English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 April 2009, 12:51   #41
Retro1234
Phone Homer

The guy whos updating E-Uae for Aros is also doing the E-Uae intergaration. For Now you can use AmiBridge but is a bit crud.

When I ran games in Aros form HDF I used a little IconX Script

Quote:
Originally Posted by IconX
dh0:uae
run >nil: i386-aros-uae -f dh0:Games/Aladdin
endcli
amiga.rom_path = dh0:rom
cpu_speed = max
amiga.use_dither = False
cpu_type = 68020
chipset = AGA
chipmem_size = 4
fastmem_size = 8
hardfile2 = ro,dh0:fat0:uae/Aladdin.hdf,32,1,2,512,2,
gfx_linemode = double
gfx_framerate = 2
kickstart_rom_file = $(FILE_PATH)/Kick.rom
kickstart_key_file = $(FILE_PATH)/rom.key
sound_output = normal
Old 02 April 2009, 13:05   #42
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
The guy whos updating E-Uae for Aros is also doing the E-Uae intergaration. For Now you can use AmiBridge but is a bit crud.

When I ran games in Aros form HDF I used a little IconX Script
BooBoo I did you put Chipmem at 4MB?
Old 02 April 2009, 13:05   #43
Xytec

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihcael View Post
I dont think it can do this yet, but this is obviously the goal!!
Yes it can??

To launch ANY Amiga application from AROS, you simply use the 'Add Amiga' button and direct it to the 'executable' file and not the Icon!

Then anytime in the future you just click it from Aros and it will pop up in its own window (under emulation) Just like it was running on an Amiga.
Old 02 April 2009, 13:17   #44
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xytec View Post
Yes it can??

To launch ANY Amiga application from AROS, you simply use the 'Add Amiga' button and direct it to the 'executable' file and not the Icon!

Then anytime in the future you just click it from Aros and it will pop up in its own window (under emulation) Just like it was running on an Amiga.
I havent treid it but it think that 'Add Amiga' button is how the script is created, if it was fully inytergrated this step would not be required?
Old 02 April 2009, 14:36   #45
Xytec

Yep I miss read what he asked, sorry.
Old 30 April 2009, 18:13   #46
Xytec

New update v1.1.1

and .... Icaros on a Netbook!!
Old 30 April 2009, 18:22   #47
amiga

Quote:
New update v1.1.1

and .... Icaros on a Netbook!!

... hosted in QEMU under Windows, though!

In the meanwhile we can all use X-Amiga (http://xamiga.net) which is a much more convenient solution to bring the Amiga on a modern PC. XAmiga is ideal on a laptop; try it!
Old 01 May 2009, 14:26   #48
hit

i finaly managed to get Aros (Icaros 1.1) booting using VirtualBox. as explained on the icaros site, you should change some grub options.
1) i did choose "VGA 640 400 4 bpp (slow ata)" in grub boot menu
(this booted into the desktop - VESA modes did not)
2) open a shell and edit sys:boot/grub/grub.cfg
change "ATA=32bit" into "ATA=nodma" (those entries for VESA modes)
save changes and reboot.
3) now those VESA 32bpp modes works and you can boot into the desktop.

for the update, insert the update cd-image (Ikaros 1.1.1 Update) after booting into the desktop and run SYS:Tools/Updater (i've been looking for that "Updater" on the live-cd before - drove me nuts, until i finaly found it).

updating here still in progress, but things looks good so far.
thnx Team AROS/Icaros.

Edit: *ouch* - the 1.1.1 update screwed up the 1.1 install. after the reboot-requester from the "Updater", it stated no "PIPEFS:" available, then nothing, just empty "Workbench Screen" - did a reboot, and now i'm stuck on the grub-menu - any entry says "error couldn't read segment from file". not that good

well, anyway, keep up team AROS/Ikaros

Edit2: you can edit the grub menu entries: choose one and type "e" and change "aros-pc-i386.gz" into "aros-safemode.gz". then press "ctrl-x" to boot and you'll get the PIPEFS error message (missing PIPEFS:systempipe")

Edit3: you still can boot using the update CD, so not all is lost. i'll dig a bit more. maybe i find the pipefs issue.
Edit4: the updated AROS partition has same kernel in "boot" folder as the Update-CD. hmm.

Beside the PIPE: and PIPEFS: entries in s:startup-sequence, does anyone know, when and where this PIPEFS: gets started ?

Edit5: now i was using the Installer (not updater) and get the same result on grub entries: "error couldn't read segment from file" - i guess i'll wait for the next update

Last edited by hit; 01 May 2009 at 15:43.
Old 01 May 2009, 23:03   #49
Xytec

Hit read the message on the Icaros website, there has been a problem and the download was changed!!

Get the new 1.1.1
Old 02 May 2009, 10:01   #50
paolone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit View Post
Edit: *ouch* - the 1.1.1 update screwed up the 1.1 install. after the reboot-requester from the "Updater", it stated no "PIPEFS:" available, then nothing, just empty "Workbench Screen"
Hi. This generally happens when you don't do what the installer is asking you: to *remove* the update cd from the drive before rebooting. Keeping the CD in will confuse AROS at next reboot, and make it not find PIPEFS and other system components. I never got this issue when unmounting/removing the update CD after installation.

