English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 09 November 2018, 16:39   #361
Zener

Just a first test usingLocomalito's assets
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 13 November 2018, 21:34   #362
Zener

Next version will have a new trigger named Hitstop, used to increase the damage feeling when a hit happens

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 14 November 2018, 13:27   #363
Lemming880

^ nice

Can you add a confirm window when you press on 'New' to prevent losing all progress.

And will you still add a ladder (under tile solidity)?
Old 14 November 2018, 20:20   #364
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zener View Post
Next version will have a new trigger named Hitstop, used to increase the damage feeling when a hit happens

[ Show youtube player ]
Interesting feature.
Old 15 November 2018, 09:10   #365
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

nice work!
Old 15 November 2018, 14:32   #366
Zener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemming880 View Post
^ nice

Can you add a confirm window when you press on 'New' to prevent losing all progress.

And will you still add a ladder (under tile solidity)?
Yes, adding a confirmation for New would be useful, I will add it soon.

About stairs, it was my idea until I saw people doing stairs with triggers, I need to think what could be best
Old 18 November 2018, 20:27   #367
Zener

A new update is out, it contains several changes, like level exits to make easier the development of games based in rooms:

[ Show youtube player ]

Get it from: http://tiny.cc/getredpill

v0.6.8 news and changes:
-About and Settings sections have been merged in Settings.
-New Project now asks for confirmation.
-Only used gameobjects are saved, decreasing the size of the .pill file significantly.
-New cursor design
-Added a Clear Map button to clear the current map.
-In Level menu, you can specify the exits of the map in the 4 directions. The exits point to other level numbers, use -1 to assign no exit.
-Added action trigger Keep on Map to avoid an object getting out of map dimensions.
-Added action trigger Check Exits to check current object against map dimensions and it will trigger the change of level.
-Added 4 action triggers Set Exit <X> to modify the level exits.
-Added Impact action trigger to transmit motion impact from one object to the impacted one.
-Flash Object trigger no longer makes the object blink, it stays in the same color for the length of the flash.
-Change between levels has been modified to avoid a frame with incorrect render at the start of the change.
-Added checks to avoid a crash when the system cannot find the tileset file in the project.
Old 20 November 2018, 09:36   #368
fstltna
Indie Game Dev

Send a message via AIM to fstltna Send a message via Yahoo to fstltna
Great!
Old 21 December 2018, 21:53   #369
d4rk3lf

Thanks for the great app.

One (noobish) question.
I'am playing with some sprite I made (16 colors), and here it how it looks at the moment.
[ Show youtube player ]

(here is the thread link:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=95459 )

However, one I try to load any tile (for example, gravity tile in samples), my character turns into a pile of crazy colored pixels.
like this:

I guess, it's because tiles and sprites are using different color specter.
How to avoid this?
Any tips?
Old 23 December 2018, 09:52   #370
Yoz Montana

@d4rk3lf
Use the same palette for sprites and tiles
Old 23 December 2018, 09:57   #371
Yoz Montana

Hello Zener,

Have you got an exemple to use loop background ?
There is a behavior bug: the background is erased as you scroll down the screen
Old 23 December 2018, 18:44   #372
d4rk3lf

Thanks Yoz Montana, I realized it was something like that.

Here is another test with character
[ Show youtube player ]

Question:
1)When I press (only) down, or (only) up, I also want character anim of walking.
I can do that - no problem.
But how I can make it consider orientation of character? So, if it's turned right - play walk right anim, and opposite for left?

2) I am trying to do some test of simple beat em up game. Do you think I should work in 25 fps or 50 fps project?

Thanks

@Zener
Keep up the awesome work on this. It's amazing.

Edit:
I forgot... Are we able to flip characters sprite horizontally (inside RedPill), or we must make all animations in both directions?
If not, is that something that will be added in the future?

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 23 December 2018 at 19:33.
Old 23 December 2018, 21:06   #373
Zener

Yes, they both need to use the same palette.

But you can also use the remap function when loading the sprites. You may need to switch to 32 colors or more if it still looks bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Thanks for the great app.

One (noobish) question.
I'am playing with some sprite I made (16 colors), and here it how it looks at the moment.
[ Show youtube player ]

(here is the thread link:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=95459 )

However, one I try to load any tile (for example, gravity tile in samples), my character turns into a pile of crazy colored pixels.
like this:

I guess, it's because tiles and sprites are using different color specter.
How to avoid this?
Any tips?
Old 23 December 2018, 21:08   #374
Zener

When you load the sprite sheet, there is a checkbox to tell RP to flip all animations, having the double of frames of course.

You need to make animations for both directions, but you can specify one anim is the mirror of another one (probably I need to improve this function)

If your character moves direction the player will switch automatically both animations. The leading one if the one facing right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Thanks Yoz Montana, I realized it was something like that.

