English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 19 May 2013, 23:29   #1
Photon

History of Graftgold (Amiga game developer) with interviews!

How did I miss this!?

I hold um... that person called Abime... responsible! Grr!

Anyway, here's the link to the articles series.

Good job and how will I find time to read this between not coding and Youtube spreeing???

I found it via the excellent picture below, actually.

Old 19 May 2013, 23:53   #2
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Yes, I have read it months ago, but I agree that Amiga Lore needs more advertisement, almost none knows about it.
Old 20 May 2013, 11:45   #3
Leffmann

Really great interviews and material on Amiga Lore.

I agree that the other Abime sites don't get enough spotlight. I think most people coming to Abime reach EAB first, and are perhaps not even aware of the other sites. Amiga Lore is a bit daunting as well, there's just a whole lot of text and stuff coming at you right on the front page.

Maybe a thin horizontal bar with other Abime sites just underneath the IRC window and EAB logo would make more people aware of them.

BTW Photon, you should write about your stint at Graftgold
Old 20 May 2013, 18:34   #4
Yakumo9275

sweet! gribs day out is one of my fav games. never finished, its huge.
Old 20 May 2013, 21:56   #5
Sektor 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leffmann View Post
Really great interviews and material on Amiga Lore.

I agree that the other Abime sites don't get enough spotlight. I think most people coming to Abime reach EAB first, and are perhaps not even aware of the other sites.

This was certainly true for me, I found EAB first and was here for quite some time before I even started reading Amiga Lore properly. This has since been rectified, of course!
Old 30 May 2013, 14:34   #6
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

RCK has added an Amiga Lore link to the EAB. As Leffmann says many visitors go to EAB or one of the other sites directly and have never visited abime.net itself. The idea of Lore was to act as a portal to all of the websites and to add some new features, such as lists and ratings. Additionally, I incorporated some of the smaller websites, like aGTW and APoV, into the main Lore website.

As well as increasing visitor numbers I need to revisit the website frontend and to make it less like a Windows application. As is probably obvious I'm terrible at website design so if any designer is interested in helping to make it look better then please get in touch!

I also need more help adding content to the website. For example, the encyclopedia and help sections need to be expanded. It also takes a long time to produce the interviews because of the need to track down people, research the questions and write articles.