English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 12 February 2017, 18:01   #721
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by VectrexRoli View Post
Thanks for that hint, I will do further experiments next weekend.
When using "Disable CGX_Aga&Birdie" my WinUAE setup gets stuck after the reboot, on real A4000 hardware it comes up but there I still need to solve the issue first, that I don´t see the full screen on my VGA monitor using the standard 8.7 install image together with my Indivision.
When you use Disable CGXAga&Birdie is better to be using few colors (4 for example) till you install and use RTG settings.

You can rename Sys:WBStartup as Sys:WBStartupDisabled from the S-S and then it will boot as it will be running less programs. You can also disable your current screenmode from the S-S with a delete Sys:Prefs/Env-Archive/Sys/Screenmode.prefs
Old 23 February 2017, 12:07   #722
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

AKReal 8.8 update released.

Read the News thread: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=170

Hi:
You may know that the new Amiga Game Selector 2 plays a random music when you start it on AKReal 8.8.

The script uses EasyMod by Ralph Debusmann and RandomFile by Thomas Rapp.

This is a huge improvement over the new AGS2 and I should say that AGS2 on AKReal has been an improvement over another improvement over another. About the scripts I've got to give a lot of thanks to Cyberhead97.

But I've seen that EasyMod doesn't play all of the mods.

So the program runs perfect but in those cases you won't be listening music.

The solution is to rename those mods that you can find in Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules. For example Axel-Foley.mod to mod.Axel-Foley. That way the script I made using RandomFile (I changed the one of Cyberhead97) won't try to run that mod, but you still can play it with other players like EaglePlayer or HippoPlayer.

The mods that don't play with EasyMod (as they aren't Protracker modules) are:

- Axel-Foley.mod
- BeachVolley_intro.mod
- Lostpatrol.mod
- Silkworm_intro.mod

So you can execute this to rename them all:

Rename >NIL: Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/Axel-Foley.mod TO Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/mod.Axel-Foley
Rename >NIL: Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/Beachvolley_Intro.mod TO Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/mod.BeachVolley_intro
Rename >NIL: Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/Lostpatrol.mod TO Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/mod.LostPatrol
Rename >NIL: Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/Silkworm_intro.mod TO Sys:Utilities/EaglePlayer/Modules/mod.Silkworm_intro

I also attach a script to run this same.

Edit: The Live Update on a real Amiga will take a lot of time. When I say a lot I mean that it will take you about 25 minutes to download the files of the Live Update and when you reboot it will take more than half an hour in which you won't have but an empty screen for a lot of time. Do not worry (if you've got room enough on your HD), prepare a tea or something, it will install it. Notice that we aren't updating 25 or 60Mb like in former updates, but around 110MB as we are installing a lot of screeenshots and things. Of course on WinUAE it takes two minutes or so.

Edit 2: You know that I've posted several times how to make AKReal faster. To resume, just using a small screen, 16 colors, using my 16 Colors Ken's Icons and with MorpheuZ selecting as Visual Themes SilverBlue or SilverGreen as they are faster. In a few days a spanish mate will record a video with that configuration with his Blizzard 1230 and I can promise you that you'll be really very amazed seeing how fast AKReal 8.8 runs with his common and known 030
Attached Files
File Type: zip RenameMods.zip (4.1 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 February 2017 at 02:57.
Old 26 February 2017, 15:39   #723
piana

Hi, I know that it is lame question but I didn't find any answer. How to use big (for example 4Gb) HDF file as a hard drive using emulation under WinUAE? AKReal need 1Gb of HD minimum. I was trying different methods but without results.

Could you please help me?

Old 26 February 2017, 20:06   #724
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, This is a 1,5Gb empty hdf. You can make a copy and add as many as you like. Just copy your WB3.9 BB2 files to it and then you can install the full AKReal on it.

But it's easy to make whatever size you want. Basically you have to know that over 1Gb you have to select "RDB mode".