Here is another test with character
[ Show youtube player ]

Question:
1)When I press (only) down, or (only) up, I also want character anim of walking.
I can do that - no problem.
But how I can make it consider orientation of character? So, if it's turned right - play walk right anim, and opposite for left?

2) I am trying to do some test of simple beat em up game. Do you think I should work in 25 fps or 50 fps project?

Thanks

@Zener
Keep up the awesome work on this. It's amazing.

Edit:
I forgot... Are we able to flip characters sprite horizontally (inside RedPill), or we must make all animations in both directions?
If not, is that something that will be added in the future?
Old 23 December 2018, 21:10   #375
Zener

The background image is only meant for static screens without scroll. It is also helpful to use as reference image to put the real tiles on top.

The sprite background could be more useful to you if you want parallax, look at the Astro project, I think I updated it with a background. Sadly this feature requires AGA, at least for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoz Montana View Post
Hello Zener,

Have you got an exemple to use loop background ?
There is a behavior bug: the background is erased as you scroll down the screen
Old 23 December 2018, 21:31   #376
d4rk3lf

Thanks

Quote:
You need to make animations for both directions, but you can specify one anim is the mirror of another one (probably I need to improve this function)
Yes, but if I understand correctly, "mirror anim" option, only reverse the animation frames (instead of going 1,2,3... it goes 10,09,08... etc).
Not flipping the image.
It's definitely very useful option, but if we need to have characters animation in other direction anyways, we can do that manually very quickly in Photoshop, or similar app.
(actually...my test above... didn't had to mirror anim at all... I made it mirror in the sprite sheet itself)

However, if we could have the option to flip the image (horizontally at leasr), that could save us 50% of space on sprite sheet.

Sorry, I am new in all these, so I might talk nonsense.

Either way, I enjoy, and will enjoy this app very much.
Old 02 January 2019, 00:21   #377
xboxown

Zener! THIS IS THE BEST PROJECT FOR AMIGA EVER! I AM IN LOVE WITH THE INTERFACE AND EVERYTHING and it is actually better than all the game maker for Amiga out there. Even the physics and jumping is perfect. PLEASE DO NOT STOP DEVELOPING THIS PROJECT.

Zener....if you can please PM your email address next Friday I will donate to you and every two weeks I will donate to you and I will consider this another bill payment....I JUST WANT TO SUPPORT YOU. PLEASE DO NOT STOP. PLEASE DO NOT STOP! PLEASE!

In the future I hope you can compile your project as a standalone automatically!! Well there be in the future a sprite editor? (I may missed it if it already existed)
Old 02 January 2019, 01:59   #378
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post
Zener! THIS IS THE BEST PROJECT FOR AMIGA EVER! I AM IN LOVE WITH THE INTERFACE AND EVERYTHING and it is actually better than all the game maker for Amiga out there. Even the physics and jumping is perfect. PLEASE DO NOT STOP DEVELOPING THIS PROJECT.

Zener....if you can please PM your email address next Friday I will donate to you and every two weeks I will donate to you and I will consider this another bill payment....I JUST WANT TO SUPPORT YOU. PLEASE DO NOT STOP. PLEASE DO NOT STOP! PLEASE!

In the future I hope you can compile your project as a standalone automatically!! Well there be in the future a sprite editor? (I may missed it if it already existed)
Thanks, Amiga users like you and Amiga Scener like Zener and projects like RedPill makes the Amiga community strong and a community that grow in the right way every day and makes true the slogan of "Only Amiga makes it possible".
Old 02 January 2019, 16:50   #379
Zener

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxown View Post

Many thanks, I feel flattered . The project is going to continue, I am not accepting donations for now, you can show me your support developing some games for our beloved platform

Right now you are not really compiling the games, but you can just rename the Redpillplayer and get rid of the project requester using tooltypes or using the CLI.

I am quoting the procedure from the .guide included:
"1-Create a folder for your game
2-Copy your project to the new folder. Keep the path you had under the REDPILL folder.
3-Copy res folder and REDPILLPlayer to the new folder
4-Try that the game still works using the REDPILLPlayer. You will need to select the game when the requester pops up.
5-You can rename REDPILLPlayer to the name of your game

Avoiding the requester
1-Click on the REDPILLPlayer icon, edit its properties in the Workbench
2-Edit the Icon tooltype named PROJECT, remove the ; at the start and change the path to point to your project .pill file.
For example: PROJECT=projects/mygame/mygame.pill

Making a adf file
1-You need the following libs in you libs folder: asl.library, diskfont.library and mathtrans.library.
2-You need the Assign command in your path
3-Copy all the files in your game folder (the one containing the REDPILLPlayer) to the disk.
4-Edit the disk startup-sequence and add these running the player:
Assign env: ram:
REDPILLPlayer <path to .pill file>

For example: REDPILLPlayer projects/mygame/mygame.pill
"
Old 02 January 2019, 18:15   #380
xboxown

Quote:
Many thanks, I feel flattered . The project is going to continue, I am not accepting donations for now, you can show me your support developing some games for our beloved platform

Right now you are not really compiling the games, but you can just rename the Redpillplayer and get rid of the project requester using tooltypes or using the CLI.

