English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 03 November 2015, 10:18   #181
amuleth

Gameplay preview (I think quite faithful to the original): [ Show youtube player ]
Old 03 November 2015, 10:36   #182
TCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuleth View Post
Gameplay preview (I think quite faithful to the original): [ Show youtube player ]
I like your sarcasm.
Old 03 November 2015, 10:57   #183
amuleth

No sarcasm. I was skeptical at first but at this point I don't see any reason to ignore that they did an impressive job. They kept the tribal, other worldly feeling, even same color variety at the forest section and they didn't miss the well, although it was a small section in the original. Yeah, it's a quite faithful remake literally. I hope anyone wasn't expecting 80's gameplay style.
Old 03 November 2015, 11:03   #184
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Those overhead spining stars are more than annoying
Old 03 November 2015, 11:36   #185
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
No sarcasm. I was skeptical at first but at this point I don't see any reason to ignore that they did an impressive job. They kept the tribal, other worldly feeling, even same color variety at the forest section and they didn't miss the well, although it was a small section in the original. Yeah, it's a quite faithful remake literally. I hope anyone wasn't expecting 80's gameplay style.
but where are all the weirdly wonderful things to dodge? This shows a 2d walk in the field simulator with press-X-to-punch gameplay.

I am absolutely adoring the atmosphere, that much is true.
Old 03 November 2015, 12:23   #186
TCD

Quote:
Yeah, it's a quite faithful remake literally. I hope anyone wasn't expecting 80's gameplay style.
'Faithful' means 'looks like it' then? Interesting approach. I couldn't care less for a SotB remake personally, but they didn't even try to make anything interesting out of the original. This is a pseudo 2D beat 'em up with extra gore (that's certainly not faithful to the original) and they gave the beast wolverine claws for the extra kick. Sorry, but this isn't faithful to the game(s) at all and it doesn't stand out as an interesting new game idea either.
Old 03 November 2015, 12:30   #187
s2325
Zone Friend

I think if he was slave he should not have "wolverine claws".
Old 03 November 2015, 13:47   #188
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
He should not be on the loose either, so we can assume the claws are obtained during the escape.
Old 03 November 2015, 13:57   #189
Vot

Shadow of the Beast 4 for PS4

Im sorry but i think it looks like a polished turd. Looks all shiny but its still just shit.

Modern effects, but i don't like the artistic style at all and im yet to be sold on the gameplay. In my opinion sotb3 was by far the best of the series. Great puzzles, gfx and atmosphere...

This remake looks like a generic button mash hack and slash. Its not moody and atmospheric or look like it has clever puzzles. Its more "dark" and "gory" and i don't like the over bearing splatter sfx in the trailer.
Old 03 November 2015, 17:56   #190
amuleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
Why shouldn't? (Goat hornes are ok?) He was transformed into beast for agility and strength as a warrior messenger. There is no limit for fantasy. Also the claws have a purpose, he can use them for climbing.

Last edited by amuleth; 03 November 2015 at 18:23.
Old 03 November 2015, 19:05   #191
john1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
Im sorry but i think it looks like a polished turd. Looks all shiny but its still just shit.

Modern effects, but i don't like the artistic style at all and im yet to be sold on the gameplay. In my opinion sotb3 was by far the best of the series. Great puzzles, gfx and atmosphere...

This remake looks like a generic button mash hack and slash. Its not moody and atmospheric or look like it has clever puzzles. Its more "dark" and "gory" and i don't like the over bearing splatter sfx in the trailer.
Exactly. It's a boring brawler. There are millions on PS2/3/4/Xbox. This is brawler #2342344 to add to the library. Enjoy.
Old 03 November 2015, 19:52   #192
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vot View Post
They're trying to make it appealing to nowadays' kids. If you don't exterminate everything in sight then the game is boring for them (I suppose Minecraft is the one big exception to that)
Old 03 November 2015, 20:06   #193
amuleth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
They're trying to make it appealing to nowadays' kids. If you don't exterminate everything in sight then the game is boring for them (I suppose Minecraft is the one big exception to that)
Yeah, same thing for the original then.

They made it appeal to attract the kids of the day with shiny graphics, without making a proper gameplay.
Old 03 November 2015, 21:10   #194
Gzegzolka

I like that fields of green, they look moody even if I'm not much interested in this game.
Old 11 January 2016, 16:35   #195
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Apparently the PS store has revealed that the release of SOTB is going to be the 2nd of March, costing ~20 bucks. Well at least they don't charge full AAA 50-60 bucks for it

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1139000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
The Minecraft devs don't seem to agree, the next update (1.9) is fully focused on making mobs harder to fight, to really up the challenge of the game
Old 18 January 2016, 16:51   #196
jamielemon
Zone Friend

I still think we might be pleasantly surprised by this. The latest bunch of screenshots on the PSN store look pleasantly SOTB-like, with lush green fields and distant alien mountains, unlike the trailer where everything looked brown and desert-like (don't think any of the classic Beast games had a desert environment).
But also the fact that the guy making it is a lifelong Beast fan and has said that making a new Beast was the fulfillment of a childhood dream, makes me somewhat optimistic.
Nice to see that it's got a budget price, too. I'm hoping for something short an sweet that will give me a bit of a nostalgia kick while also hopefully being a fun game in its own right. Can't be that difficult?
Obviously, a major deciding factor, will be if they get the music right! I would absolutely love it if it has remixes of the original tunes, or at least new tunes which take cues from them, or utilize sections of the original score.
Old 18 January 2016, 17:11   #197
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

I`m hoping the final climax of the game involves punching a giant demons toenail.
Old 19 January 2016, 02:11   #198
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofchaos View Post
I`m hoping the final climax of the game involves punching a giant demons toenail.
Good luck with that...
Old 12 March 2016, 12:43   #199
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Are they having serious problems with this release?

Release date put back AGAIN to 17th May........
Old 12 March 2016, 12:49   #200
kamelito
Zone Friend

I didn't read all the thread but have seen a journalist saying that the original game is also included.
Kamelito