English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 March 2009, 19:24   #21
Shoonay
Global Caturator
Shoonay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Porando
Posts: 6,035
And a very nice gesture it was Stingy, well deserved
Don't get me wrong, while kiero's demo was technically impressive (but didn't had much sense ), yours was nostalgically cool.
It took me back to the early 90's, when we've returned home and there she was, our Amiga, awaiting for the floppy disk
Besides, your demo works on my Blizzy030, I wouldn't even dare to run kiero's
Shoonay is online now  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 March 2009, 19:35   #22
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 5,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5h00n4y View Post
And a very nice gesture it was Stingy, well deserved
Don't get me wrong, while kiero's demo was technically impressive (but didn't had much sense ), yours was nostalgically cool.
Don't worry mate, I absolutely agree! Seeing the demo win was quite a WTF?!? experience. As it was just meant as a little reminder of the "good old days" and to celebrate the 20th birthday of the group. Totally not meant to win any compo (even though some neat code is inside ;D).
StingRay is offline  
Old 09 March 2009, 19:39   #23
coze
hastala vista winny vista
coze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: mt fuji
Age: 40
Posts: 1,333
Send a message via ICQ to coze Send a message via Yahoo to coze
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
As I coded the demo that won last year I can assure you that 99% was coded on my real Amiga. Only the last remaining 1% were done at Breakpoint using WinUAE. ;D
Sorry I didn't mean to imply it was done on the WinUAE (thus I was totally off topic, like I still am) sorry dudes, anyway end of this off topic talk.
coze is offline  
Old 10 March 2009, 23:10   #24
Photon
Moderator
Photon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hult / Sweden
Posts: 4,516
If you want to code a normal game or demo, I would say no, use real hardware. From my experience, the timing isn't exact, and also you can mistakenly code effects that work in an emu but fails on a real Amiga.

If you don't care about optimized code or doing cutting edge stuff, or you code for the "demo goes as fast as the cpu goes"/" platform, or you use libraries, then of course an emulator is good enough. Especially WinUAE is pretty close to a real Amiga.
Photon is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amos Pro programming on WinUAE LordNipple Retrogaming General Discussion 26 07 April 2015 14:04
Want to get into programming ami_junkie Coders. General 7 13 May 2009 12:55
Devpac programming WaterTiger support.Apps 24 23 November 2007 17:12
c programming help needed! jonssonj Coders. General 2 25 February 2006 20:00
I need help in C programming please!! Big-Byte Coders. General 6 05 October 2002 12:42

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 20:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.06109 seconds with 15 queries