English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 January 2024, 07:52   #1
cloverskull

So what's the story with AOTL and the Kipper2k keyboards?

The last communication AOTL made regarding the Kipper2k keyboards was on September 2 2022. That's well over a year ago.

So, I guess they have sole distributorship, and they're not selling/distributing. This is really frustrating. It's a great product that a lot of people in the community were interested in.

What happened with AOTL? Once upon a time they built an X5000 for me. Now it looks like they won't deal in any NG Amiga hardware. Why? That doesn't make sense to me either.

@Kipper2k if you're out there, are you able to help solve this keyboard issue at all? Or chime in?
Old 23 January 2024, 22:29   #2
copse

Pretty sure Kipper2k quit the forum over bickering from other hardware developers over whether his design for something was based on theirs and followed their licensing requirements.

I don't know much about him, but it sounded like there were a few of his projects that never eventuated unfortunately. Hopefully he is off out there somewhere making it happen. But the likelihood is that a good part of this encouragement was replies on this forum. hashtag insert shrug emoji.
Old 24 January 2024, 12:36   #3
kriz

Indeed, kipper2k: "Last Activity: 30 September 2023 23:11" .. It was a bad ending, to not agree on (very fair) licensing was not a good sight imho...
Old 26 January 2024, 00:23   #4
Charles Littell

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloverskull View Post
The last communication AOTL made regarding the Kipper2k keyboards was on September 2 2022. That's well over a year ago.

So, I guess they have sole distributorship, and they're not selling/distributing. This is really frustrating. It's a great product that a lot of people in the community were interested in.

What happened with AOTL? Once upon a time they built an X5000 for me. Now it looks like they won't deal in any NG Amiga hardware. Why? That doesn't make sense to me either.

@Kipper2k if you're out there, are you able to help solve this keyboard issue at all? Or chime in?
Well they said back in 22 they had to order more PCB because they miscounted, now ask your self you tell everyone you bought all the parts required to build the keyboards but failed to count the number of PCBs required. They have not said anything not a word about these keyboards since Sept 2 2022, I don't know about anyone else but they have lost all my business!!
Old 28 January 2024, 23:33   #5
qz3fwd

And apparently they haven’t even paid kipper, yet he himself refuses to release the design for competent builder to fill in the void AOTL has created. It is typical Amiga bizzare mess.
Old 29 January 2024, 06:59   #6
BSzili
old chunk of coal

I'm sure they have some kind of contract preventing Kipper from releasing the design. Since AOTL is unreachable and he was here on EAB people sadly took their frustration out on him.
Old 29 January 2024, 13:02   #7
cloverskull

Wow, that's really unfortunate.
Old 01 February 2024, 00:47   #8
Bren McGuire

if you haven't been bitten by kipper2k problems or have not seen anyone having suffered them then you haven't been around much! i think it was pretty naive of anyone to think he could pull this through