English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 08 December 2004, 14:28   #41
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisken uno
Of course LucasArts have no interest in re-releasing these versions, yet LucasArts is LucasArts. I guess y'all know what I mean
What,you mean that any attempts to write any games other than a star wars based one is terminated with extreme prejudice? *cough Sam & Max sequel, cough* (And before I get berated I like certain SW games like JKII Jedi Outcast, Battlefront(on PS 2),I just find it sad that a once mighty company known for such diverse adventures, etc. only ever seems to release one type of licence nowadays,yet denies opportunities for others to take up games they don't want to pursue themselves.)
Old 08 December 2004, 15:34   #42
fisken uno
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-Zark-7
What,you mean that any attempts to write any games other than a star wars based one is terminated with extreme prejudice? *cough Sam & Max sequel, cough* (And before I get berated I like certain SW games like JKII Jedi Outcast, Battlefront(on PS 2),I just find it sad that a once mighty company known for such diverse adventures, etc. only ever seems to release one type of licence nowadays,yet denies opportunities for others to take up games they don't want to pursue themselves.)
Agrees 100%
Old 08 December 2004, 16:57   #43
derSammler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseley09
I'd have thought the Mega CD with its exciting 64 colour display to be the worst version??
That's why I said "apart from the graphics possibly". I think the MegaCD version isn't that bad if you consider the limited hardware capacities of the MegaCD.

Quote:
Mildly related........i see "Infestation" by Psygnosis is available on FM Towns/Marty........but requires a keyboard to play.
Well, "requires a keyboard" is nothing special in this case, because the FM-Towns is a computer, not a console. The console version of the FM-Towns computer is called Marty. You probably know this, but most people think it's the same.
Old 08 December 2004, 17:43   #44
Baseley09

Yeah there is a keyboard available for Marty, I just wondered maybe i'd be better off getting the Amiga version instead of shelling out for extra gubbins.....I dont even know if Infestation is any good heh

I'm basically looking for excuses to not buy a Marty recently, but the lure of the Psygnosis games on CD is driving me up the wazoo:
Old 17 December 2004, 15:33   #45
derSammler

Quote:
<...> but the lure of the Psygnosis games on CD is driving me up the wazoo:
I don't really like most of the Psygnosis games, but the arcade conversions are great! I just got Raiden Densetsu.
Old 17 December 2004, 18:03   #46
spiff
Oh noes!

Quote:
I'd have thought the Mega CD with its exciting 64 colour display to be the worst version??

Mildly related........i see "Infestation" by Psygnosis is available on FM Towns/Marty........but requires a keyboard to play . How is the Amiga version of this game, i can't find it, and how vital is the keyboard for playing??
You need the keyboard to enter things in the in game console...
Never did get that one, illogical as hell, that or the manual from the "monster box" was bad.
Old 28 December 2004, 10:41   #47
Rich M

since you guys are talking about fm towns, this is my collection of the supposedly rare fm towns portable codenamed "Car Marty".
It can play all fm towns marty games and it has GPS navigation functions, for use within Japan region.
I bought this some years ago at my local game shop in Tokyo.
Old 28 December 2004, 11:07   #48
Zender

The FM TOWNS was a truly 2d beast, not that it can rival the Saturn specs on that field but it was certainly good, and older in time too. Apart from the usual Lucasfilm games and SOTB1, I've got Turbo OutRun (and Afterburner, but I ended deleting it accidentally)which is quite rare. It was reprogrammed by CRI and even if it's not a 1:1 conversion, it's the best one I've seen so far. Same goes for AfterBurner and for the rest of conversions I guess

Don't know why but FM TOWNS games are always hard to find on the internet, wonder why no one cared to do a torrent site with TOWNS games or something like that since ISOS with mp3 audio tracks are really small(with TOR being like 4-5mb~)

Anyone has the FM TOWNS version of Beast 2? I've seen some screenshots of it and looked truly gorgeous!