English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - General

Old 13 August 2019, 20:08   #81
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
With all that have been said so far, I still continue to think that we should not put Amiten & Jojo in the same basket : http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?...35#post1337935
Not my intent. But their respective threads brought the same kind of posts.
So, from a moderator point of view, I see discussions about them and their work in a similar way.
Old 13 August 2019, 20:47   #82
E-Penguin
Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
I've just surfed onto Amiten's website to see what all the fuss is about and have been met with the quoted abuse (copied above).
Blimey. He needs a hug and a quiet sit down.
Old 13 August 2019, 20:57   #83
DancingWolf

Yikes talk about a can of worms.

DamienD the title is fine. True enough.

Regarding Amiten, He's been a naughty boy. Not so much because of plagiarising sprite art, but for reacting the way he has in response to it.
Also from what I can gather, Manipulating people to do work for him under false pretenses.

I feel bad for the information outlets, IndieRetroNews, AmigaBill etc when they promote something like this. Through no real fault of their own it reflects badly on them.There comes a point where acting in good faith is not really possible and a line should be drawn.

I also think it's nuts that anyone wishes Amiten to get cancer or wish them dead. I don't think any more fuel needs to be added to this fire.
I do think people should be aware of the practices Amiten has, especially when it comes to purchasing from them, But that should be the end of it.

And to the media outlets who continue to support him with exposure repeatedly despite the same issues, This looks bad on you.

And E.A.B, well everyone should just have a nice cup of tea and move on.

This will be my last message on this topic, As the team of AMITEN(TM) lawyers have arrived and I have to sell my pc to buy a nice suit for my court appearance.
Old 13 August 2019, 21:11   #84
Dunny

I'll echo the calls to close the jojo/amiten threads - they're literally poisoning our community and the fall-out has caused good folks like IndieRetroNews to quit EAB.

We can't afford to lose people like that, and not in this way.
Old 13 August 2019, 22:05   #85
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
I'll echo the calls to close the jojo/amiten threads - they're literally poisoning our community and the fall-out has caused good folks like IndieRetroNews to quit EAB.

Finally he didn't quit (good news )

It seems to me, however, that the biggest problem between these two threads is the unhealthy amalgamation that is made there.

Comments about Amiten (this thread : Nosferawho? - Amiten back to his old tricks yet again...) have nothing to do on Jojo's thread (thread : Cuba 1898 - my new game) and vice versa.
Old 14 August 2019, 00:04   #86
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

With all this drama I can't help wonder how fun gotta be those retrocomputing fairs at Spain. There gotta be lots of name-calling and thrown punches all around. Gotta attend one and bring the popcorn to watch it.
Old 14 August 2019, 00:11   #87
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

Aww thanks man!

I was going to quit over it, just too much hassle and stress over something I seriously enjoy doing. However appologies were made, and alls well my end.

But true, I think we should have a EAB wide announcement that no Iron Gate or Amiten discussions are to be started, and the reasons why need to be clearly explained so others can see exactly what's going on!
Old 14 August 2019, 00:54   #88
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Aww thanks man!

I was going to quit over it, just too much hassle and stress over something I seriously enjoy doing. However appologies were made, and alls well my end.

But true, I think we should have a EAB wide announcement that no Iron Gate or Amiten discussions are to be started, and the reasons why need to be clearly explained so others can see exactly what's going on!
Neil i think this is fair as long as IRN and other influential carriers follow suit.
This way the whole issue can be nipped in the bud with a central source of reason for the decision.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:03   #89
tolkien
AmigaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
With all this drama I can't help wonder how fun gotta be those retrocomputing fairs at Spain. There gotta be lots of name-calling and thrown punches all around. Gotta attend one and bring the popcorn to watch it.
This thread is not started by an spanish guy. Here are a lot of people speaking about amiten and jojo that are not from spain.
we have a telegram group with more than 100 spanish amiga users with no drama.
We do two mainly Amiga parties with no drama.
Please...dont put everyone in the same bag.
Yes, It's embarrasing for some of us that people thinks we are all problematic guys.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:08   #90
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Yeah we could do that on EAB I guess; but it's not just my decision obviously. It needs to discussed with RCK / all Global Moderators / Moderators.

Amiten brings absolutely nothing to the Amiga community except lies, scams, propaganda, and rubbish games; all in order to make a quick buck... which really makes the Amiga look like a kiddie system; not to mention damages the scene, that has been quite vibrant over the past 5 years with loads of quality / original stuff being released by honest / talented developers.

Yeah, best not to even discuss really and give him what he believes is "free promotion"

If people are stupid enough to support him or purchase his *cough* games... well, more fool them at the end of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Neil i think this is fair as long as IRN and other influential carriers follow suit.
This way the whole issue can be nipped in the bud with a central source of reason for the decision.
Totally agree with Graeme's comments.

It's a little hypocritical to ask all EAB and it's members not to discuss Amiten / Iron Gate but still keep supporting / prompting their rubbish on yours and other websites.

