English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 22 September 2012, 10:39   #41
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ok, thank you very much PeterK. Anyway as I told you I never would have noticed it as yesterday I was using it for real and I was having 82% of free chip (and that's with HighGFX, with Superplus is around 85%).
Ok, so now I will delete it, but I've got curiosity as you say for such a "big memleak"...
Tried right now. It stays with the same free chip after booting with or without it enabled: 1642648, no difference at all. Another thing is that PowerIcon could be giving some other problem of incompatibility.
Edit: Yes, I've got the same chip ram, but 1% more free, so I'm gaining with the other.
Another thing is that till the software update of the indivision will be available it's very hard to be using HighGfx, as after only some minutes it starts having vertical bars, worse as long as I keep using it. BUT as Gibs said, disabling FBlit it seems to stay right or at least for longer. I'll have to try .

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 September 2012 at 20:09.
Old 22 September 2012, 10:45   #42
PeterK

PowerIcons was eating up all the FastMem first. As long as that happened the ChipMem didn't go down. But when all FastMem was consumed by PowerIcons it started to kill the ChipMem too. Usually, PowerIcons has really no memleak, but it doesn't like to work with DOpus Magellan II as it is clearly stated in the readme from Elena Novaretti.

Last edited by PeterK; 22 September 2012 at 10:51.
Old 22 September 2012, 11:08   #43
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Really I shoudn't have used it and less without reading the manual. Now I will try updating also your library, but as you said surely I won't notice anything.

Edit: This is the wallpaper I'm going to use for HighGfx. It isn't rar, but that I can't upload an iff file. Rename it to iff.
Edit: Now it seems I've configured SongPlayer to play fast in the miggy. It was working right in WinUAE though.
The ham videos I did are huge in screen size, but the sound was only good in WinUAE. I will have to remake them.
Edit: Videos working right now for real.
But... SongPlayer doesn't play as fast as it should. I think it's all a fault of not having ACATune working. In another CWB39 it plays better.
Attached Files
File Type: rar aqua_di_gioia_iii_1024x819.rar (188.5 KB, 179 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 October 2012 at 18:27.
Old 23 September 2012, 00:22   #44
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
never really been a fan of opus5

was simple edit out opus 5 thoug and put loadwb in SS, no probs so far, well apart from icons haveing no text you can see but a quick drive by the fonts prefs sorted that out.

also ACA I dont have ACA so that went as well hehehehe ;;;;;;;;;;;;;

EDIT:

what are the "_UAEFSDB.___" files for ? as there are nearly 4000 of them, Ive deleted them at moment as then dont seem to do anything useful

Last edited by cosmicfrog; 23 September 2012 at 05:45.
Old 24 September 2012, 18:17   #45
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

So cosmicfrog, mate you've done a disaster with my version. This is how it should be:

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: Today has been released ACATune17 and now it recognizes the ACA, so I've got some mips more.
Also I've changed Songplayer to load first in ram, and changed the priority, and now seems to work better, but isn't perfect yet.

Last edited by Retrofan; 25 September 2012 at 19:58.
Old 25 September 2012, 17:26   #46
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post

was simple edit out opus 5 thoug and put loadwb in SS, no probs so far, well apart from icons haveing no text you can see but a quick drive by the fonts prefs sorted that out.....
A very reasonable and intelligent modification, IMHO. Nothing is more compatible and faster than the original Workbench

Btw, the _UAEFS.... files are required for WinUAE only.
Old 25 September 2012, 17:31   #47
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
A very reasonable and intelligent modification, IMHO. Nothing is more compatible and faster than the original Workbench

Btw, the _UAEFS.... files are required for WinUAE only.
Yes I know. There is a lot of rubbish like that anyway, libraries to delete, and some program too.

Edit: Now I noticed that I had left the Fast Ata disabled. Now it's working at Pio 3, but I must fix a problem with the Cf Hd, as I get messages of DH0 attempt outside partition if I try to use Pio4.