I am quoting the procedure from the .guide included:
"1-Create a folder for your game
2-Copy your project to the new folder. Keep the path you had under the REDPILL folder.
3-Copy res folder and REDPILLPlayer to the new folder
4-Try that the game still works using the REDPILLPlayer. You will need to select the game when the requester pops up.
5-You can rename REDPILLPlayer to the name of your game

Avoiding the requester
1-Click on the REDPILLPlayer icon, edit its properties in the Workbench
2-Edit the Icon tooltype named PROJECT, remove the ; at the start and change the path to point to your project .pill file.
For example: PROJECT=projects/mygame/mygame.pill

Making a adf file
1-You need the following libs in you libs folder: asl.library, diskfont.library and mathtrans.library.
2-You need the Assign command in your path
3-Copy all the files in your game folder (the one containing the REDPILLPlayer) to the disk.
4-Edit the disk startup-sequence and add these running the player:
Assign env: ram:
REDPILLPlayer <path to .pill file>

For example: REDPILLPlayer projects/mygame/mygame.pill
"
eeeeeeeeeeeee!!! You know what would be super cool??! Like I have some suggested ideas/questions.....here goes nothin....

A) Like in this current edition, can a person if hit by a monster trigger an event that makes the player for example have animation of been hit even go fall back or jump and fall down a distance back and cause the character to flash (invincible) for like 30 seconds before flashing (no more invincible) is over?

B) I really loved when I picked that ball (can a person have an animation of picking that ball?) on top of my head. When I throw the ball can it bounce off another wall or bounce of the another ball (and the other ball bounce off from the first ball that hit)?

C) Can a person (right now) have an animation of climbing up or down the ladder?

D) Can a person have (right now) have moving monsters (following a certain path)?

E) Can a person in the future write their own complex monster AI and stick their own customer AI into a monster of their own desire?

F) Can a person export monster AI's to be shared by other communities who then use that AI in their game (the archive of the AI will include a readme.txt to tell the user where each trigger, etc need to be for their monster)?

G) Can a person PROFIT from selling their own custom AI? (That is an enormous incentive for people to use such project when money is feasible)

H) Gamemaker have their own sprite editor...can we have our own sprite editor and make infinite sprites but when it is saved it will be encrypted into a sprite.pll file or something?

I) Can a person make their own audio/music (import/export) their own audio and music and save it in an encrypted file music.pll?

J) Can a person password protect their own source code (project)?

K) Can redpill be more like a programming language (but click and play) like game maker or engine001, or unity more than just predefined condition or glue this and that with huge limitations? Can a person be able to make any type of genra of games up to and including adventure click and play game? (In the future)

One THING I LOVED ABOUT REDPILL IS THE SUPERIOR PHYSICS (jumping, falling, throwing) IF WE CAN EVEN MAKE IT EVEN more superior it opens HUGE DOORS for truly professional games! S.E.U.Ck or whatever it is called socks now in comparison to redpill because of the just the physics redpill have! Heck! Sorry to say..but even coco banana's physic does not come close to redpill's physic! When in one of the demo projects of redpill I picked up that ball and threw it and the way it flew and bounced and rolled....MY BRAIN JUST THREW ENDLESS OF POTENTIAL COOL GAME IDEAS up to and INCLUDING Zombie games, platform adventure games, etc. I was going to jump and scream when I threw the ball into the other ball in hopes the other balls will get knocked off and do it's own physics as the first ball react to hitting the second ball..but when nothing happens my face went back to "Oooh" again! But that game of jumping from platform to platform and seeing monsters and switching to open doors already that demo have opened my brain with some cool ideas...I could make a game like the xbox version of Limbo! When I saw the dialog box tutorial it did open potentials also! I was unsure though in the dialog box if I could have flag event where you need to meet certain conditions and it opens different text or trigger other events like open doors, close doors or provide items for other quests and I am unsure if this version of redpill can do all this for me right now!

L) I have one final question! I want to make a tic tac toe game in redpill just for the heck of making a tic tac toe with computer AI or play against a second player. CAN I DO IT NOW WITH THE LATEST VERSION??!

I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO MAKE TIC TAC TOE....THIS IS FOR ME TO MAKE! I WANT TO MAKE IT AND ASK ZENER TO PUT IT IN THE NEXT RELEASE OF DEMO PROJECTS!!!! SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!

Last edited by xboxown; 02 January 2019 at 18:22.