English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 11 July 2004, 10:13   #381
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistin'Ghost
I seem to remember having Cubit from the old days [...] It's probably trapped on one of those legendary tapes.
Well, speaking of which, when are we eventually going to see the contents you preserved on these electromagnetic treasure chests?
Old 11 July 2004, 11:55   #382
Galaxy

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge, the MIA list at the beginning of this thread is current. I pop in every couple of months or so and make changes.

So, Cubit got posted? Any chance for a re-up?
No, Cubit was not posted, nor any of the other games I mentioned (as far as I am aware). And yes, I was the one that subitted the cover scan for Cubit. And no, I still can't locate the original (although I am considering contacting Pather games, which is based about 15min from where I live...)
Old 11 July 2004, 19:45   #383
andreas
Zone Friend

Nonetheless, it's funny to know that there are people who have the box, but the disk somewhere else!
If I was a millionaire, I would fly over to your home and help you clean up a bit! Guess what treasures we're gonna find there then
Old 12 July 2004, 09:56   #384
Galaxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreas
Nonetheless, it's funny to know that there are people who have the box, but the disk somewhere else!
I have all my original disks stored together. 150 odd game boxes take up far too much space (even with them packed inside each other, they fill two 1084S boxes with some more that don't fit left over). Cubit was separated from the rest because it did not work.
Old 12 July 2004, 21:25   #385
andreas
Zone Friend

Ah I see So no offense
Old 13 July 2004, 00:33   #386
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Well, speaking of which, when are we eventually going to see the contents you preserved on these electromagnetic treasure chests?

Actually, I was just discusing this with someone last week in PM. I will search the web this week for a place that might sell power supplies for my dat drive. I'd like to close the book on this, really. Then there's my closet full of originals that I simply don't have the space to keep. I don't have the time to 1) scan the contents, 2) dump them for CAPS, 3) sell them on ebay. I've already boxed up a big case of C-64 originals. And like the boxes full of vinyl albums, they are just taking up space I don't have to begin with.
Old 09 November 2004, 17:42   #387
DPainter

Hey I found something on Twistin's famous MIA list. It's sure been a long time since I found anything MIA. And to make it that much more exciting (or disappointing) I'm just going to up it to the Zone and let you discover it for yourself.
Old 09 November 2004, 21:03   #388
andreas
Zone Friend

great, and as I either don't want to spoil here, I tell you guys that HOL has been updated, but I won't give a link this time
Old 29 November 2004, 11:35   #389
Galaxy

Dark Heart of Uukrul / Brøderbund 1989

I came across this whilst searching for information on another game.

I believe that this game was released for the Amiga. It appears on several Amiga cheat sites and I have seen it mentioned in several other places.

Not mentioned in HOL or the masterlist at the start of this thread. It received a Top Dog award on HOTU.

Anyone know anything about it? (or even better ... have a copy that they might upload to the Zone)
Old 29 November 2004, 15:17   #390
andreas
Zone Friend

SmoothTalker fixed

Quote:
SmoothTalker (1987/First Byte)
Fixed that. Has been in TOSEC, but had lots of errors. Now 100% again.
Also thanks must go to FUNET.FI for still hosting all those Amiga System fonts' archives, so I could replace that original (broken) font (frby 12) with a working one again!
Old 30 November 2004, 23:30   #391
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Thanks for that fix, Andreas.

@Galaxy
Brøderbund were a quirky bunch. They did publish a handful of odd Amiga games in the US that have all but vanished from the face of the earth ("If It Moves, Shoot It" immediately comes to mind), so I don't want to rule out its existence. On the other hand, you know the rule on cheat sites. It could have been on the ST or something and ended up on an Amiga cheat list that way. I'll be restoring a bunch of my old stuff soon and will see if I have any info in all of that title.

