English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 06 January 2012, 12:39   #41
sack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
I would simply like: A new cool 2d plattformer... The Amiga does it great and its not the hardest and biggest project... All the best for the project no mather what you choose
I've got the bare bones of a sidescrolling engine for OCS taking shape, but it's currently using shoot-em-up leveldata. There's no reason why it shouldn't be anything else though
Old 06 January 2012, 14:59   #42
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Bishi Bashi clone would be cool, with 2/3/4 player split screen multiplayer and separately designed games for those.

I know that isn't exactly your cup of tea GH, but imho something "slower", like a logical game a strategy minigame, or a smaller jrp like the 1st Final Fantasy would be awesome for starters - you wouldn't have to struggle with the speed of your game and all that.

Since I discovered FF7 I always dreamed about something like that for the Amiga but never could play it (except that one AMOS game, what's it's name...)
In my mind I designed it... there are 3 main "views/engines" needed: static intro/menu/options/character screens, scrolled in-game zoomed-in view for the locations, interactions and cutscenes, and the big earth-view for travelling - can be static too.
After that's done program in a few hundred items, quest items, main characters, quest characters, monsters and bosses, design a few towns, mazes, etc. ... ... ... piece of cake.
Old 06 January 2012, 16:00   #43
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Tower defence game. Not much graphics needed. Also, no AI. Still superfun to play.
Old 06 January 2012, 18:48   #44
Dreedo

RPG's in general are complex to make. MMORPG's are like, the most complex game to make, network coding combined with RPGness.

The 2 hardest things to do is Network and AI, in every programming language. :P
Old 06 January 2012, 21:06   #45
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
Since I discovered FF7 I always dreamed about something like that for the Amiga but never could play it (except that one AMOS game, what's it's name...)
In my mind I designed it... there are 3 main "views/engines" needed: static intro/menu/options/character screens, scrolled in-game zoomed-in view for the locations, interactions and cutscenes, and the big earth-view for travelling - can be static too.
After that's done program in a few hundred items, quest items, main characters, quest characters, monsters and bosses, design a few towns, mazes, etc. ... ... ... piece of cake.
very very early version of a project was i working on...

it has timers so the battles work out just like FF7, i rigged up my PSX and played the battles sequences over and over again, writing down the structure

although none of graphics were completed, the program was ready for sprites and backgrounds, the program has already got delays so some animation can happen, screen movement can also occur...

all that i need to do (code wise for the battle sequence) is, add health meters and damage given/received needs to added, more options in the mini menu's namely selecting spells

---
bootable adf
Attached Files
File Type: zip guildtest1.zip (65.0 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by Djay; 06 January 2012 at 21:34.
Old 06 January 2012, 22:10   #46
Sonica

Shadow of the Beast 4

...or um, a decent platform game!
Old 06 January 2012, 22:18   #47
Shoonay
Global Caturator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djay View Post
very very early version of a project was i working on...
I knew I forgot something... right, battles, who would want to battle in an jRPG anyways, right?

Okay, now that's done, someone else could do the other things and voila!
Old 06 January 2012, 22:39   #48
Ze Emulatron

I am into making puzzle type games, something within my programming skill level, and no AI opponents. I have 2 or 3 games I was working on, should probably get back to working on them.
Old 06 January 2012, 22:41   #49
xraynorm

How about an Amiga version of tunnel vision

http://noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=26319

With Stardust tunnel type graphics!

This is a great game. You basically have to capture the orb and fly it back to the start. The orb can stolen off your opponent. Very good with 2 players.
Old 06 January 2012, 22:46   #50
Graham Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoonay View Post
I know that isn't exactly your cup of tea GH, but imho something "slower", like a logical game a strategy minigame, or a smaller jrp like the 1st Final Fantasy would be awesome for starters - you wouldn't have to struggle with the speed of your game and all that.
I think I made a bit of a sweeping generalisation earlier re strategy/RPGs - for instance I played FF7 and FF8 to death - and you are right that speed wouldn't be as much of an issue when the pace of the game is slower by its very nature anyway.

In terms of strategy games, I've always wanted to write something like Space Crusade - it's a reasonably simple game to play and very accessible but it's extremely absorbing and tense. I'd like to do something where four people can play (or one person can play four teams) and you basically have to conquer a series of planets by completing a certain number of missions on each one. I actually started something like this about six years ago but it was a bit of a mess. Would like another go one day though.

