362
Duke
HOL-Team

Send a message via ICQ to Duke
Project-T uploaded.
Old 28 June 2004, 08:49   #363
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

And Iron Hand uploaded...
Old 28 June 2004, 14:36   #364
Marcuz

hey btw welcome back ghost
Old 29 June 2004, 09:19   #365
Paul
RIP Friends

Welcome Back Twist
Old 01 July 2004, 22:19   #366
Duke
HOL-Team

Quote:
Aesop's Fables (1987/Unicorn)
In the zone.

EDIT: Sorry, its the wrong one (Robot Reader: Aesop's Fables).

Quote:
Highway 42 (1988/Markt & Technik) German
In the zone (ADF created from the CAPS release).

Last edited by Duke; 02 July 2004 at 23:49.
Old 03 July 2004, 07:39   #367
DPainter

This disk in TOSEC Discovery v2.0 (1986)(MicroIllusions)(Disk 2 of 2)(lessons) has a couple of the edu lessons on your list.
Old 03 July 2004, 15:32   #368
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Great info! Interstate is not in HOL yet! Let's see what I can do
OK that's it...HOL entry done.

PLEASE: if someone happens to have the original, please contact the HOL team! Some of the screens are severely modified by those "would-be" crackers
Since I don't want to help spread around virus-infected shit, I fixed the TOSEC version (the one of the two with a structure *less* destroyed) and put it into the Zone!
Note that *both* of the TOSEC versions are infected with Disaster Master 2. As this virus destroys the disk structure (slowly and harrowingly), those disks are not worth being kept in your collections.

[edit] Reading Adventure I and II re-upped.

Last edited by andreas; 03 July 2004 at 16:57.
Old 05 July 2004, 03:35   #369
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Coolish! Thanks for all the files. I see there's a bunch of games recently added to HOL from (German coverdisk) Power-Disc...(HOL Lists them as diskmags?!?) I'll have to hunt those down along with the myriad other games added since my last visits. Are those in TOSEC? Apparently changes have been made to TOSEC that I need to research, as well. So much to do, so little time.
Old 05 July 2004, 08:37   #370
Duke
HOL-Team

Yes, both Power-Disc 3 and 9 are in TOSEC (dumped from my disks anyway).
Old 05 July 2004, 08:46   #371
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistin'Ghost
Coolish! Thanks for all the files. I see there's a bunch of games recently added to HOL from (German coverdisk) Power-Disc...(HOL Lists them as diskmags?!?)
It's the licence which is noted as a diskmag, rather than the game itself.
Old 07 July 2004, 23:22   #372
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett
It's the licence which is noted as a diskmag, rather than the game itself.
Oh, I understand that. I just always thought of diskmags as being like Grapevine and Eurochart, while coverdisks were the disks mounted on magazines. Wasn't this the way HOL originally had this license noted?
Old 07 July 2004, 23:53   #373
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Yes, I think of diskmags as the likes of Grapevine too.

The problem here is that in Germany "Disketten-Magazin" could refer to a Grapevine type of diskmag or one of the mini magazine plus full game combinations such as Power-Disc. This is obviously causing some confusion when translated as 'diskmag' in both cases.

I've changed the licence to "Game Plus Mini Mag" for now - thanks!
Old 08 July 2004, 10:16   #374
Galaxy

Twistin' Ghost - do you have an up-to-date MIA list? It gets pretty hard to follow some of these long threads, so an update every now and again would be good. (Andy's Emerald Mine MIA thread is another good example of a long thread that has got hard to follow.)

By the way, I was wondering if a few of the titles I have posted in other threads are still MIA?:

Poker Solitaire; Sargon 4 (Chess); Chess Machine; Cubit; Emerald Mine v6 Editor and Tools
Old 08 July 2004, 20:19   #375
andreas
Zone Friend

Maybe I'm blind, but what *I* found in the Contributions thread is Sargon 3, not 4.

Well, do you have a boxed version of Poker Solitaire even?
The HOL entry hasn't yet been modified for almost exactly one year now, so I have a slight doubt that Ethos is the developer *and* publisher.
(In case you got the box: could you tell us the real publisher? The window shown says Development Co. which does not necessarily mean that Ethos was the publisher as well... )

Last edited by andreas; 08 July 2004 at 20:25.
Old 08 July 2004, 23:29   #376
Galaxy

Andreas, see my previous thread postings (both in req.RareOldGames) for more details:

Poker Solitaire: The one in HOL is a different game. See: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=13902
Sargon 4 and Chess Machine: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=13657

I don't own any of these titles.
Old 09 July 2004, 20:42   #377
andreas
Zone Friend

Ah. Now I'm totally

[edit] Seriously, I simply misunderstood one of your post's parts completely:

Quote:
By the way, I was wondering if a few of the titles I have posted in other threads are still MIA?:

<games list follows>
= "Are they still MIA? If yes, I can help you"

Last edited by andreas; 09 July 2004 at 21:11.
Old 10 July 2004, 10:36   #378
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Twistin' Ghost - do you have an up-to-date MIA list? It gets pretty hard to follow some of these long threads, so an update every now and again would be good. (Andy's Emerald Mine MIA thread is another good example of a long thread that has got hard to follow.)

Poker Solitaire; Sargon 4 (Chess); Chess Machine; Cubit; Emerald Mine v6 Editor and Tools
To the best of my knowledge, the MIA list at the beginning of this thread is current. I pop in every couple of months or so and make changes. Mind you, I've not added anything new to the list in about 9 months because I have not been active. In the past, I followed ebay auctions in which rare, uncirculated games were being sold, so I was finding plenty to add back then. Plus, other sources were yielding information about games that just didn't seem to make the rounds. Somewhere on a backup, I still have an MIA directory that is loaded with titles that I need to research before adding to the list (ie, Polish edu stuff, obscure licenceware, etc.), but I've just been so busy with my music career, I've not been able to allocate the time. I suggest you use the actual list and not the threads, since all of it is updated on the actual list.

I have a new PC on the way and with it, about 300 gigs of HD space, so I will have the space to restore all of that back and make some updates. In the meantime, there's still a lot of missing games already on the list.

I'd also love to know which games are, for example, listed in HOL, but physically absent. There's several dimensions to explore, so this MIA thing is a long ways from nearing any kind of ending.

So, Cubit got posted? Any chance for a re-up?
Old 10 July 2004, 12:41   #379
andreas
Zone Friend

Cubit: only the boxscan was provided ... the actual game has not been posted (really not )
I remember that guy who owns the box (yes I believe it was Galaxy too [?]) had told me something about not finding the disk at the moment or so.

P. S. Hope you managed to grab Reading Adventure* now in time.
Old 11 July 2004, 10:01   #380
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Cubit: only the boxscan was provided ... the actual game has not been posted (really not )
I remember that guy who owns the box (yes I believe it was Galaxy too [?]) had told me something about not finding the disk at the moment or so.

P. S. Hope you managed to grab Reading Adventure* now in time.
Thanks for the response. I seem to remember having Cubit from the old days, but I don't think it was a scene release, but a deprotected parameter copy. It's probably trapped on one of those legendary tapes. And yes, I did get Reading Adventure, thanksabunch.

It's really great talking with all of y'all again! I didn't really plan on 'returning' or anything due to my schedule, I've just found that whenever I have a few moments for an email break, I can pop over here to this thread (my holiday flat).

Peace.