Last edited by Retrofan; 26 September 2012 at 00:23.
Old 25 September 2012, 19:23   #48
Amiten
Banned

Retrofan Amikit

Congratulations Retrofan! I have my A1200 Runing Your Mod of Amikit real good in my ACA1230/42

I take a Sandisk CF 8GB partition in 3,8GB SFS for the SYS run very well quicker i think than FFS and another 2 partition in FFS for APPS & Multimedia
at the moment I dont´t Change nothing I check with time What I can Add to this Amazing Distro for our forget machines

I try on my A1200 68060 Apollo but RamLibs and others Crash appears ,gonna be amazing if is posible to run in a plenty Ram machine 68060 and the super resolution of indivision AGA MKII any IDEA how to modify your distro to make usable on this cain of AMIGAs?...

Cheers mate...
Old 25 September 2012, 19:44   #49
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, you should first think if you want it to use 16 or more colors.
If you want more you could try with the real Amikit, disable the WBStartup and leave only what I left, and try using my s-s and user-startup and surely copying C, monitors and... better see this guide:

http://amikit.amiga.sk/download/misc...real_Amiga.pdf

If you just want it with 16 colors running right you can rename Libs and Datatypes and put your owns from another system you've got running, and copying the ones you don't have from the real Amikit.

Another thing: about the version I sent you, you should disable or better delete Power Icons at the end of the s-s, and songplayer needs adjustments to play right. Also the ham videos were recorded with 24fps, and it's too much for the miggy and the sound. The last I've made plays right with 22fps (yes, I know you have made your own tutorial). You should use or smart file system or Professional File System, that is the best and faster.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...+install+guide

Edit: 3,8Gb for the first partition? That's too much. Never use more than 1Gb. Mine has around 850mb.
Ah, and check ACATune -status. Surely it isn't working. Install the latest (yesterday) ACATune v1.7 http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=55059&page=65

Edit: Yes, my diary, Lol. SongPlayer works almost perfect with the Fast Ata at Pio3 and now that I'm using the ACATune V1.7. Well, it could work better, with Scopes even if I can use at least Pio 4. Pio 3 is around 5Mb/s, and Pio 4 around 8Mb/s. Pio 5 around 10Mb/s. I've just bought an 8Gb Sandisk Cf. Also I've changed the mobo. The vertical bars I was having after a time using HighGFX seem (still is soon to tell, but) a problem of the mobo.

Editing my diary: Yes, the vertical bars of the Indi are now something of the past. Today I've had good news that I will tell in a time. I've got Voyager V3 working really nice with my setup, and I've been installing Shapeshifter to work really well, although still coudn't get it to connect Internet. Today I've changed the Help of WB2000, as it wasn't working right. Now it opens right with IBrowse.

Edit: This is important. I'm doing (starting) now all from the beginning. I want to make an Amikit 16 Colors just like the original 1.6.2 (well, more or less), without so much "improvements" of mine; just like it should be. Well, when you use only 16 colors and no FPU you lose some things, so I think I must use anothers to gain that way. I've began an installation over a fresh Amikit and the good news are that I've got less problems with Enforcer. Now even Morpheuz works. The bad news are that I don't know where I was getting so much chip ram with the other (really, that's incredible).

Edit: Jeje. I've got now 1.777.000 (around) chip mem. It was I hadn't installed right CyberBugfix. Still a little less than in the other, but I believe enough.
This new Amikit 16 colors is very similar to the original one; not so beautiful as my last, but more "original".

Edit: Now another song to choose while booting, although it has to be very short. Right now I'm installing this new Amikit in a Sandisk CF to try it. I think that if it goes right I'll make another video.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 November 2012 at 01:53.
Old 26 September 2012, 09:43   #50
paulo_becas

I can't wait to try the final version of your modded Amikit.
Really top class work.

Old 06 November 2012, 21:43   #51
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:

was simple edit out opus 5 thoug and put loadwb in SS, no probs so far, well apart from icons haveing no text you can see but a quick drive by the fonts prefs sorted that out.

Just to tell that now my Amikit runs perfectly MorpheuZ, so I can select in 2 seconds (and a reboot) to change it to use Magellan or Scalos or Workbench, as you like.

The only problem I've got now is a message booting Scalos (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=66526) , but it runs perfectly anyway.

Video:

[ Show youtube player ]

Ah, and take a look at the final seconds of the video how fast the icons are shown.

Edit: I've fixed Scalos. Don't ask me how; just an hour later after the video. Now I've got no pen allocated (0/16) and all is ok, without any message and the images right.

