English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 23 February 2018, 22:01   #81
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Toni,
On post #1, the following link is not working ( http://www.winuae.net/files/b/pfsdoctor_experimenal.zip ).
It goes to :

Not Found
The requested URL /winuae/files/b/pfsdoctor_experimenal.zip was not found on this server.
----------
Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at download.abime.net Port 80
Old 23 February 2018, 22:02   #82
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Toni,
On the post #1, the following link is not working ( http://www.winuae.net/files/b/pfsdoctor_experimenal.zip ).
Being a GM has it's advantages sometimes (rarely though) as I can see all post history

Try this: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/pfs3aio_v3.0_test4.zip

...mind you, the very 1st URL Toni posted in the 1st post of the thread also works
Old 23 February 2018, 22:18   #83
kolla
Banned

@DamienD

malko is asking for link to experimental pfsdoctor, not pfsaio itself. Link on posting #1 now works though, so I guess you fixed it.
Old 23 February 2018, 22:20   #84
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Test #4 already downloaded Damien. Thanks .
I wanted to download" pfsdoctor" indeed. Maybe I am tired but I can't download it : neither in github nor in the zip file (see text in bold below).
Please, don't tell me that I am tired, I would prefer to know that the link is broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
[...]Souces available from https://github.com/tonioni/pfs3aio (and pfsdoctor)
Source tree also includes experimental >4G file size (48 bit file length field) support but it is not enabled in this version. Contact me if you want to test it.

>104G partition support and >4G file size support requires reformat and on-disk structures are not anymore compatible with old PFS3 or PFSDoctor versions. (http://www.winuae.net/files/b/pfsdoc...perimental.zip Note: command line only, no GUI like in official pfsdoctor)[...]
Old 23 February 2018, 22:23   #85
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
@DamienD

malko is asking for link to experimental pfsdoctor, not pfsaio itself. Link on posting #1 now works though, so I guess you fixed it.
You write faster than me .

PS: Yes, working now. My thanks to the person who corrected the link
Old 24 February 2018, 00:26   #86
grelbfarlk

Just an empty "it seems to be working report":
Test3 seems to be working on A4000d with 32GB Sandisk Extreme on IDE.
Uninteresting specs:
A4000 LC060@50MHz w/64MB motherboard hack.
Will try test4 soon.

Also Thank you and good work as always.

I have a few different SCSI cards I can test if anyone has any requests.
Old 24 February 2018, 11:42   #87
kolla
Banned

Been testing out on my CD32/TF328 setup, with some mixed results, using a CF card and scsi.device 46.0 It is a little unclear to me - should one use pfsformat at all? Or just AmigaOS format quick, and then use setfnsize and setdeldir to set those options? I tried using pfsformat quick, but then pfsdoctor often finds errors after copying data back to the partition and rebooting. It seems better with OS3.9 format, but I am not confident Also, quite a few times, formatting a device still leaves the content there, as if not formatted.

Well, as I mentioned, this is CD32 with TF328, and with scsi.device 46,0 (http://wt.exotica.org.uk/test.html) which _seems_ to be the only scsi.device working with multiple partitions on my setup (but that may just be an illusion of course). With scsi.device 43, the system goes into a repeated reboot cycle upon boot when I have more partitions defined
Old 24 February 2018, 11:55   #88
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Been testing out on my CD32/TF328 setup, with some mixed results, using a CF card and scsi.device 46.0 It is a little unclear to me - should one use pfsformat at all? Or just AmigaOS format quick, and then use setfnsize and setdeldir to set those options? I tried using pfsformat quick, but then pfsdoctor often finds errors after copying data back to the partition and rebooting. It seems better with OS3.9 format, but I am not confident Also, quite a few times, formatting a device still leaves the content there, as if not formatted.

Well, as I mentioned, this is CD32 with TF328, and with scsi.device 46,0 (http://wt.exotica.org.uk/test.html) which _seems_ to be the only scsi.device working with multiple partitions on my setup (but that may just be an illusion of course). With scsi.device 43, the system goes into a repeated reboot cycle upon boot when I have more partitions defined
I don't really care when using drivers or hardware that may or may not have other issues..

pfsformat or format, no difference (just don't select full format).

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 24 February 2018 at 12:04.
Old 24 February 2018, 12:00   #89
fgh

That reboot issue could be a known bug in scsi.device 43.43 (from 3.9 Boing Ball 2)
it has a bug that fails with all drives >4G that are reporting lba48 capability.
Try scsi.device version 43.45.
Don Adan's version 46.0 is not something I would trust. He couldn't tell its basic features or even which version it was based on. ('just some version someone sent him')
Old 24 February 2018, 12:01   #90
fgh

Quote:
I don't really care when using drivers or hardware that may or may not have other issues..

pfsformat or format, no difference (just don't select quick format).
DON'T select quick format?!
Old 24 February 2018, 12:04   #91
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It was supposed to be "don't select full format". Fixed
Old 24 February 2018, 14:41   #92
supaduper

Quote:

I have a TF328 and never encounter problems with PFS3aio, I have used 4, 8, and 16 gb CF`s with multiple partitions and even before Toni`s updates they all ran flawlessly and thats with scsi.device 40.5 !

The only time I did have errors was when I had bad IDE to cf adapter and that was throwing up `wrong index` and all the other normal errors but when I changed it for a good one then I had no problems and thats with a ÂŁ2 cf adapter
Old 24 February 2018, 16:37   #93
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
the system goes into a repeated reboot cycle upon boot when I have more partitions defined
Can you still enter early boot menu? Does it stop rebooting if you disable all partitions in early boot menu? (and yes, try 43.45, it is known working)
Old 24 February 2018, 17:00   #94
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
Test #4 working here : both FS-UAE / real A1200/060 using the same CF-Card
Old 24 February 2018, 18:53   #95
Sinphaltimus

Updated to test4 without any ill side effects. Thank you again.
See below for my config.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinphaltimus View Post
PFS3aioTest3 successfully applied to my Vampirized A500 Apollo OS r43 SSD. After successful reboot, PFSDoctor is happy with all devices.

DH0:777MB, DH2:512MB and DH1:27.5GB

- Thank you.
Old 24 February 2018, 21:12   #96
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] pfsformat or format, no difference (just don't select full format).
Except the consideration that a quick format take less time, is there any reason not to perform a normal format (full) ?
Old 24 February 2018, 21:46   #97
E-Penguin
Banana

If you're using a flash-based memory device, the full format will use up a lot of the limited number of write cycles for the device.
Old 24 February 2018, 21:53   #98
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

>4G safe filesystem won't make full format >4G safe. Even if format is >4G safe, it may not use same (working) access mode that filesystem uses (Full format bypasses filesystem) so you may still get bad results..

Unsafe format program + full formatting partition that is not fully inside first 4G: partition table and first partition will get fully or partially overwritten..

It is safer to never use full format.
Old 24 February 2018, 23:09   #99
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

What a big surprise to learn that "Full format bypasses filesystem".
Will look at the "format" command with different eyes now .

Thank you for the explanation .
Old 25 February 2018, 00:10   #100
kolla
Banned

With scsi.device 43.45 all my problems vanished, everything working great!

I am baffled how this version of scsi.device has been flying under my radar, considering that it is from 2008, on Aminet and all.