Back on the subject and I'm really leaning towards a game like Downfall at the moment. It kinda ticks a lot of boxes for me. We shall see.
Old 07 January 2012, 01:46   #51
MadAngus
AMOS Documentation

How about a dash of Z. (Team based Capture the flag)
a measure of Dungeon Keeper. (mazes, traps, places to hide/ambush)
and a handful of Worms. (Fun characters with big weapons)
Blend for a few months and then Kill, Kill, Kill.

An Isometric viewpoint would be great, but then again the overhead view may be easier depending on what code you've already got.

Names?
FlagZ
DungeonFragg

I'm detecting a pattern in those names.
Old 07 January 2012, 03:11   #52
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCheese View Post
A decent Tank game - where players fire different missiles at each others tanks?
Similar to DeathTank (e.g. side-on view like Lemmings and Worms) on Sega Saturn and XBox 360, or overhead like real-time strategy games?

Sorry Graham, I'm not going to offer any ideas (I have a few games of my own I intend to make over the next few years ) but I wish you all the best in whatever you decide to make.

Regards,
Lonewolf10
Old 07 January 2012, 09:37   #53
athiga
aka bigfoot catnap

phew mindcraft clone sounds cool it would involve 3 major leeps

1 3d game engine for amiga thats out there yes

2 ai code another hurdle to tackle possible

and then if all goes to plan and a playable version was available

3 the almost impossible a savvier god like programmer that can do network multi player code put it up as a bounty with donations to attract professional coder
which is what it needs

then it would need a high spec networked fast CPU Amiga to be playable

witch would be the grounding stone an any future Amiga games
thus saving the fast aging Amiga and bringing back accelerators & pcmcia network cards
online Amiga gaming yay

right time to sleep in amiga bed good night zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 07 January 2012, 09:46   #54
CMcK

Seeing as the C64 has managed a good port how about an Amiga port of Canabalt?

Old 07 January 2012, 10:03   #55
Anemos
70X7

I like to see a Artillery style game, something cannon ,or tanks ,i know the PD game tank.. but i speak for new idea..
Old 07 January 2012, 10:05   #56
athiga
aka bigfoot catnap

yess more cannon fodder
Old 07 January 2012, 11:42   #57
fishyfish
Banned

@deicidal

Damn, there's a blast from the past I loved Talisman as younger man. Me, my brother and a few other friends played it heavily. Had the expansion sets as well

I'd thought about doing a computer version of it myself a few times while brainstorming ideas for myself, but to be honest Ive forgotten most things about it, apart from the fact that I loved it

@thread

There is indeed a few different bejeweled clones for the amiga Amijewelled to name just one.

@OP

While I still need to finish my puzzle game, I too have been brainstorming for ideas for another game to make after Ive finished it. Being that I favor the classic amigas + ocs/ecs/aga most of my ideas are centred around games that the amigas hardware will cope with nicely. An rts, zelda-esque adventure, or overhead racer are the likely candidates as theyre all quite simple (albiet a lot of work), but good fun. Although Ive got what I think are some great ideas for a zelda-esque game (for lack of a better description, my ideas share little in common with zelda itself, and in fact are more sci-fi than medi-evil) it's not something that'd be a great deal of fun to play myself, being that Id know it inside out before I played it). A Pools of radiance style rpg is another that Id considered as there's none that even require aga to my knowledge, let alone the sort of classic amiga most people are using these days (ie. upgraded cpu, ram, etc.).
Old 07 January 2012, 14:10   #58
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
@thread

There is indeed a few different bejeweled clones for the amiga Amijewelled to name just one.
any work on a stock A1200 or an 030?
Old 07 January 2012, 15:22   #59
fishyfish
Banned

Dont quote me on it, but didnt amijewelled end up with an aga version too? If I recall rebel helped with the graphics for aga version. Quarter passed 1 in the morning and I had a big day so am pretty exhausted right now and my brain is working quite as it should, so it may have been a different puzzle game There's also another on the tip of my tongue, but my brain in its melted state cant quite get at it, much to my frustration

If I remember I'll check it out tomorrow and clarify
Old 07 January 2012, 15:35   #60
Djay
95th User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfish View Post
Dont quote me on it, but didnt amijewelled end up with an aga version too? If I recall rebel helped with the graphics for aga version. Quarter passed 1 in the morning and I had a big day so am pretty exhausted right now and my brain is working quite as it should, so it may have been a different puzzle game There's also another on the tip of my tongue, but my brain in its melted state cant quite get at it, much to my frustration

If I remember I'll check it out tomorrow and clarify
i'll have a dig as well... now get some sleep