English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 21 February 2024, 19:52   #1
blatboy

Noob q:command line FS-UAE call (Mac)

Hi there. Please pardon the basic question…

Starting to dive into some simple C development using vbcc on an M2 Mac. Right now the target machine is A500/1.3

What would be the simplest quickest command line call from the shell to launch FS-UAE to load and run an executable with standard output via a CLI. Seems I wouldn’t need to load workbench… it takes so much time to load everything up for simple testing.

And if this is a can of worms, I know I can do more homework on the subject. I’m starting to get a little brain freeze. I’m happy I’ve got vbcc more or less set up and working for the target machine. Once I understand how to test quickly in an emulator, I can finally get to coding haha.

Thanks!

Last edited by blatboy; 21 February 2024 at 20:16.
Old 21 February 2024, 20:06   #2
blatboy

Also, I do realize you can load a configuration… I my brain isn’t figuring out a way to set up a configuration without loading WB. I suppose you could boot with a floppy that only boots to a CLI, of course, that ADF would have to be edited to contain the executable. I’m curious if there is a way to send whatever executable directly hopefully without extra steps.

I have been spoiled by emulator integration on CBM Prog studio when I’m developing for the 64/PET haha. Just hit F5 to test.
Old 21 February 2024, 20:29   #3
blatboy

One more thought:

I do have Parallels installed on this machine…with WinUAE installed. Would WinUAE be more flexible? Being that I know the Windows side would have access to the executable, in theory I could just do my testing calls from a power shell/cmd prompt?

Sorry for my incessant caffeinated think-typing.
Old 24 February 2024, 17:44   #4
blatboy

I think I have a plan. Thank you weiju for your informative videos. . (I wish I could tag him here haha)

[ Show youtube player ]

Around 13:00 the config file is listed. Seeing that one I think I get it. I’m sure I’ll be back if I have questions.