English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Games images which need to be WHDified

Old 04 March 2004, 11:09   #1
nzo
WHD/oldskool maniac

Network: Synthesis install improvements

I've requested install for this demo. Jff done the job, but with no luck, at least on my config. The situation is the following:
(I have an A4000 with CSPPC+060 combo.)

1. trying with A4000 slave (the same errors with A1200 slave)
the demo hangs up randomly
I. credit part (just at the beginning), music stops playing, but the flashes are still visible at the border of the screen
II. tunnel effect (after the network style screen) with a star form, the demo hangs up

2. trying with A4000 slave+CHIPCACHE option (the same errors with A1200 slave+CHIPCACHE option)
at the zooming+rotating screen (with Network and Synthesis texts on it) the demo hangs up, but the music plays forward

This was the situation without the whdload.slave too on this machine. I've tried with/without CACHE/NOCACHE options but the problem is the same. I'm sad because this demo rocks. This is my and my fiancee's favourite demo It ran fine on Blizzard 1260. I like to do the betatesting.

Please help!!!
regards, enzo
Old 14 March 2004, 22:32   #2
Captain HIT

Re: Network: Synthesis install improvements

Quote:
Originally posted by enzo
I've requested install for this demo. Jff done the job, but with no luck, at least on my config. The situation is the following:
(I have an A4000 with CSPPC+060 combo.)

1. trying with A4000 slave (the same errors with A1200 slave)
the demo hangs up randomly
I. credit part (just at the beginning), music stops playing, but the flashes are still visible at the border of the screen
II. tunnel effect (after the network style screen) with a star form, the demo hangs up

2. trying with A4000 slave+CHIPCACHE option (the same errors with A1200 slave+CHIPCACHE option)
at the zooming+rotating screen (with Network and Synthesis texts on it) the demo hangs up, but the music plays forward

This was the situation without the whdload.slave too on this machine. I've tried with/without CACHE/NOCACHE options but the problem is the same. I'm sad because this demo rocks. This is my and my fiancee's favourite demo It ran fine on Blizzard 1260. I like to do the betatesting.

Please help!!!
regards, enzo

What happends when the demo hangs like you described it?
Doesn't WHDLoad quit back to Workbench? If it does, then you can save the registers and that will help the author to check it out.
If it doesn't exit to Workbench, then put the following tooltypes into the demos icon:
SNOOP
MMU
COREDUMP

If the demo hangs at the special part you mention, then just press the exit key, it will save again the registers to a file.

It saves to the dir where WHDLoad exe resides (here it is SYS:C) if not set up different.

Send the .whdload_register file to JOTD and maybe he will take another look.

Old 15 March 2004, 09:10   #3
jrom
Wannabe asm coder ;)

I haven't managed to run this demo either... it always hangs just after the introduction (before starting up the second part).
Old 18 March 2004, 09:29   #4
nzo
WHD/oldskool maniac

Re: Re: Network: Synthesis install improvements

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain HIT
What happends when the demo hangs like you described it?
Doesn't WHDLoad quit back to Workbench? If it does, then you can save the registers and that will help the author to check it out.
If it doesn't exit to Workbench, then put the following tooltypes into the demos icon:
SNOOP
MMU
COREDUMP
The demo just hangs up.
WHDLoad doesn't quit back to WB.
Adding this three tooltypes (and w/o the CHIPCACHE option) the demo runs till the end!!! It's very strange.
After this I've tried again with some minor modifications:
1. without COREDUMP it hangs up
2. without MMU it hangs up too (even it is on by default on 060 processors AFAIK)

So I can watch this demo only if COREDUMP is enabled
Old 20 March 2004, 01:39   #5
Captain HIT

Weird!

But i am happy to hear it works at last

Old 23 June 2018, 12:33   #6
turrican3
Moon 1969 = amiga 1985

i make it works with winuae but it wasn't easy !!!
And i can prove it !!! :