Can anybody post/repost the game "Hopp Oder Top" ... I see there is a DBS in HOL, but I don't believe I have this rare German game. TIA.
Old 23 December 2004, 14:18   #392
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
Vision (19xx/Rainbow Arts) not the Ad Games version

I don't get this.
VISION is (c) 1992 Ad Games / Rainbow Arts / Softgold.
According to the current HOL entry, Ad Games appears to be the developer, so RA / Softgold is the publisher.
Hence, I don't understand what you mean by "not the Ad Games version".
Old 23 December 2004, 16:58   #393
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:

I don't get this.
VISION is (c) 1992 Ad Games / Rainbow Arts / Softgold.
According to the current HOL entry, Ad Games appears to be the developer, so RA / Softgold is the publisher.
Hence, I don't understand what you mean by "not the Ad Games version".
I don't get it either, really. I still haven't restored my Amiga MIA and WinUAE stuff, so it's hard to tell what made me think they were different entities. Maybe I saw them referenced independently and thought they were different. I should do that restore today because I think I've fallen behind on a number of found files anyhow. As always, thanks for the observation.
Old 01 January 2005, 16:40   #394
molibden

Twistin' ghost : 1)a big thank you for all this
2) a minor point - the polish manager game by LK Avalon is called 'liga polska' without manager;
the 'liga polska manager' series was a pararell series by Marksoft (LPM 95-2005 so far)
3) could you upload the 'Liga Polska Manager '96 (1996/Marksoft/Group M' - hope it's not a mistake to include it here)

Old 02 January 2005, 01:46   #395
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by molibden
Twistin' ghost : 1)a big thank you for all this
2) a minor point - the polish manager game by LK Avalon is called 'liga polska' without manager;
the 'liga polska manager' series was a pararell series by Marksoft (LPM 95-2005 so far)
3) could you upload the 'Liga Polska Manager '96 (1996/Marksoft/Group M' - hope it's not a mistake to include it here)
Thanks for the info, I've updated that title.

I've restored some of my Amiga stuff to my hard drive and a have a few more CD's to go through before it's all there. I'll finish this task up tonight, grab that file and up it to the Zone for ya.

Peace.
Old 02 January 2005, 15:46   #396
molibden

thankee!!! there are a lot of people in polish old games sites who are looking for it,it's kind of a rarity 8-)))))

Old 02 January 2005, 16:18   #397
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Witam na EAB
Old 03 January 2005, 22:02   #398
andreas
Zone Friend

Stick out tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by molibden
thankee!!! there are a lot of people in polish old games sites who are looking for it,it's kind of a rarity 8-)))))
It maybe is in the original form, but not in the cracked form.
It should be on any recent TOSEC site.
(Grab it from the zone.)

BTW, while doing the game's HOL entry, I figured that it would really require a slight change of graphics to sell for German market
Very - uh - ambiguous gesture, isn't it
As the Polish are very political (see scan of Kwasniewski's ID card on bootup!), I would believe everything here, even that it's purpose they left this little dirtiness in
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	grin.png
Views:	183
Size:	1.6 KB
ID:	7753  

Last edited by andreas; 03 January 2005 at 22:11.
Old 03 January 2005, 22:26   #399
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Very - uh - ambiguous gesture, isn't it
No... the guy is just saying something like: "Heeelllooooo everybody!"
On the other hand... the red tie is the mark of a well know "red-neck the master of red-necks" mr. Andrew Lepper, who's the leader of a politicall union-thing called "Samoobrona" (Self-defense ) who want's to candidate as the next prez...

Quote:
As the Polish are very political (see scan of Kwasniewski's ID card on bootup!), I would believe everything here, even that it's purpose they left this little dirtiness in
This little pic is just a way to say: "We realllly like you mr. president sir, and we like to win the next elections "
Old 03 January 2005, 22:45   #400
andreas
Zone Friend

Quote:
On the other hand... the red tie is the mark of a well know "red-neck the master of red-necks" mr. Andrew Lepper, who's the leader of a politicall union-thing called "Samoobrona"
See ... no doubt. You guys ARE very political, and like to put little dirtinesses in here and there. (BTW the Bosnians and Serbs like to do this too, especially in their scene stuff [intros & demos]. Lots of naughty stuff there.) Oops, I'm getting too OT