Anyway, please download the new 1.1.1 and use ATA=nodma in grub options to boot it from VirtualBox, if necessary.

Old 02 May 2009, 12:49   #51
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
I gave up on AROS, tried and tried setting my HDD up. Just wouldnt have any of it, it kept saying it couldnt format my HDD, .

So anyone know how to install this as the only OS on a HDD?
Old 02 May 2009, 12:54   #52
Xytec

Yes my friend, its all in the user guide, a full step by step on the website, I did it and I promise you I'm no genius so it must be easy
Old 02 May 2009, 13:01   #53
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Yes my friend, its all in the user guide, a full step by step on the website, I did it and I promise you I'm no genius so it must be easy
Well, I followed the user guide, STEP BY STEP and it refuses to work. I have all the partitions setup correctly, but it refuses to format it, giving error on cylinder 0.

I redone the guide atleast 3 times, still the same thing. If I use the the installer, it sets up drive then crashes.

No one over at AROS exec could help either, . Plus it looks like AROS exec has been hacked, .
Old 02 May 2009, 13:29   #54
Xytec

You formatted using the CD?
That is the way I did it and all went well for me, actually I'm just about to try again, after downloading 1.1.1 and finding a bigger HD, I will try it out as a fresh install on that.
Old 02 May 2009, 13:37   #55
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
You formatted using the CD?
That is the way I did it and all went well for me, actually I'm just about to try again, after downloading 1.1.1 and finding a bigger HD, I will try it out as a fresh install on that.
Only way is from CD, . Where are you getting it from? AROS Live CD site?
Old 02 May 2009, 14:00   #56
Xytec

Yes I downloaded it yesterday, I can't seem to burn it though, my CD's are out and I only have a DVD RW left and it keeps crashing when I try burn it.

yeah I was just making sure you was trying through the CD and not manually formatting and partitioning your Drive. (you never know)
Old 02 May 2009, 14:43   #57
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Yes I downloaded it yesterday, I can't seem to burn it though, my CD's are out and I only have a DVD RW left and it keeps crashing when I try burn it.

yeah I was just making sure you was trying through the CD and not manually formatting and partitioning your Drive. (you never know)
Just tried again, manually and automated, exactly the same, either gives format error or say it cant find DH0, .

EDIT:- I definately give up now, just recked my notebook HDD partition getting it going. Then come to restart after installing, and it bitches that there is an erro loading the OS, .

Looked nice to, .

Last edited by FOL; 02 May 2009 at 21:54.
Old 02 May 2009, 22:55   #58
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
thats a shame fol, what hd you using an what size ?
only problem i had installin icaros is i did`t use sfs but as sone as i did the install went ok

hope try this new version sometime next week
Old 02 May 2009, 23:53   #59
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
thats a shame fol, what hd you using an what size ?
only problem i had installin icaros is i did`t use sfs but as sone as i did the install went ok

hope try this new version sometime next week
First setup;

Old tiny notbook;
1.6GHz Intel
512MB RAM
30 GB IDE HDD
DVD-RW Combo
Floppy

It refused to work giving all odd problems.

Second setup;

My new fujitsu notebook;
2.3GHz Intel
2GB RAM
160 GB SATA HDD (Kept DH0 to 600MB and DH1 to 6GB).
DVD-RAM Combo

Installed fine on this, but come reboot, it gave error and would not boot. Tried to reinstall it a few times but still the same.
Old 04 May 2009, 19:01   #60
hit

Quote:
Hit read the message on the Icaros website, there has been a problem and the download was changed!!

Get the new 1.1.1
i guess i got the correct one. first the update. now the full live cd:
hxxp://amikit.amiga.sk/download/misc/AROS/IcarosLive_1_1_1b.7z.exe

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolone View Post
Anyway, please download the new 1.1.1 and use ATA=nodma in grub options to boot it from VirtualBox, if necessary.
now i installed the version from above link. pipefs problem still there, but now with some more info, look at attached picture. First there was the PIPEFS: (could not found) requester with [retry] and [cancel] button, clicked [cancel] twice so the information on the picture came up.
I installed on a full-formated AROS: (DH0) partition - Extras and Dveleopment tools, went to Work: (dh1) partition - so nothing old should have been left.
tried with virtualbox and vmware. did i got the correct download?

PS: the HDD setup was indeed a bit tricky, took me also a while but managed it somehow. not sure if already done, but maybe you could provide some empty, prepared vmware hdd-image, with an AROS: (dh0) and a Work: (dh1) partition, for example, so poeple intrested, do not have to cope with the hdd-setup

Edit: if its just me reporting this, dont bother that much, just in case someone has an idea. i gonna wait for the next update
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ikaros.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	21221  

Last edited by hit; 04 May 2009 at 19:11.