Last edited by DamienD; 14 August 2019 at 01:48.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:11   #91
Neil79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post

It's a little hypocritical to ask all EAB members not to discuss Amiten / Iron Gate but still keep supporting / prompting their rubbish on yours and other websites.
Well if EAB makes a CLEAR explanation of WHY Amiten and Iron Gate are not to be supported or discussed then I can follow suit! Anyone asking why can be directed to the relevant thread on this forum. So far all that's happening at the moment is scattered threads with people throwing bits and pieces of info about with a multitude of insults.

ONE THREAD, ONE DETAILED POST ABOUT AMITEN/IRON GATE
NO OTHER THREADS ALLOWED
DONE!
Old 14 August 2019, 01:34   #92
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Well if EAB makes a CLEAR explanation of WHY Amiten
About Amiten

1) Has sold CDs with demos, promised people who paid for those CDs that those games would be updated/completed and sent to people who paid for the CDs. Never happened and he seems to have forgotten about it.

2) Took graphics from the Internet to use on his games and tried to make people believe he drawed them, to the point where he shows pictures or videos of him drawing the graphics.... while they were already available somewhere else. This: http://109.228.4.199/Amiten2.png is one of the lowest examples, but you can find it more easily if you want to.

3) Asked for donations so Coco Banana could be a free game. Got the donations he asked. Then released the game for 9.99 euro as a digital download anyway.

4) NEVER took responsibility for any of his acts. When exposed, he deletes proof of his actions, try to blame other people or just ignore the accusations.

5) He KEEPS doing the same things over and over, he never learns from his mistakes and it's always ready to try to get more money from people who doesn't know better.

IMO this is aready enough to ban him from ANY Amiga-related community. But then you have is obnoxious attitude, how he offends anyone who criticizes what he does (and I find amazing how he really believe his stuff is great, I've seen many people with low self-consciense, but he is at a level I had never seen before), the agressiveness, the lame excuses... all this is just icing on the cake....

I don't fully mind he trying to sell shit unpolished games by triple the price people are selling their high-quality ones. The real problem is that, Above all, he is a scammer and the only thing people should hear about him is to avoid him at all costs, never deal with him, leave him alone and let the scene forget that he ever existed.

Quote:
. which really makes the Amiga look like a kiddie system;
Shit, also this. It has happened more than once, I talk about the Amiga here, people ask me "Are there new games being released for it?" and when they search, they ALWAYS find shit made by Amiten, and more than once people were like "What the fuck is this?" to me. The shit he does *really* harms the scene overall IMO.

Last edited by Shatterhand; 14 August 2019 at 01:43.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:37   #93
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

This guy reminds me of Uwe Boll. Pretty much the same attitude. Well, Boll left the film making industry at some point...
Old 14 August 2019, 01:40   #94
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
This guy reminds me of Uwe Boll. Pretty much the same attitude. Well, Boll left the film making industry at some point...
But did Uwe Boll stole assets from other films and said it was his own?

But yeah, you are right. Very same attitude indeed. Except Uwe Boll actually made one or two things that weren't abysmal. Still waiting to see something from Amiten that isn't.

And yes, I include Dream of Rowan. How anyone actually thinks that game is anything but awful is something that will always puzzle me.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:44   #95
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Puh, i don't know. But he did very crappy movies with official film subsidy and wasted millions for the few hollywood movies he did. But my point is: he seems in the same league when it comes to self-criticism and self-reflexion. And he started flame wars with many internet communities.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:48   #96
mcgeezer

I think its best left at that with an agreement to get a message out, i think the message needs to be broad and non-specific. I’ll have a think and message those with what i would write.

Being specific will just add more fuel on the fire.
Old 14 August 2019, 01:54   #97
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Puh, i don't know. But he did very crappy movies with official film subsidy and wasted millions for the few hollywood movies he did. But my point is: he seems in the same league when it comes to self-criticism and self-reflexion. And he started flame wars with many internet communities.
No no mate, I completely agree with you
Old 14 August 2019, 02:17   #98
NovaCoder

Quote:
Well if EAB makes a CLEAR explanation of WHY Amiten and Iron Gate are not to be supported

ONE THREAD, ONE DETAILED POST ABOUT AMITEN/IRON GATE
NO OTHER THREADS ALLOWED
DONE!
Yep that's probably the best way to handle it. No point getting all worked up about the guy, just state the facts and leave him to it.

All of us retro nuts are a bit 'different', some a lot more than others.
Old 14 August 2019, 03:03   #99
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
Please, I just ask you not to think that all Spaniards are equal. I am sure that there are also toxic people in other countries and not for that reason, we must consider everyone the same kind of.

Thank you.

Last edited by Estrayk; 14 August 2019 at 03:10.
Old 14 August 2019, 04:05   #100
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
Please, I just ask you not to think that all Spaniards are equal. I am sure that there are also toxic people in other countries and not for that reason, we must consider everyone the same kind of.

Thank you.
Mate, I'm from Brazil, probably the most hated country on Internet after Russia. (Or maybe more than Russia, I dunno).

Nah, I know how it goes. The retrocomputing scene here has seen its share of drama too.