English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 23 April 2010, 04:56   #1
kipper2k

My Winuaex setup on Xbox 1

I just finished updating my xbox 1 with the whdload games setting up the game config files. I have them set up so the ones with readme files give the option to display the readmes etc prior to loading the game, Its probably been done before but i havent seen it so i figured i'd share.

Here is video of it working within Winuaex. Next week i hope to get keyboard and mouse setup to the xbox to work with the games that need mouse.

Video was created using the Hauppage HDPVR video capture box (using component input) and the video edited in CamTasia Studio 7. I think the quality is pretty good.

http://www.kipper2k.com/videos/winuaex/winuaex.html

for those of you that are bored and have no life, here is a little video of my cats living the life of luxury complete wih their own servant... me! lol. I know, i got no life either.

http://www.kipper2k.com/videos/kitties/kitties.html

enjoy lol
Old 23 April 2010, 05:50   #2
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Which version of WinuaeX ?
Old 23 April 2010, 09:53   #3
Cammy

Those kitties are adorable

Some day I hope to get a working XBox running an Amiga emulator setup too. Have you tried AmigaSYS on yours? I think it's pretty cool that they made a bundle specifically for XBox.

For anyone who didn't know about it and wants to try it - http://amigasys.condor.serverpro3.com/xbox.html
Old 23 April 2010, 09:58   #4
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Xbox and cats - two of my favourite things!! (and Amiga's of course!)
Old 23 April 2010, 10:38   #5
waal

Hey Kipper2K,

I see we have the same interest. Why don't you join us ?

A new edition of WinuaeX is near ready for release. Madmab and the Rx team are working on this since months now.

The new version has an autoconfig database with CRC recognition for 2000+ adf games and 850+ whdload games created with rare_j's script. The emulator has an automount feature that detects any selected whd file, mounts it to dh1 and then mounts a boot disk in dh0. And now you can select joypad presets for the type of game and customise setting.

We also have a synopsis feature to display text infos, dynamic skin to display dual or triple video preview, customise the UI and so on. You can see [ Show youtube player ]how these new features are applied to 23 of the Xport emus.

We also worked on xtras and regarding the amiga it consists of a "starter kit" containing the videos, artwork, manuals, synopsis for a selection of 325 games. The list will be improved day by day.

We have a site for infos on this project and you can join us on #ressurectionxtras on EFNET for a chat about this.

Last edited by waal; 23 April 2010 at 11:07.
Old 23 April 2010, 12:15   #6
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

I have WinuaeX V16 on my Xbox now, but I have (Apparently) got V17 on my PC HDD.

So Waal, will this include a major default.xbe rewrite to update the code to a newer Winuae source ?
Old 23 April 2010, 13:08   #7
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by waal View Post
A new edition of WinuaeX is near ready for release. Madmab and the Rx team are working on this since months now.
Any core updates? Or is it all lame GUI eye candy?
Old 23 April 2010, 13:10   #8
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
Or is it all lame GUI eye candy?
Lol, makes me bubble every time.
Old 23 April 2010, 13:14   #9
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Surely what everyone was thinking, no?
Old 23 April 2010, 13:21   #10
seuden
uber cool demi god

Personally I'd like to see some real updates to WinUAEX like at least bring it up to WinUAE 2.0 or something but I do also like the "lame GUI eye candy", it makes the experience a lot more enjoyable. Tbh, I'd probably spend more time flicking through the choices of games with their gameplay and tv advert videos than I would playing games.

I see your point tho alexh and I don't think what you posted was in any way wrong, it just makes me hehe.
Old 23 April 2010, 13:59   #11
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by waal View Post
Hey Kipper2K,

I see we have the same interest. Why don't you join us ?

The new version has an autoconfig database with CRC recognition for 2000+ adf games and 850+ whdload games created with rare_j's script. The emulator has an automount feature that detects any selected whd file, mounts it to dh1 and then mounts a boot disk in dh0. And now you can select joypad presets for the type of game and customise setting.

We also have a synopsis feature to display text infos, dynamic skin to display dual or triple video preview, customise the UI and so on. You can see [ Show youtube player ]how these new features are applied to 23 of the Xport emus.

We also worked on xtras and regarding the amiga it consists of a "starter kit" containing the videos, artwork, manuals, synopsis for a selection of 325 games. The list will be improved day by day.

We have a site for infos on this project and you can join us on #ressurectionxtras on EFNET for a chat about this.
I'll check it out. I believe its V16 on my Xbox, there are a few bugs/improvements i would like to see. I'd like to see the default directories all come from within the game dir itself, i did remap it to within the install dir to make it easier to find everything. Also i think there should be a home Dir enable option (same as ftp) that locks the user into their specified game dir once they have set it up so they don't get lost.

I did try to use the savestate function so that the games would load up immediately to the menu page for those games with readme, but the savestate caused errors with the jmenu, haven't found a fix yet. There is also a memory leak too i think as when i was going through the games 1 by 1, winuaex would eventually crash and need to be reloaded. All random, no specific game, just seems like after running so many games it would hang. Not sure if a reset mem function can be implemented to mabbe fix this after exiting a game?

An auto script for config sounds great, i only have about 250 games on the xbox, they are pretty well all the ones i consider worthy but it would be nice to get the whole package done. Its a pretty slow process on my stubby fingers mapping all the whdload folders etc.

One more thing, even though the roms were installed in winuaex some games still complained about kickstarts missing until i put them in the...
whd:devs/kickstarts directory which of course can take up a lot of space when you are talking about a lot of whdload games

example.. the Three stooges (quite a few more too).

edit: ps where is the help key on the popup keyboard ? I was trying to use it for a few games and not sure if that key is mapped ?

Last edited by kipper2k; 23 April 2010 at 14:04.
Old 23 April 2010, 14:12   #12
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Those kitties are adorable

Some day I hope to get a working XBox running an Amiga emulator setup too. Have you tried AmigaSYS on yours? I think it's pretty cool that they made a bundle specifically for XBox.

For anyone who didn't know about it and wants to try it - http://amigasys.condor.serverpro3.com/xbox.html

Hi Cammy,

Once i clone my HD i'll give it a go, i don't want to mess it up after 3 weeks of setting it up. (1TB HDD), i think i would cry if i lost it. I'm really surprised no one found a way to xfer files to and from the xbox other than at ftp speeds. (or did they lol)
Old 23 April 2010, 14:17   #13
seuden
uber cool demi god

I connected the HDD to my PC and transferred everything over that way.
Old 23 April 2010, 14:18   #14
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
I connected the HDD to my PC and transferred everything over that way.
Can the pc read the xbox1 hdd structure ? or is there an app ?
Old 23 April 2010, 14:19   #15
seuden
uber cool demi god

There's an app, can't remember what it was called tho.
Old 23 April 2010, 14:19   #16
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

There is an app
Old 23 April 2010, 14:21   #17
seuden
uber cool demi god

FATX Explorer?
Old 23 April 2010, 14:23   #18
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
FATX Explorer?
thanks, i'll give it a look, i do have it i think, but i thought it was just for "official" 8gig and 10gig drives
Old 23 April 2010, 14:24   #19
seuden
uber cool demi god

Nah, you basically need something that'll read the Fatx file system afaik.
Old 23 April 2010, 14:30   #20
deicidal
Registered Insane

I have used Xplorer 360 in the past and hot swapped because I didnt have the key