Edit: I've left 3 pens that work, so now everything looks fine (the colors of the letters viewing the drawers by name weren't right before). Today I've had to remake all the menus of Scalos, as they weren't the same of Amikit, dunno why, so I've made them manually and now they are just like the original. What's left? Perhaps to change some library to avoid some problems using Enforcer, but they aren't so much like at the beginning. Tomorrow I think I will install it again in my Cf to see how all works for real.

Last edited by Retrofan; 10 November 2012 at 02:38.
Old 11 November 2012, 00:24   #52
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

been out of it for a while, glad see you still active with this
Old 12 November 2012, 01:00   #53
paulo_becas

So when do you think you can have this ready for the guys? I'm really curious about it and can't wait to try it on my 1200.
Old 12 November 2012, 14:12   #54
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Still something important can be improved. I was thinking in changing the Themes Amikit has (using MorpheuZ), that although remapped to 16 colors, only BlackChrome looks good (but could be improved).

Edit: I've included Rebel's skins (SilverBlue and SilverGreen) in the MorpheuZ menu. I've left them as the others are, and with a message telling Mod of Theme by Rebel_CD32 as I'm using AmiKit's logos. I would like him to tell me if he likes it.

I also have to see if I can change the 24bits Themes to work as the others (actually they don't work, they use afa prefs).

New video:

[ Show youtube player ]

Edit: Now I've deleted/disabled the option for 24bit Themes, as they can't work. Anyway they aren't necessary, what I would need are better Themes than the existing in Classic themes.

Edit: Today I've remade all the top screen Scalos menus to be the same of Amikit, although I've left an option for undo and redo as I think they are great, changed the Shut down to Reboot, and I've remade all of the Gui prefs of the Themes, as they are wrong in Amikit; they must have a difference of 2 points between Border Sizes, top/bottom (I use 8) and Titlebar Height (6). You notice that when you open IBrowse for example; if it's wrong it won't show the letters and images starting and closing IBrowse, like it happens in Amikit.

Edit: I've disabled from MorpheuZ 5 Themes, as they don't look nice. I always can add more if someday Rebel_CD32 wants to share any other. BTW I'm trying to get in contact with him and I can't.

Last edited by Retrofan; 17 December 2012 at 00:49.
Old 16 November 2012, 20:32   #55
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

well I`ve got it to boot in winuae, can I ask you to add the dblPal monitor driver as that the one i use most of the time 640x512 No flicker

I going try it on my A2000 040 but first problem is the boot picture, it seems to want an aga machine. For the time being I`ve just commented out Bootscreen from startup-sequence but it be nice if this could be solved
Old 16 November 2012, 22:47   #56
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
well I`ve got it to boot in winuae, can I ask you to add the dblPal monitor driver as that the one i use most of the time 640x512 No flicker

I going try it on my A2000 040 but first problem is the boot picture, it seems to want an aga machine. For the time being I`ve just commented out Bootscreen from startup-sequence but it be nice if this could be solved

Thanks a lot for trying it. Well, you just have to open AmiKit:Storage/Monitors and copy it to AmiKit: Devs/Monitors, just like in whatever System, and reboot so you can select it later. It's better not to store much monitors options in the Devs/Monitors as it uses some memory. And 640x512?? Man that's too small. Don't you have an Indi ECS? Christmas is coming...

If Bootscreen doesn't work in your A2000 just make what you've done, just comment it and it will boot faster even. I can't make an special version just for ECS, but if you find a program like BootScreen that works with it I could try, but I've just installed PicBoot from Aminet, and it works on AGA, but with ECS Agnus it was booting without picture and later wrong colors, so better just disable it. If you know any boot picture program that works with ECS tell me. I suposse that if you install AmigaSYS you have the same problem with the boot picture. And wait a little and I'll send you later the latest mod I've done.

BTW are you using FPU? I want to know if it works with it. Paulo Becas is going to try it too.

Edit: If you want a booting picture with ECS you can install BootPicture in Aminet. It works. BUT... you can't choose any other picture but the one it has. It's an easy install, just a file to copy to C and C:BootPicture after setpatch (where my BootScreen is, disabling it). I haven't found any other program.

