English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.aGTW

Old 06 December 2005, 13:44   #1
derSammler

Biosphere

Here's something interesting: The PC game "Genewars" from Bullfrog, which was released in late 1996, was originally started on Amiga under the name "Biosphere". The development was funded by Electronic Arts. Randall Ho did all the art/animation/design on it from July 1991 to December 1993.

Maybe you can find more information based on this. I've got two very old screenshots of the game when it was still called "Biosphere". I'm not sure if they represent the Amiga version, however.

[edit]
I've attached one of the two screenshots.

Last edited by derSammler; 17 May 2007 at 17:05.
Old 07 December 2005, 15:17   #2
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

The name rings a slight bell, I think it might've been mentioned around the time of the CD32, (recall The One running a few previews of would-be releases & think this was one of them). Of course they also mentioned Magic Carpet,& given the limitations of the standard A1200's,(lack of byte-per-pixel chip for the 3D etc.),along with the bankruptcy,it would've undoubtedly killed off any thoughts of an Amiga release. By the time of Syndicate/Theme Park they were really starting to develop primarily with the PC in mind. Whether they'd actually started conversion work as opposed to "announce" possible translations,by a desperately optimistic Amiga press,(remember D.O.T.T. for the CD32?), is another matter.