On WinUAE, "CD & Hard drives" select to "Add Hardfile", then in the lower part where says "New harddisk image file", put the amount of MB you want and click on "Create". Then write a name.hdf for it and finally select in the upper part of the window "RDB mode". Then add the 3.1 Install Disk floppy to "Floppy drives" and (having the new hdf in the upper part of the list of HD's) reboot. Then open the Install 3.1 floppy, HDTools, HDToolbox. Note that HDToolBox, with a right click on it and selecting in the top bar "Icons", "information" has to have in the first line SCSI_DEVICE_NAME=uaehf.device .Then doubleclick on it and then on "Change Drive Type", "Define New", delete "drive definitions" and write "ram:junk" and then click on "Read Configuration", then "Ok", then "Partition Drive", then delete the second partition if you wish and expand the existing one and rename it to DH0 if you like, then "Save changes to drive". When it reboots it will appear as DH0:NDOS, so you quickformat it (also untick Put Trashcan) with the AmiKit name.

For WinUAE you don't need to use but the default FFS to run OS3.9. If you want something faster you could use SFS or PFS3AIO, but on WinUAE they really work at the same speed.
Attached Files
File Type: uae AKReal Configuration.uae (12.6 KB, 195 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 November 2017 at 22:32.
Old 27 February 2017, 01:58   #725
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

So this is the video I commented that a mate has made trying AKReal 8.8 with his A1200/Blizzard 1230. You can see how fast it goes:

[ Show youtube player ]

He doesn't try AGS2 though, as he said that he remembered he used to have problems having internet and running WHDLoad with other OS's, so he closes it, but in fact if that was the case, he could had opened it in any case.

Very great video so many thanks for sharing it

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 February 2017 at 02:46.
Old 27 February 2017, 21:46   #726
piana

Many thanks Retrofan!

I copied files from my disk with Amiga OS 3.1, upgraded successfully to Amiga OS 3.9. Downloaded ROM for Picasso III. Next launched pack with AKReal 8.8. It took a moment, next system asked for reboot.

So now I'm waiting (30 minutes) and watching black screen. Probably it is normal but it will be good to see any message during this operation..

Old 27 February 2017, 23:57   #727
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, in a full install you always see files installing and so, never "a black screen".
Once it asks to reboot and you do so it has to boot. BTW, install Boing Bag 1 and 2.

Have you tried the winuae config I attached?

And also, did your download of the FullInstall file of AKReal finish? Check the size of the one you have, just in case you didn't notice the download wasn't complete for whatever, that can happen.

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 February 2017 at 05:24.
Old 28 February 2017, 19:45   #728
piana

Retrofan,

This is what I did:
1) Install fresh version of AOS 3.1
2) Copied files to your HDF file
3) Upgrade to AOS 3.9
4) Install BB 1 and 2
5) Use your configuration file -> just downloaded Picasso IV ROM to avoid pop-up message and adjust hard disk. Here is my file:
https://mega.nz/#!OAxy1SzC!7EXcT3xFu...lmrEt2vy7y3rx4
6) Upgraded using latest AKReal 8.8. Process finished sucesfully:

Next reboot and black screen all the time...

Old 28 February 2017, 20:45   #729
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Do you see the icon beside "Install". That's what's called a "Readme". If you open it, it won't bite.

Rename System as AmiKit, that's all.
Old 28 February 2017, 23:37   #730
piana

Retfrofan,

Yes, I changed name of disk. It went ok.
Launched and looks fine but when I rebooted once again black screen....

Old 28 February 2017, 23:53   #731
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Insert the Install disk floppy and see if it's named AmiKit, if not, change it. If it booted once it should again.

Also put that HDF in the upper part of the list of HD's and clicking on Properties, check that you've got marked "Read/Write" and "Bootable".

It is possible that after you run it ok then you added another directory or hdf, and you put it in the first place and then the system won't boot (simple as that).

Also I use as kickstart rom the "KS ROM v3.1 (A1200) rev 40.68 (512k) [391773-01/391774-01]". I don't know which is that Kick.rom you've got.

