Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

BippyM , I believe you summed it up pretty well
Old 01 January 2019, 02:22   #202
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
And not to forget: original financing model behind Coco Banana was:
"we kindly ask amigans for a sponsorship for making the game. As soon as we collect 500 Eur, we will finish this game and then release it for free." Which didn't happen as far as I remember, they collected some 370 Eur. Then they said: "okay, it is less than 500, but the game will happen, it will only slow us down. But then we will release it for free." Up to this point it was fair. But what happened next completely changed the situation.

I must say I do not feel cheated. I contributed to the development and later I got a digital version for free as promised. So I am not the one who can complain.
This makes it all right then?

I feel cheated and i haven’t bought or played the game.
Old 01 January 2019, 03:40   #203
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
Indeed not

But seriously, we don't want to draw too much attention to our scene by our software creators making money from large game companies' intellectual property either!

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

I don't have any strong feelings about the stolen graphics, I mean that sort of thing is pretty common in some of the BOR mods I've played where they take graphics from say a fighting game and use them in a Beat 'Em Up, that's cool and effective when done well and credited. Not a good idea to sell it like that though.

I'm just curious did he steal the name too for some inexplicable reason from the song Alexandra Stan - Coco Banana? Or is there some tie in that I'm not getting? Or or is it something like a translation error like Monkey Kong/Donkey Kong?
Old 01 January 2019, 06:51   #204
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
Oh and his ban has been lifted, and he's not made an appearance other than slamming the EAB and the moderation team (DamienD)...
Hmmmmm
Yeah, like EAB and the moderators are the bad people here; right

Wake up Johnny!!! You are a f$%$ing scammer; you push your propaganda shit everywhere, then eventually believe your own lies as if it was the truth!!!

What do you have to say about this post: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=176???

...you pretend that you were actually making the intro graphics by yourself by posting some bullshit image of you "apparently" drawing the assets; nothing could be further from the truth!!!
Old 01 January 2019, 07:24   #205
Luiscoco

I explain, Amiten found that drawing and started to remake it similar, if they turn around they will see that they are not the same.

If you look closely, none of the drawings looks like the original.

Then I colored it and did some tests that were finally not used and discarded.

In any case, I do not see any text that says that this drawing is not used for commercial purposes.

I was not cheated either, I was paid part of it initially and another part of it was finalized, and that payment was made by donation and for my part it was given to me by the programming.

The author of the music Dani, was offered a part and rejected, only recently accepted some headphones with part of their pay because you can not communicate with us for not having a microphone.

So far Amiten has not scammed anyone, the use of the drawings has no prohibition of use for commercial purposes, and if there is one that has it, surely we will change it.

As I have already explained if we do not find a graphic artist soon, we will surely put the game free, for now there is only a drawing of capcom, this we would change, although I doubt that it affects his arcade sales

The friction between Amiten and DamianD should be fixed in private since it is personal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dino.png
Views:	364
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	61398  
Old 01 January 2019, 07:38   #206
nobody

I don't think Capcom will care for coco banana. The character used is completely unknown. But if he had replicated some iconic IP or used an iconic character maybe they would knock his door. Right now they wouldn't bother imo. They will just laugh with all the mess he created, and avoid free marketing him.
Old 01 January 2019, 07:45   #207
Luiscoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunny View Post

And just so you know, Capcom are really, really aggressive about this sort of thing. Now that money has been exchanged they have the legal right (and under trademark law they have an obligation) to shut this down, with extreme prejudice, as soon as they find out.

But there's nothing he can do about it now except wait for Capcom's lawyers to get in touch - the damage has already been done.
Well, I'll have to commit suicide, or better I'll do hara-kiri.
Or better I wait for them to come and sue me and I will agree with them. LOL

Now seriously, I understand what you are telling me, I know they think I do not understand the background of honesty of not taking other people's things for nothing and less for profit. If I understand it and I am an honest person. That is why my insistence on the origin of the graphics, which is set in various parts of the program and in the videos of Amiten.

But there is one thing about laws that are not noticed:

1) The copyright law defends the author's rights to avoid that the possible income of the authors are bulnerated, the proof is that if you use them without charging, the law does not apply to you.

2) I doubt much that to remove the cocobanana we worsen the sales of the arcade of capcom, neither in any other platform, and unless they remove a mini console with the game it would not affect to him, and even then neither I believe that it would affect his sales to him.

3) When the situation warrants it, sometimes the laws have to be flexible. that is the case of the thief of a loaf of bread that steals by hunger and without another means of survival. we are not the gestapo, go to jail, and the laws do not apply like that, but through a judge, otherwise a computer could act as judge and this is not true for now.
For 2 years we have not managed to have a graphic designer in the company, the last program with graphic artist ended up fighting with Jhonny (probably because of his temperament, but apart ...), I myself have had friction with Him, and we have not been able to find another. This does not justify us. but I am sure that if we do not find a graphic artist soon, I will insist on putting the game for free and I think I will achieve it.

DamienD, I know, I know, but they do not stop
Old 01 January 2019, 07:52   #208
mcgeezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiscoco View Post
But there is one thing about laws that are not noticed:

1) The copyright law defends the author's rights to avoid that the possible income of the authors are bulnerated, the proof is that if you use them without charging, the law does not apply to you.
What's that about Copyright? I take it this is his CD cover on the physical disc.

I'm seriously pissed off with this Amiten shit, it's brought out the worst in me and I'm angry about it.

My point is he could have purchased the rights to use this asset for $30... the actual entire 3Dmax graphics - but, he probably wouldn't know what to do with it.