Edit: Now using OS3.9 BB2 (before I was using OS3.5) and everything keeps running fine. I have to say that Workbench 2000 has some enforcer hits, but I've tried it with CWB39 and it has the same hits, so it must be a problem of the program itself, but nothing that doesn't let it run, and fine I tell you (yes, you won't be running winuaeenforcer using Amikit normally). Since a time ago I can use my Amikit with or without FPU in WinUAE, but I prefer to leave only the programs that run right without it.

Edit: I'm planning to try my latest Amikit with my A1200-BPPC/BVision tomorrow or soon... (yes, it deserves it's own version, it's just to try it).

Last edited by Retrofan; 28 November 2012 at 02:51.
Old 17 November 2012, 02:42   #57
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

yep everything u said

fpu works in winuae still waiting for the files copy over so I can try it on the A2000
Old 27 November 2012, 13:26   #58
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Curious, very curious. I was going to try my latest version now using OS39 BB2 and updated to Amikit 1.6.3 (well, just a couple of things from it). It works perfect in WinUAE. I install it in my Sandisk 8Gb Cf HD in my Amiga/ACA/Fast ATA and...

Software failure
Press Left mouse button...
Error: 80000 00004 Task: 08016B38

I've tried everything, reinstalling it again, changing PFS3aio to PFS3ds... nothing, and this Sandisk Cf was working with another Amikit version before.

OK. I take another Cf Hd, Trascend 8Gb, make the same copy to it, exactly the same, the same file system... And it BOOTS perfectly. ???

OK, now I take the Sandisk Cf and disable all the part for Scsi update and I keep only SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES "scsi.device" QUIET... and now it BOOTS without problems.

BUT in the Trascend I have all that part I've disabled here untouched.
What happens?

Edit: This is the s-s:
; $VER: Startup-Sequence_AmiKit OS3.9
; Startup-Sequence for AmigaOS 3.9 + AmiKit (by Jan Zahurancik ©2005-2008)

C:Safe RENRAM OWNOUT MOUNTSIZE=6684 ;Checks for viruses

C:morelibspace
;If EXISTS C:SquirrelSCSI
; C:SquirrelSCSI
;EndIf

;Set SCSIUpdate 1
;If EXISTS C:IDEFix
; C:IDEFix
; Set SCSIUpdate 0
;EndIf
;If EXISTS SYS:Expansion/XSurfIDE
; Set SCSIUpdate 0
;EndIf
;If EXISTS SYS:Prefs/Env-Archive/NOSCSIUPDATE
; Set SCSIUpdate 0
;EndIf

;If $SCSIUpdate EQ 1
; SetPatch QUIET
;Else
SetPatch SKIPROMUPDATES "scsi.device" QUIET
;EndIf
;Unset SCSIUpdate

All that commented is uncommented and working with the Trascend.

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 November 2012 at 13:45.
Old 27 November 2012, 14:49   #59
Amiten
Banned

amikit for Real Amiga

Congratulations Again Retrofans for this amazing Amikit For Real Amiga

how you know I cant wait for a version who can run in my Amiga 060 at the moment all my try to loading in this machine alls fault

I tell you I have installed the first release you made with the 2 partitions apps and multimedia for me this version its the best! work very fine in my Aca 1230/42mhz also reconigsed the Aca and I can put in Turbo mode so I get some little speed translate in a smooth system runing. (dont like the needed of have this 2 partitions apps/mult for runing this version but its ok).

The others version you send me well its good because more quick are runing but never I cant mount the PCMCIA card with no one of this only 1 partition versions. and pcmcia its very important for me. I dont use any more any of thats version.

Tell you my animos to you for continue develop this work and get a final version who can runing in more Real Amiga models with or without FPU and of course Apollo or blizzard 68060 because how I say for me no one version of all you made can runing in my apollo 68060 even copy libs, devs and others mods maybe i need some help to do this job but i think one day you made a brillant copy for all systems.

Best regards
Amiten.
Old 27 November 2012, 15:06   #60
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Dear Amiten: what happens is very easy. In the first version I gave you to try it it had the PCmcia software installed. All you have to do is install it in this latest. I didn't make it because the program I've got to install it isn't shareware. For what I think CWB doesn't have either the Pcmcia software installed, if I remember correctly. If you liked the other partitions, keep them and just format and install the latest, and later install for example Adapcmcfl from Amigakit: http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...roducts_id=440

Last edited by Retrofan; 27 November 2012 at 23:31.