BTW this is a video that shows how easy is the WinUAE installation:

[ Show youtube player ]

(For spanish people): Es que después de ver el video te quedas como un gato haciendo UFFFFFF

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 March 2017 at 04:07.
Old 04 March 2017, 05:08   #732
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Oops!. I think that I did it again

[ Show youtube player ]

Well, maybe that wasn't the right video, sorry

Well, if I am wrong (I'm getting old), just to tell that I've started the AKReal 8.9 update. I've made right now a new script that will let you start iGame while listening a random mod (just like AKReal's AGS2).

Of course the music stops when you close iGame. Thanks a lot to Cyberhead97 again.

I believe this is the right one. Moderators, stay calm

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 March 2017, 18:35   #733
RON

I have installed Amikit on 2 different Linux systems Ubuntu and Mint with FS-UAE. I followed the instructions at https://fs-uae.net/installing-amikit-in-fs-uae. Inspite of what it says, it works if you add one last step. After the install is done, It will give you a software error. Shut down the FS-UAE, go to place where you put the Amikit as a hard drive. Open file Amikit Libs. Look fore bgui. library. Note it does not have a another file called BGUI.library.uaem. Copy any other uaem file, I used aml.library.uem, to your desk top and rename it BGUI.library.uaem. Copy that back to Amikit libs. Restart FS-UAE and Amikit. You should be good to go. Be aware it takes a long time to load. 3 to 5 minutes.

Old 10 March 2017, 18:41   #734
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ron this thread is for AKReal support, you should use the AmiKit support forum for that version.

http://forum.amiga.sk/
Old 15 March 2017, 03:19   #735
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I would like to have some post with your opinion about the update. I don't mind if it's emulated or real miggy.

I don't mind to wait though.

Last edited by Retrofan; 15 March 2017 at 04:09.
Old 17 March 2017, 18:23   #736
Romanujan

Is it possible to download the AKReal from anywhere? I have found the download link (https://www.psytrance.sk/amikit/real/AKReal8.php) on the project home page (http://real.amiga.sk/downloads.htm) - but the link is dead.
Old 18 March 2017, 00:58   #737
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Thanks, yes, I've received some PM too. There has to be some kind of problem, I hope it will be fixed soon and I will tell.

Edit: In 1 minute. It is working now
Old 08 April 2017, 02:34   #738
Nightfox

Enabling copper demon causes my A1200 to freeze when booting. I don't even know what copper demon is but I thought I'd turn it on and experiment but it just breaks the system. I fixed it by commenting out copper demon in user-startup

Also I use scalos and in scalos settings 9 times out of 10 when I select a new wallpaper the system freezes

Last edited by Nightfox; 08 April 2017 at 03:03.
Old 08 April 2017, 11:24   #739
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredbanana View Post
Enabling copper demon causes my A1200 to freeze when booting. I don't even know what copper demon is but I thought I'd turn it on and experiment but it just breaks the system. I fixed it by commenting out copper demon in user-startup

Also I use scalos and in scalos settings 9 times out of 10 when I select a new wallpaper the system freezes

It doesn't have to crash.
First what it is. It is a copper background thought to replace your wallpaper and windows background using less chip and running faster.

Do not install it manually. Use MorpheuZ to install it. Click on MorpheuZ, Preferences, CopperDemon. The same to uninstall it, use again MorpheuZ.

When you install it with Scalos you've got to disable the wallpaper and windows background (if you want), because they will look wrong with the copper effect.
To disable them make a right click on the top bar, "Tools", then Scalos, Prefs.
On Patterns, Default tab, change all the options to "none". The first three ones are actually using 1, none, 3.

If you want to add a new wallpaper on Scalos, you've got to use the Scalos Prefs and in "Pattern List", New, add another. Then change its number for example to 2. Then in the Default tab select it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 April 2017 at 01:47.
Old 08 April 2017, 17:09   #740
Nightfox

But I was using MorpheuZ to install copper demon. After I did that, it caused the system to become unbootable.