Geezer
Old 01 January 2019, 07:55   #209
Luiscoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Yeah, like EAB and the moderators are the bad people here; right

Wake up Johnny!!! You are a f$%$ing scammer; you push your propaganda shit everywhere, then eventually believe your own lies as if it was the truth!!!

What do you have to say about this post: http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=176???

...you pretend that you were actually making the intro graphics by yourself by posting some bullshit image of you "apparently" drawing the assets; nothing could be further from the truth!!!
DaminenD, please stop saying that Amiten is a swindler or scammer, he is insulting him without proof, I do not see anyone being scammed, nobody who has been charged something and has not been understood.

I do not see anyone saying that I feel cheated.

I think that's why Amiten started arguing with you, if I'm not wrong.
Old 01 January 2019, 08:00   #210
Luiscoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
What's that about Copyright? I take it this is his CD cover on the physical disc.

I'm seriously pissed off with this Amiten shit, it's brought out the worst in me and I'm angry about it.

My point is he could have purchased the rights to use this asset for $30... the actual entire 3Dmax graphics - but, he probably wouldn't know what to do with it.

Geezer
And do you have proof that amiten do not pay $ 30 for the rights to use those drawings?

If I did not understand wrong
Old 01 January 2019, 08:02   #211
mcgeezer

Quote:
And do you have proof that amiten do not pay $ 30 for the rights to use those drawings?

If I did not understand wrong
Do you have proof that he did? (I would want to see a dated receipt as evidence though)
Old 01 January 2019, 08:07   #212
Luiscoco

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgeezer View Post
Do you have proof that he did? (I would want to see a dated receipt as evidence though)
Tomorrow I will ask you, but in any case it is the plaintiff who must supply the evidence of the claim.

Since everyone is considered innocent until proven otherwise.
Old 01 January 2019, 09:00   #213
nobody

Imo the concept was good, the coding OK, they disrespect themselves and cheapen the product by using these assets.
Amiten probably didn't care as he already had a damaged reputation, so nothing to lose and dragged the others into this. Plus the fact amiten never did anything free (complete), if he had done 2-3 games maybe he would be forgiven. But he constantly pump out paid demos of bad (abbysmal) quality and continued being unreliable.
Old 01 January 2019, 09:33   #214
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
This thread is lost and any discussion in this case is pointless.
Old 01 January 2019, 10:59   #215
Gordon
Settler

Using free graphics aside this is original programming, so is amiten not justified in setting a price to pay for the programming? I’m guessing these take time to program?

Just wandering.
Old 01 January 2019, 11:19   #216
tolkien
AmigaMan

LuisCoco: "In any case, I do not see any text that says that this drawing is not used for commercial purposes"

I can read "GFX: https://www.spriters-resource.com" in some of the detail text from Cocobanana videos in youtube.

If you care about the legal use of the sprites you only have to go to the About section in that website and read:

"These resources are collected for personal projects and non-commercial work"
Old 01 January 2019, 11:19   #217
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] the game for free and I think I will achieve it. [...]
Do it now and stop all that mess you are part of.
Stop trying to gain some time to sell a few more copies.
Old 01 January 2019, 11:33   #218
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Using free graphics aside this is original programming, so is amiten not justified in setting a price to pay for the programming? I’m guessing these take time to program?

Just wandering.
Of course he can. But with someone else's graphics in there that he hasn't paid for the rights to use means that he's also charging money for those assets as well as the code. The law is pretty clear on that point.
Old 01 January 2019, 11:34   #219
nobody

Quote:

Just wandering.
No because there is copyrighted material in the game. Normally you can't even release it for free. You would need a written permission to release a game with copyrighted material, a licence like ocean etc did back in the day.

PS he could do a different model, pay me to do it with donations then release for free. Hoping the copyright owner wouldn't notice or the community not being hostile as it's free. I think that's what he tried to do in the beginning, probably understanding what will happen later

Last edited by nobody; 01 January 2019 at 11:42.
Old 01 January 2019, 14:21   #220
Luiscoco

Quote:

Just wandering.
At last a different opinion. Thank you
I would like to know if I can charge something for my work or not, just for being attached to some graphics.

In addition, the physical copy and the shipping is another part that we do not have because we give away and there is always the free demo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Imo the concept was good, the coding OK, they disrespect themselves and cheapen the product by using these assets.
Amiten probably didn't care as he already had a damaged reputation, so nothing to lose and dragged the others into this. Plus the fact amiten never did anything free (complete), if he had done 2-3 games maybe he would be forgiven. But he constantly pump out paid demos of bad (abbysmal) quality and continued being unreliable.
Amiten has given many of games games, such as
The last Star Fighter, who won an award in Amigamejam2016
AMIINVADERS
PARALLEL WORLDS

Some of these games have already been released for free
So far one of the first to charge was rowan and then cocobanana.

https://www.va-de-retro.com/foros/viewtopic.php?t=5903
https://retroinvaders.com/es/41869/amiten-software
Old list
State developments Amiten Software (c) 2010-2017
1- The Dream of Rowan 70% (RELEASE ON some point of 2017)
2- Parallel Worlds 70% unfinish postponed
3- Zorkland 60% in course
4- RetroWars 100% (1st Winner RetroAccion 2015)
5- Fish! 80% unfinish canceled
6- AmiPssst 50% (in course)
7- AmiJetPac 50% (Postponed)
8- AmiAxe 10% (canceled)
9- Mazinger Z 10% (canceled)
10- Tales of Julious 10% (canceled)
11- Amivania (30%) Postponed
12-Amiwars Canceled
13-AmiKill Canceled
14-Demon Road Canceled
15- Spacer Remake unfinish - canceled
16- The last Star Fighter 2017 new version (50%)

Last edited by Luiscoco; 01 January 2019 at 14:29.