English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 25 June 2019, 23:51   #1
jmmijo

Steam Library

FYI - just got to 14,003 games in my Steam Library, why does Lord Gaben start the summer sale now
Old 05 August 2019, 18:41   #2
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Not getting many games lately...

Apart from HB Monthly I would get probably 1 bundle per month, if at all...
Old 08 August 2019, 03:39   #3
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Broke my steam purchase virginity last weekend with.... Duke Nukem Forever lol.

3rd version of the game I've owned lol. But best on PC that's for sure (others were PS3 and then later Xbox360)

Only did it because it was ~$10. Was actually after Duke3d with Build, but Duke 3D is ~ $40 and doesn't come with build.

Thank you archive.org for....archiving
Old 08 August 2019, 09:20   #4
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I'm sure the PC version is the least bad But to buy that game three times... Randy Pitchford does not deserve all your money.
Old 08 August 2019, 10:20   #5
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimbal View Post
I'm sure the PC version is the least bad But to buy that game three times... Randy Pitchford does not deserve all your money.
Oh I'll be buying it a 4th time when I can be bothered to source a boxed version for PC.

I quite liked it as a game but sure, it isn't as action packed as the original. It has its moments but it also has plenty of dullsville.

That's my only crit to be honest.

It felt "Duke" to me, and felt instantly retro (Rather than dated, but yes I'm using the term as an excuse).

TBH I was just glad it (or something bearing its title) was finally released. When it came out, good or bad, I simply HAD to have it. I didn't have a good gaming rig at the time, and PS3 was my weapon of choice.

The game then got sold along with my PS3 when the HDMI out got fried by lightning, hence I recently picked up a used copy for Xbox 360, really just so I have it in my (limited) collection.

But I see PC as more "future proof" and, well traditionally speaking, Duke is a PC title.

On my PC, which is nothing special at all and in dire need of a good GPU, it looks great, and it's just good to be back to KB and mouse to be honest.

HAIL TO TE KING BABY!

Last edited by 005AGIMA; 09 August 2019 at 02:22. Reason: typos
Old 08 August 2019, 14:15   #6
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quick look @ my library on stream, and it seems I have that game and few other Duke Nukem games... best part of getting old - I don't remember getting them, so probably it was part of some bundle.

One day I hope to complete DN3D game... one day...
Old 09 August 2019, 02:19   #7
005AGIMA
Re-loading. Please wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
Quick look @ my library on stream, and it seems I have that game and few other Duke Nukem games... best part of getting old - I don't remember getting them, so probably it was part of some bundle.

One day I hope to complete DN3D game... one day...
Ah nice.

Yeah so depending on WHEN you got Duke3D, it may or maynot include the Build level editor. From what I read, Gearbox(?) re-released it on Steam, and had the original pulled. This resulted in an extra episode being added, BUT they stripped out the editor.

The version that used to be on GOG (and DRM free) has the editor.

Oh and dont worry. I have the same memory problem lol. I go to post a comment on youtube, and realise I've already been on that video and posted something similar, months prior haha.,
Old 09 August 2019, 09:05   #8
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Oh I'll be buying it a 4th time when I can be bothered to source a boxed version for PC.
I hath a "boxed" copy of DNF (for PC) and it's just a steam copy. It does have a DVD, but you need to activate it on Steam.

The DVD has yet to see a PC
Old 09 August 2019, 13:29   #9
Anubis
Maj. Voodoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 005AGIMA View Post
Ah nice.

Yeah so depending on WHEN you got Duke3D, it may or maynot include the Build level editor. From what I read, Gearbox(?) re-released it on Steam, and had the original pulled. This resulted in an extra episode being added, BUT they stripped out the editor.

The version that used to be on GOG (and DRM free) has the editor.

Oh and dont worry. I have the same memory problem lol. I go to post a comment on youtube, and realise I've already been on that video and posted something similar, months prior haha.,
I have original CD rom and Atomic Edition that came with couple of other CDs filled with maps and some other episodes.

I believe I might have it on gog.com as well.

BTW, DN Forever is on sale @ HB: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/duke-nukem-forever

Last edited by Anubis; 09 August 2019 at 13:55.